Diablo® III

Battle.net® Account Security & Diablo® III

(Locked)

Very interesting that Blizzard is completely denying fault. They're going to have to state it a lot more clearly to make me stop worrying though.
I believe it, they work off of random number generators and those often work off of the system clock it's running on. If you can sync your clock to the servers clock you can often times come up with a program RNG that will give you the exact same "random" numbers every single time.
This happened historically on Absolute poker which used a RNG to deal the cards. Someone broke the code

I am not a computer expert but Im sure Blizzard auth's are harder to crack than that. If the auth code was cracked, it would blaze across the internet, the same way the first successful MITM attack n a WoW account hit MMO champ front page.
so I got hacked...talked to a GM and he said there was no log of my stuff getting compromised so they didn't restore my gear.

He then went on to saying I could use a 1 time limited restore, but then in the future I can't get a restore AND I won't be allowed to use the real money AH.

GG. wtf that's not really fair imo.
Folks, please, don't exaggerate. We haven't seen 10,000 distinct compromise reports. We likely haven't even seen 1000. The forums are not an accurate sampling of this issue, either way.
Dang it they got me too.There is something in game doing it.Just before getting booted out three new players were added to my recent list.which would be ok except that i have NEVER played a public game,been running it strictly solo so far.Response back from Blizzard says that ,yes they did find evidence of third party exploitation in my account and will be doing a restoration.I have never typed my password anywhere except in game or on here,no keyloggers on my compy (i constantly run scans on here to make sure) no malicious programs found nothing else affected except my battle.net stuff.I was able to see through the AH that they took over 38,000 gold from me and presumably all my items.While i admit to not having an authenticator (i had to wait until i got my replacement phone today to do it) i did everything else that i was supposed to.Now i just am hoping that they are able to restore everything since i really liked my setup :(
05/21/2012 10:39 PMPosted by Bootes
I sincerely love this game. I have had very few game-halting issues; only a series of minor annoyances that would have been avoided had the game been offline. But I've watched the week since launch roll on with nothing but terrible word-of-mouth, here and everywhere. It's really dismissive to say "that's the internet" like so many forum heroes are fond of doing -- when you're talking about itemization or art direction or lore, sure. But when most of the chatter isn't what an amazing gameplay experience Blizzard created but how terrible the delivery of this 'service' is; when we should be hashing out our passions about asinine things but are instead getting panicked by a lot of claims and a very pointed lack of clarity on behalf of Blizzard (and very dismissive snark from people who claim to know what's going on based on the same lack of clarity, because psychic) -- this is a stinky hot mess that needs cleaning.

So you didn't even get hacked, you've had very few if any problems, and yet you're you're fueling the hate fire by referencing how the internet is bad-mouthing a game?

Quite the cool story you got going there, bro.

I'm saying more can and should be done, bro, than let forum heroes run the conversation about what's 'really' going on with lots of acrimony and accusations and attitude and no information.

Blizzard is dropping the ball here, and it's being picked up and ran with by the wrong people.
Okay. Well it wouldn't matter the point is that I do NOT have that pet but I DO have an authenticator tied to my account. So you people need to stop using this as a "gotcha".

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battle-net-dial-in-authenticator-faq#q-8

Dial in authenticator is not the same thing to mobile/physical one.
I have not been hacked AFAIK but i'm running a full system scan anyways..
it's certainly possible that a wiki page that thousands of D3 players have visited had some sort of cross-site scripting that allowed access to your stored passwords...
out of all the players hacked out there... is your Diablo password any different from your facebook password or is it the same as a stored password on another site?
I blame the P2P downloading. Lulz.

Someone injected their genetically enhanced DNA into the files and shared it with the rest of us! We're all doomed!

INB4 Zombie apocalypse!
Just out of curiosity, if this does turn out to be a security flaw on Blizzards end how many of you forum troopers telling everyone they are idiots and it's all their fault are going to come back with an apology?

I suspect few if any; when this same situation played out in Rift, the forum white knights tried to pretend it never happened.

For the record I haven't been hacked (as far as I know).
Just out of curiosity, if this does turn out to be a security flaw on Blizzards end how many of you forum troopers telling everyone they are idiots and it's all their fault are going to come back with an apology?

I suspect few if any; when this same situation played out in Rift, the forum white knights tried to pretend it never happened.

If there is hard evidence of an exploit and Blizzard admits fault, Ill make a thread on the general forums saying I was wrong.

You are welcome to pull up this post in such an event.
Homestly im serioulsy disapointed, even thinking about getting a refund for d3. First the server problems and now this bullcrap. What is more annoying is the dam support basically calling me a retard and trying to shove wow down my troath, a game i couldnt care less about.

I lost all my gold but still have my itens, prolly because the hacker or wtv had no time to take them out. I dont care about the gold, it was only 180 000, but i dont feel like playing this game anymore, when im almost sure the problem wasnt in my end. Its not normal to have this many cracked accounts only a few days after launch, and dont give the " this happens a lot in wow when an expansion is released", i dont care what the fuk happens in wow, this is D3.

With all the server errors, its not hard to imagine that some kind of security exploit was found. I have no keyllogers, no trojans and no virus in my computer, my up to date anti-virus and anti-spyware found nothing, i also never give any account information and use diferent passwords for diferent accounts, and i never had one account hacked in more than 10 years. I got my computer hacked a few years ago but none of my accounts were stolen.

For all the retards out there who think blizz i hack proof, get a brain.
so I lost all my stuff tonight, contacted and spoke with a GM, here's what he told me:

He said that there was no log of my stuff getting compromised so they did not perform a auto restore.

Instead he gave me the option to use a 1 time limited restore(so I can't restore again in the future) AND lose my real money auction house privilege.

GG, what did I do to deserve this? I as a victim of this got screwed over hardcore lol....
Help computa. Stop all the downloading!
even if there is evidence of compromise you only get limited restorations according to the GM who responded to me.No freebies even if its their fault not yours.
WHAT THE HELL IS THE MATTER WITH YOU PEOPLE?

Logon credentials were not compromised.

That means someone did not PHISH/HACK/KEYLOG anything.

Wow, just wow. (No I am not talking World of Warcraft)

Get a grip and stop blaming everyone.

Only a white3 hat will be able to come in and set the record strait. Blizzard will not do it.

I am off to bed. All you young kids that are ready to make fun of someone elses misery can stay up and make stupid faces at each other.

^This, it all happen on Rift as well, coincidence? I think not, it's obvious there is some sort of security exploit being taken advantage of. You fanboys must be to dumb to realize what is going on. In a matter of just 9 - 12 hours the forum has exploded with post saying they have been hacked. I mean seriously, you guys saying oh it's a keylogger or you got phished, are you guys just plain retarded? If that was the case Blizzard would have logged your account logging in with a different IP, if that was the case then why do they not see any logs of suspicious activity? It's because they're spoofing your session along with your IP Address, come on guys smarten up, yall are the pc gamers for Christ sakes thought your supposed to be smarter than your average gamer.
I am playing with two accounts on my computer, I am one of the victims that got hacked. The difference between the things that have been done with acc 1 and acc 2.

Acc 1: I have visited AH, placed bid on item and even placed out items for sale, I have joined Public Games. (The one that got hacked, so I would recommend people to be careful with doing these kind of things)

Acc 2: Single mode all the way, no AH interaction or go public interaction.

Seeing the difference between the accounts and seeing how I play on 2 accounts but only 1 account that got hacked if the case is that I got keylogged, phished or whatever, the hacker would have hacked both of my accounts instead of just one? Why take one when you can take two?
Edited by Freedom#2766 on 5/21/2012 10:54 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]