Diablo® III

Magic Find Set Items ???

I have found 3 Legendary items so far. I have not seen 1 set item yet ... anywhere. Do they exist??
Reply Quote
STARZAPP View profile

i have a level 68 wizard with 347 hours of play on that charactor and have never found a set or legundary item , i have my magic find up to 270 and still cant find ( she it ). i get tons of rare in certain games and other games i get all blue items . i have been in whimsyville with a buddie abut 30 to 40 times and found nothing . Now with that being said , my buddie has found several legundary items with all his charactors picking them up in all levels from normal to inferno. Never has he found a set item . He has 319 hrs of play time on his level 65 deamon hunter and 37 magic find with the highest M/F being 120 . He also has found several spell books and items to craft weapons, i have not .I sent an email to tech support and they replied with. " we are very sorry but we cant give you an answer ". So why is it that some people seem to find legends and set all the time and sme do not ? It seems to me that d3 techs know of this problem but refuse to do anything about it . You would think they would want people to find more of these items that they could craft more and auction more . since they take 15% of any auction
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
On some weeks I don't find anything, on others I find a crap ton. Random is random and luck is luck.
Reply Quote
Here is the deal. Blizzard will not give a straight answer. Rather, they let you use deductive logic with MF. If this, then type logic.

They claim MF does not do anything but increase odds of more an better affixes per roll. And it decides first if its a set, leg, rare, magic, white, or nothing at all.

In other words. Legendary and Set items have an established "probability" that they will drop, and MF increases odds that said drop will have more affixes and allegedly better ones.

Again, they make statements, but its nothing clear cut "yes, having MF increases chance of a legendary drop". Because IT DOES NOT.

Case in point. 1.04 "we will quadruple drops". Note, they did not directly say that this had anythign to do with legendarys or sets. We all could see the difference in the amount of rares and magic items, but what about sets an legendarys? Did their drop rate get quadrupled?

Nope. That did not change until patch 1.05. "we will double the drop rate of set an legendary items".

This could mean. Yes, at first the legendarys and sets were quadrupled in patch 1.04, along with all other items, and in 1.05 they were again doubled. Not likely.

Its more like 1.04 saw no change from 1.03 in legendary an set item drops. The change was independant and only affected rares and magics.

TLDR: Set and Legendary items will drop at the same rate with or without MF. Look at the wording. It rolls set, leg, rare, magic, white or nothing. If it rolls a rare, the affixes roll next.

So increasing affix odds has no impact on overal leg or set drop. There.
Edited by Kush#1975 on 11/14/2012 4:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yes, they do exist. My magic find is 260 with NV and Ive found 6 set items this week... but dont get too excited if you find one, if you intending on selling, because they pretty much have the same value as magics these days. The 6 that ive found are ones that I always thought were popluars and "must haves" like a 1468 DPS IK boulder breaker with 6% whirlwind cc... but getting no bids whatsoever. I guess thats the case when you got 5000000 bots to compete against who are finding the same items (sometime with better stats) and selling for much , MUCH cheaper prices like 20 000. Sadly, sets and legendaries are the new magics.
Reply Quote
Edit: Sorry, didn't notice the necro until after I had posted. I'll never understand why people like to do corpses.
Edited by Butz#1300 on 11/14/2012 5:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
quit complaining, keep searching. i don't come here to complain, usually just to kill time while away from my comp, but i see everyone likes to. been playing for a few months now, and i just got my first set piece last week. chantodo's force.. then today i found ik helm and tal rasha's unwavering something or other.. the more time you spend in game, the better your chances of finding something. not gonna find anything crunching numbers of mf. also gonna say that i just added a bunch of mf to my char and have gotten like 10 legendaries since.. prior i had 6 in the couple months i've been playing. so mf does matter - at least for me.
Reply Quote
Hey...look...

"Uh, no. Thats wrong. all off it".

Really? How so? I have facts to back up my statements. Mostly paraphrased from a blue. So, how is all of my post wrong? Did blizz not say that it rolls in a certain order? did they not say that mf increases odds of more/better affix rolls?

did they say "yes, mf increases probability of a set or legendary item drop"?!?!?! NOOOOOO! They never said that mf increases probability of a legendary or set item drop.

