Lets continue the discussion here, sticky request it if they still have that feature.
What we know so far:
- NOT a heat related issue. [Personally confirmed, along with countless others.]
- NOT only Nvidia. [Personally confirmed, along with countless others.]
- Seems to be very popular in the factory overclocked cards, perhaps the ones that aren't factory OC'd are user OC'd? Please include this when you report the issue.
- Resolution is NOT a factor. [Personally confirmed, along with countless others.]
- Lowering the FPS cap seems to help, but not fix the issue. [Personally confirmed, along with countless others.]
- DON'T try rolling back/Formatting your PC to fix this issue, it won't help. Save yourself the headache.
Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+ Superclocked.
Win 7, 64 bit
Phenom II X4 940 black
Same issue, drivers crashing. Using latest version, have tried others.
On an interesting note:
This happens to be for ONE other game and only one other game, and under a specific set of circumstances. That game: WoW. BUT only when I am quad boxing (playing 4 toons at once) and not nearly as bad as it is in D3. I have confirmed there the same results as here, not a heat driver issue.
So, this is a very wide spread and long running issue. I used to think it was on Nvidia, when trying to diagnose it with other WoW multiboxers. But now that it is occuring in D3 for people with other cards, looks like this one is on blizzard.
To help keep this thread organized and useful, please post the following:
- - OPERATING SYSTEM:
- VIDEO CARD:
- DRIVER VERSION:
- OTHER INFO YOU THINK IS RELEVANT: