Diablo® III

IS ZBEAR WD w/ VQ the most DPS, PERIOD?

Looking at other class skills, it seems like ZBEAR spam specs are the most DPS, period.

It's what, 236%+ dmg a bear? So 718% weapon dmg if all 3 bears hit, which isn't terribly uncommon. W/ no Cooldown, cast speed based on APS? Does anything that any other class have compare.

Not to mention that WDs have one of the best kits for Inferno mode.

Edit* Was hoping i wouldn't have to add this, but thanks to the guy below:

This post is about comparing WD to other classes for pure optimal DPS. Nothing to do w/ inferno builds, which the WD has plenty valid inferno builds.

I am asking/claiming that nothing is better than WDs Zbear damage builds for damage. To everyone posting that WDs are lackluster in DPS or performance, my argument here is that they are probably one of the best in every way. Since others tend to judge everything off of DPS or DMG per APS, dmg is a good way to debate the topic.
Edited by Zinfandel#1297 on 5/23/2012 3:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
That type of thinking is best suited for games like World of Warcraft and it's raiding scene.
Reply Quote
Thrown down BBV (+dmg%) & MC (+ dmg%) first. Then calculate the fun!
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 03:19 PMPosted by Opkalthar
That type of thinking is best suited for games like World of Warcraft and it's raiding scene.

Or surviving and progressing through the last 1/4th of the entire game (Inferno is end-game content. Raiding is end-game content. They're allowed to have some things in common, sorry). You can make up your own builds and think you're viable like Blizzard tells you (petless builds are 'wacky', anyone?). But really, unless you enjoy brick walls, finding the most optimum build is *gasp* optimal.
Reply Quote
It's the most damage and absolutely destroys act 1 inferno. But the bears are extremely situational. You have to practically be in melee range and well, that's not always the safest place to be. Trying to use it on faster ranged mobs and you won't hit anything. It's also extremely mana intensive. Vision quest and another mana regen passive is not enough to satisfy it's hunger for mana if you need to spam it for more than a couple of seconds.

Great build and I really have fun using it though. Rips a new hole into the butcher.
Reply Quote
Not arguing the case to use Zbear builds in inferno. I'm not saying that WDs are op, especially since optimal dps w/ zbears requires they all hit. Read my edit at top.
Edited by Zinfandel#1297 on 5/23/2012 3:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's the most damage and absolutely destroys act 1 inferno. But the bears are extremely situational. You have to practically be in melee range and well, that's not always the safest place to be. Trying to use it on faster ranged mobs and you won't hit anything. It's also extremely mana intensive. Vision quest and another mana regen passive is not enough to satisfy it's hunger for mana if you need to spam it for more than a couple of seconds.

Great build and I really have fun using it though. Rips a new hole into the butcher.

Indeed, while perhaps the most damaging ability in game, it is balanced per the reasons you listed above. Also, the cast animation is somewhat slow, but SW makes it entirely possible to kite with anything.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]