Diablo® III

Battle.net® Account Security & Diablo® III

(Locked)

This post says nothing at all.

Did your servers get hacked? Is someone spoofing IDs to bypass the authentication system?

Is the hole in your security system that allowed this fixed?

Actually it does. It says no, no, and....no.
We should be also be worried about our personal information being taken and used, you guys forget about what happen to SONY or XBox live.
05/21/2012 08:23 PMPosted by Antumbra
Respond to reports from people with authenticators about being hacked by telling them 'nothing is wrong, it's your fault, get an authenticator'. Classy A+ customer service.

Replied to a ticket and got this as a response... *BANG!* *before you can react, a small, cylindrical object, pouring out acrid black smoke, crashes near you. A blackened goblin appears and leaps from the wreckage with his pants on fire. After dousing his britches with a flagon of water, he coughs and speaks*

Your gnoming pidgeon has arrived with your petition, though I wish I was able to chat with you directly about your issue, but I wanted to let you know that I have read and reviewed your petition, However, Game Masters are only equipped to handle matters that are directly involving the in-game world. We do have another department that is able to assist you with any account related concerns though, since this seems to be the reason for contact today.

Our Billing department can be contacted directly at 1-800-592-5499 between 8am - 8pm pacific time. They are also able to assist with many issues over webform. To access this and view all of their other contact information, you can visit (<http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/contact>;).

Best wishes that you’re able to get this resolved asap, and I hope you have a wonderful rest of the day!

Now, If you'll excuse me, I must repair my "Mount" *said with a deep sigh, his fingers in the sign for quotation marks. He rummages through the wreck, feet waving in the air, mumbling under breath about faulty gnomish wiring*

Somehow I am not surprised by this post...
05/21/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Dashaan
They didn't have authenticators, if they are saying they did, they're lying. I know, hard to believe.

Except the method of compromisation has nothing to do with account security, autheticators, or a "man in the middle" attack. Stop. Research. Understand what's actually going on. Then post again. But not before you do those things.
85 Night Elf Druid
nice caned reply , shame shame on you blizz
05/21/2012 08:29 PMPosted by Zephyr
Blizzard charges 15 dollars for a little piece of plastic with a number on it... what a perfect way to make a few million.

I think the issue is... people pay $15.00 for a little piece of plastic with a number on it. Also, they have maintenance and staff to pay... Their market capitalization is rather small for the amount of revenue that have.

Also, FIX MY F'ING ERROR 3006 BLIZZZZZZZZZZ... I only have Tuesdays off and this is my time to play!!! DAMN U
05/21/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Dashaan
I did not get hacked, but I will still defend everyone who did. With that said, what is being done for those who lost all of their stuff?

Here you go:

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/compromised-diablo-iii-account

Is this a joke? Your basically calling those that got forced logged off, and a friend watched their character log online and drop items onto a level 1 worthless.

Especially those with authenticators.

They didn't have authenticators, if they are saying they did, they're lying. I know, hard to believe.

If they did, they got man in the middle hit, and that still means their own system is compromised.

Man in the middle would be moot if Blizzard secured the data to the point where they can't understand it within a week...
So... this was the long awaited response?

FAIL!
ok but seriously instead of talking about auth / nothing... what's the problem?
looks like offline single-player is sounding more and more like an option that would be good, eh blizzard?
90 Gnome Warrior
05/21/2012 08:28 PMPosted by GuiltyLight

Except the method of compromisation has nothing to do with account security, autheticators, or a "man in the middle" attack. Stop. Research. Understand what's actually going on. Then post again. But not before you do those things.

You're wrong. You have no evidence to support that. You are basing this on spotty anecdotal evidence which can all be explained by players not being responsible with their data.

The blue confirms this because they are just iterating what we have been trying to tell you all along. There is no conspiracy or flaw in their system.
yea another failed blizzard post... i want a refund... and I am selling an Unopened Collectors Edition...
I officially lost all respect for this company, and will be letting my voice be heard at their next stock meeting.
05/21/2012 08:28 PMPosted by FatHuntresS
How is Pikachu#6897 STILL ONLINE? BAN HIM ALREADY.

this. blizzard is a noob. i could manage this company better.
05/21/2012 08:27 PMPosted by GuiltyLight
When one of your astute coworkers can tell me the difference between a pnp and an npn common emitter and common base collector on a transistor then I will be inclined to listen.

... are you serious?

Not only does that have nothing to do with account security, few people care about transitor technology these days anyway. The only reason you'd learn +-+ or -+- is for legacy curiosity, theory, or educating yourself for maintenence or repair of basic electronics.

So you took a semester of Shop class. Congratulations.

What's next? You're going to demand your tech support personel explain Ohm's law before you listen to them?

Anyway. The blue post was still disappointing, mostly because it didn't at all address the actual cause of the alleged hacking spree. If reports are true it has NOTHING to do with account security whatsoever and everything to do with Diablo III's session ID system.

Look another kid. Let me know when you can step up to the plate and actually have a coherent conversation about things that go into a computer before you step foot on my territory. That information is over 40 years old meaning I want someone that is capable of talking about the issue on a level that far surpasses your rudinmentary use of a mouse and google.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]