Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
I am currently graduating and as a graduation present my father has offered to buy me a new computer. He asked me what kind I wanted and I wasn't sure what to tell him, so he just told me to give him the specs I want on the computer.
I am not really a computer wiz by any means so I was hoping for advice on what to ask for, any suggestions?
Here are some example builds based on different price range:
Edited by Ehrengarde#1143 on 5/22/2012 6:13 PM PDT
This Guide was extremely helpful, and I picked out a build of my own.
I was wanting some feedback on it and had a couple of questions
First off build:
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX Motherboard
Cosair Vengeance 2x4GB 240 Pin
GeForce GTX 670
Western Digital RE4 500GB 7200 RPM
Case Coolmaster HAF 912
Windows 7 64-bit
first question: Is all this stuff compatible with eachother? I am afraid to try and figure this out myself as I am sure I will miss something or screw it up
2nd question: I am not planning to overclock, do I need a cooling system?
3rd Question: Do you have a recommended power supply model for this set-up?
I know this is alot to ask, but I would really appreciate some feed back
1. If you aren't ever going to overclock (you won't, seeing you chose i5-3450), then take the B75 motherboard unless you NEED to do SLi/CrossFireX
2. Western Digital drivers are overpriced. Look for other drives.
3. There is a power supply recommended in the guide. 500W is enough.
4. You do not need a 3rd party CPU cooler since you will not overclock.
5. You need a DVD drive to install the OS. I assume you have it taken care of.
Otherwise, they look great, and will be compatible.
Edited by Ehrengarde#1143 on 5/22/2012 7:52 PM PDT
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.