Diablo® III

Battle.net® Account Security & Diablo® III

(Locked)

I logged in this morning and my stuff was completly gone, i got hacked. I know this is an issue. Please help me the best you can blizzard
Waiting for my account thats been suspended after reporting that i have been hacked..
its been 2 days, since i posted 3 tickets stressing the issue that i have secure my computer and email. Still no reply, waste of 60 dollars to go through so much issues. :( Don't get me wrong this game soo fun but having to deal with all this is a big time investment that has been nothing but stressful days trying to get this resolve.
Edited by MamoruX#1152 on 5/25/2012 8:28 AM PDT
I slept 4 hours last night and come back to a hacked account. Sigh...was just starting to make progress in inferno too. Took me 7 hours trying to beat belial on my gimp wd.
@Zulu

Except actual game media news reporters, with authetnicators, are even getting hacked

http://www.examiner.com/article/accounts-on-diablo-3-hacked
How long does blizzard usually respond to your hacking tickets?

My character got hacked and I went and made a ticket more than 20 hours ago and they haven't responded. Just asking others because I remember being in WoW they usually respond pretty quick in a couple of hours.
I got hacked... all my stuff gone.

No 3rd party stuff
No malicious sites
No password sharing
Just login and my stash and chars empty

I think I'm done with this game... no point in playing
I got hacked almost 2 days ago.
Submitted a ticket at once. Can any game masters get back to me when am i going to get back my restoration? It is almost more than 48 hours...I want to play the game man...I still love the game!
Edited by KGW#1763 on 5/25/2012 8:36 AM PDT
14 Night Elf Hunter
So I have not been hacked but know enough about the subject to know that it can happen to anyone. My question if someone could assist me "is the hacks happening via Public Game", Private Games or Hard Core.

I have an authenticator as one of my friends recommended it, and at the time I told him that I didn't think I needed one, but after reading all of this, I agree that it is important. Hacking is a bunch of crap, and usually used by those who are not good enough to go through game without stealing someone else things.

Sad that we live in an age where a game has to be a new means of theft. And as to Blizzard. Yes Blizzard is a major gaming company, and do well when all is working right, but as someone said in an earlier post, let us not forget about Playstation and XBOX Live who were both hacked. It is obvious enough that these two companies are much larger then Blizzard itself but it happened anyway.

My only issue with this whole thing is "why not just say thats what happened and fix it" cause let's face it; your not giving any information as to what happened, and 75% of the people playing your games are much more educated with computers then you think and know what a hack looks like.

I think that if you would just tell everyone that you were hacked and that you fkd up and made right by the users, things would not be so bad. By you not giving any information as to what happened you basically saying that we suffer cause of your mistake. Thats not right. You want us to spend the $60 on your game and then have to play it via your time frame (when server is working) but not give any information as to what the hell happened?

Priorities are obviously not in order on this one. Though I was not hacked I hate to see those that were hacked, cause it has happened to me in the past. Here is the major thing, I have a few degrees all in the computer industry, and what I know about "hacking" is this;

A)Hacking = Bruteforcing yourself into a secure system. This can happen but takes a bit of time unless of course the security software on the server is out of date (Sony Playstation via Apache Server).

B)Authenticators = A good tool but not fullproof by any means, as no method to date is 100% fullproof. Thousands of people daily get hacked (not Blizzard) using an authenticator of a sorts, and anti virus or mal-ware protection. These are not fullproof. Remember this as my college professor use to say daily in Networking "if someone can build it someone can break it."

C)Protection = The best protection is the protection you have yourself. Make sure you don't open random emails no matter what they say. Blizzard though having issues right now is not ever going to email you for no reason unless you request something. Turn spam protection on in your email. Get an email client, by doing this you eliminate even going to the website and having the chance of this happening. Change passwords on services you use daily, don't make them easy. Don't let your friend use your info for any reason at all. Its your info and your responsible for it.

Note: Blizzard do your jobs and fix this.
Got a response, two actually (from the same person?). First response was that they missed me online and that someone else was taking care of my case via web (which turned out to be them again?). Second response was the cookie-cutter information that was posted prior, information that can be found on their website information area and plastered by many frustrated customers.