Nice try on the edit to bud! Nice try. gg

EDIT: OP, in that amount of play time...you missed a drop...or two. Most likely teleporting back to town to sell the rubbish you wasted your time picking up. Or an op barb joined an ran ahead of everyone an you missed a drop that way.

11/14/2012 04:54 PMPosted by Butz
Edit: Sorry, didn't notice the necro until after I had posted. I'll never understand why people like to do corpses.
Edited by Kush#1975 on 11/14/2012 5:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
All week nothing, then one night I found 5 brimstones in an hour.
Reply Quote
on my barb i have found 20+ legendaries and up until a few weeks ago not a single set item. then 2 set items within 20 minutes of each other..since then, none. this game is crazy.
Reply Quote
I'm running at 303mf on my monk before NV on MP2.
Usually i will get at least 1 leg or set per run.
Boast your MF and you will see the difference.
Reply Quote
seems like legendaries are more common than set items in general.

i also find more legendaries.

started a new HC barb (60/9)and a WD (60/2), in total i have about 150 on them or more

the score is

legendaries 4
set items 0
Reply Quote
I'm running MP2 at 425MF which is max. I get 1 set item a day and sometimes 2. I find maxing MF and doing quick runs to be very effective for me at least. Averaging at 7-10 legendary a day + 1 or 2 set items. So maybe you guys should try maxing out your MF and play on MP level that you are comfortable with. It's worth a try.
Reply Quote
Hey...look...

"Uh, no. Thats wrong. all off it".

Really? How so? I have facts to back up my statements. Mostly paraphrased from a blue. So, how is all of my post wrong? Did blizz not say that it rolls in a certain order? did they not say that mf increases odds of more/better affix rolls?

did they say "yes, mf increases probability of a set or legendary item drop"?!?!?! NOOOOOO! They never said that mf increases probability of a legendary or set item drop.

Nice try on the edit to bud! Nice try. gg

All right, why not?

11/14/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Kush
Here is the deal. Blizzard will not give a straight answer. Rather, they let you use deductive logic with MF. If this, then type logic.

They gave a straight answer. It's right here http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/equipment#magic-find

They claim MF does not do anything but increase odds of more an better affixes per roll. And it decides first if its a set, leg, rare, magic, white, or nothing at all.

In other words. Legendary and Set items have an established "probability" that they will drop, and MF increases odds that said drop will have more affixes and allegedly better ones.

They don't claim magic find gets you "better" affixes, just more of them. That's a misunderstanding on your part.

Again, they make statements, but its nothing clear cut "yes, having MF increases chance of a legendary drop". Because IT DOES NOT.

It does. It really does. It's stated in that article I linked.

Case in point. 1.04 "we will quadruple drops". Note, they did not directly say that this had anythign to do with legendarys or sets. We all could see the difference in the amount of rares and magic items, but what about sets an legendarys? Did their drop rate get quadrupled?

Nope. That did not change until patch 1.05. "we will double the drop rate of set an legendary items".

This could mean. Yes, at first the legendarys and sets were quadrupled in patch 1.04, along with all other items, and in 1.05 they were again doubled. Not likely.

Nothing was done to legendary drop rates in 1.0.4. You're tilting at windmills. In 1.0.5, the drop rate was obviously doubled. Everything about the current economy confirms this.

Its more like 1.04 saw no change from 1.03 in legendary an set item drops. The change was independant and only affected rares and magics.

The only drop rate change in the 1.0.4 patch notes was a boost in blue and yellow drops from white monsters. It was specifically worded that way. No one who can read English could possibly construe it as applying to legendary or set items. Not giants, windmills.

TLDR: Set and Legendary items will drop at the same rate with or without MF. Look at the wording. It rolls set, leg, rare, magic, white or nothing. If it rolls a rare, the affixes roll next.

So increasing affix odds has no impact on overal leg or set drop. There.

Set and legendary items absolutely drop more often with magic find. YOU look at the wording. Once again, http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/equipment#magic-find
So, there you have it. Wrong. All of it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]