Diablo® III

How come my DPS so low?

I've been told many times that my dps is surprisingly low considering the weapon I'm holding(I've been told I should be clearing 20k but I am currently at 16000). I have a 2h sword with 1018.9. The stat bonuses from the weapon are 241-578 damage and IAS 18%. My intelligence is at 965 so I was wondering if it was my intelligence being the reason my dps is so low?
Reply Quote
I'm 55 and currently have 1050 int. COnsidering the weapon you have, I assume you're 60 or very close, so I'd say your int is certainly low.

Dmg bonus from gear also greatly increases dps.
Reply Quote
yeah you need a lot more int if you want to see big numbers
Reply Quote
Using a 918 DPS weapon I have 25k damage. Are you not using Force Weapon? It increases your damage quite a bit. And yes, your int seems fairly low.
Reply Quote
You guys must be royally AH twinked to get that much Int, you got like 100+ on every item? Where do you have room for Vit? Unless you're dropping 300k on every item to get 3 digit stats on both.

I'm 56 and just barely pushing 5.5k DPS / 21k HP. My weapon's 1h DPS is 280. And it was balls to the wall expensive. And I'm not a moron. But I must suck at gold farming.
Edited by Elessar54R#1878 on 5/22/2012 6:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 06:14 PMPosted by Mether
Using a 918 DPS weapon I have 25k damage. Are you not using Force Weapon? It increases your damage quite a bit. And yes, your int seems fairly low.

Sorry for being a noob here but what do you mean by force weapon?
Reply Quote
I'm 45.

My Chest Armor alone provides 100+ int and vit. My Weapon and Shoes does the same as well. :) So yeah, it's all about using the right parameters when using AH.
Reply Quote
You guys must be royally AH twinked to get that much Int, you got like 100+ on every item? Where do you have room for Vit? Unless you're dropping 300k on every item to get 3 digit stats on both.

I'm 56 and just barely pushing 5.5k DPS / 21k HP. My weapon's 1h DPS is 280. And it was balls to the wall expensive. And I'm not a moron. But I must suck at gold farming.

You don't need vit as a wizard, in fact it's rather counter productive.

Magic weapon has a runed called force weapon the combination of both gives +15% weapon damage.
Reply Quote
Im close to 1k int (about 980) and Im level 46, so yea, I think your int is too low.
Reply Quote

You don't need vit as a wizard, in fact it's rather counter productive.

Magic weapon has a runed called force weapon the combination of both gives +15% weapon damage.

Well theres my answer. Threw on magic weapon and now have 22000 :/ This whole time I thought you were talking about the item, not the skill lol
Reply Quote
I'm at 1023 Int at level 51 and I spent maybe 10k a piece on each armor I have currently equipped. Most I actually picked up for about 5k a piece.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
i have 1.5k int, 25k hp and a 750dps 2h sword, and i get like 17k dps with glass canon alone.
i need to get my hands on a 1000dps weapon man, but none of them around 100k gold :(
Edited by ViReX#1852 on 5/22/2012 8:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]