Resolution: Nothing. Waiting on authenticator, did not op for restore because the items and even the gold I had I could easily regain in the rest of hell mode, but my faith in blizzard has died. I received no help from them on my hacked account, everything from recovering the account to "resecuring it" was done by me following common sense protocol, and to get stuff so I can actually fight, I received that from friends. I still have this "removed from game" 3005,3007 error, but that seems to be resolved with general chat, but it is ridiculous that I have to listen to gold spammers (that don't get banned), just to play the game. My faith in blizzard has died, and it can only be resurrected when blizzard PROVES they're actually listening to suggestions from the players.
I was a Victim of this, Luckily I am only lvl 38 with nothing to crazy. But I am still upset of this. We all play to enjoy the game we have been waiting for so long, to excel get better this makes it less enjoyable for the long time fans of Blizzard. Can you plz help us for the ones who have been effected by this, so this does not happen to future players. I know this sucks but I guess we have to just drive on and push forward. On the plus side atleast our characters did not get deleted.
and now I'm supposed to spend an extra 6.50 on this game to "protect" my account?

That sounds like racketeering to me... didn't the mafia used to do this?
I installed the Mobile authenticator, and i am scared as %$#%$# hahhaa want to go check my stuffs!

So I have not been hacked but know enough about the subject to know that it can happen to anyone. My question if someone could assist me "is the hacks happening via Public Game", Private Games or Hard Core.

I have an authenticator as one of my friends recommended it, and at the time I told him that I didn't think I needed one, but after reading all of this, I agree that it is important. Hacking is a bunch of crap, and usually used by those who are not good enough to go through game without stealing someone else things.

Sad that we live in an age where a game has to be a new means of theft. And as to Blizzard. Yes Blizzard is a major gaming company, and do well when all is working right, but as someone said in an earlier post, let us not forget about Playstation and XBOX Live who were both hacked. It is obvious enough that these two companies are much larger then Blizzard itself but it happened anyway.

My only issue with this whole thing is "why not just say thats what happened and fix it" cause let's face it; your not giving any information as to what happened, and 75% of the people playing your games are much more educated with computers then you think and know what a hack looks like.

I think that if you would just tell everyone that you were hacked and that you fkd up and made right by the users, things would not be so bad. By you not giving any information as to what happened you basically saying that we suffer cause of your mistake. Thats not right. You want us to spend the $60 on your game and then have to play it via your time frame (when server is working) but not give any information as to what the hell happened?

Priorities are obviously not in order on this one. Though I was not hacked I hate to see those that were hacked, cause it has happened to me in the past. Here is the major thing, I have a few degrees all in the computer industry, and what I know about "hacking" is this;

A)Hacking = Bruteforcing yourself into a secure system. This can happen but takes a bit of time unless of course the security software on the server is out of date (Sony Playstation via Apache Server).

B)Authenticators = A good tool but not fullproof by any means, as no method to date is 100% fullproof. Thousands of people daily get hacked (not Blizzard) using an authenticator of a sorts, and anti virus or mal-ware protection. These are not fullproof. Remember this as my college professor use to say daily in Networking "if someone can build it someone can break it."

C)Protection = The best protection is the protection you have yourself. Make sure you don't open random emails no matter what they say. Blizzard though having issues right now is not ever going to email you for no reason unless you request something. Turn spam protection on in your email. Get an email client, by doing this you eliminate even going to the website and having the chance of this happening. Change passwords on services you use daily, don't make them easy. Don't let your friend use your info for any reason at all. Its your info and your responsible for it.

Note: Blizzard do your jobs and fix this.

I am in the same position, I have a degree in computer engineer and science so I may understand the issue if you blizz explain it to us. for example to know how many gamer were affected and do somthing real about it, after all you are playing with real money in the AH so the items we have a real money being stole so the security standards should be more or less the same as in a bank imo.
No No No. You don't get to tell me how desirable accounts are, end with a comparison that doesn't actually apply and call it a day.

I know how valuable the accounts are and that there is a market for them. Duh.

You are no longer talking about the point. That passwords are being leaked or retrieved in a way that has not yet come to light. And it is being done on clean computers with people not giving out there info.

The problem is not that we don't have locks on our doors. The passwords are the locks. But the authenticators are like adding a retinal scanner to your front door (if we are going to play the make believe game). Besides, you didn't even comment on the rest of my post, only the section you felt you could make a witty comeback to. Nothing was helpful, only a red herring, and you seem to have posted just to see yourself write. If you're going to reply, reply to the entirety of the post.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]