Diablo® III

Where to purchase a spirit stone?

I can not find a vendor that has this item. Trying to finish an achievement.
Reply Quote
They drop fairly often in Act III or if you're really impatient, get one from the auction house.
Reply Quote
I am "doing shut up and take my money" achievement and it has to be purchased from a merchant.
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
I also need to purchase a spirit stone in order to finish the achievement. Anyone been able to find a merchant with one?
Reply Quote
i have searched everywhere even on inferno. i think you need to find a traveling merchant.
Reply Quote
Comments in link mention vendor in Act 3.
http://d3db.com/achievement/i/shut-up-and-take-my-money#comment
Reply Quote
I got owned, I talked to Vendel then completed the quest but he was gone... so many bugs ...
Reply Quote
You buy them from randomly spawned traveling merchant but its a pain in the !@# to find...

Here's where...

Random Spawn Location: ROTTING CELLAR
Random Merchant: JAVAD
Reply Quote
Do you have to be a Monk for them to appear in vendor's inventory, or can any class buy them? There seems to be some speculation on this, but if anyone of a class other than Monk has bought one, it would be nice to hear that here. Thanks.

EDIT: Ironically, I found one right after posting this. I can confirm that you do NOT have to be a Monk to buy it. I got it from the rare merchant Vendel the Armorsmith on the Watchtower Level 2 in the Northern Highlands.
Edited by DragonSyn#1158 on 6/3/2012 4:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Do you have to be a Monk for them to appear in vendor's inventory, or can any class buy them? There seems to be some speculation on this, but if anyone of a class other than Monk has bought one, it would be nice to hear that here. Thanks.

EDIT: Ironically, I found one right after posting this. I can confirm that you do NOT have to be a Monk to buy it. I got it from the rare merchant Vendel the Armorsmith on the Watchtower Level 2 in the Northern Highlands.

What difficultly were you playing?
Reply Quote
Today I finally found a Spirit Stone on Zaven the Alchemist. I was repeatedly starting new games looking for the Rotting Cellar for Javad the Merchant, who is know to sell it, but also clearing the one spot where Zaven might spawn in the Oasis, and I finally got it off Zaven. It is really a very rare item in their inventory though, I had about 45-50 Javad spawns and maybe 8-10 Zaven spawns during that time, and was pretty thrilled when I saw it on Zaven.

This was on Hell difficulty, not sure if that makes any difference though what items the vendors stock.
Reply Quote
I've done upwards of about 70+ resets in the Northern Highlands for the Watch Tower hoping to get Vendel, and of the two times I've gotten him to spawn he's had Witch Doctor helms but no Spirit Stones...which sucks, because it's literally the last thing I need in order to complete this achievement.

I think Javad is more common, however, so I think I'll just try him, now.
Reply Quote

What difficultly were you playing?

Normal, but I'm sure they spawn in any difficulty. I'm guessing they are random though.
Reply Quote
I found Zaven with spirit stone
Join if need
Reply Quote
nvm :)
Reply Quote
I am at Vendel right now, 1:08 AM ET, 6/22/12. He has the Spirit Stone. It is ARMOR for those that don't know (I always thought it was a weapon). Feel free to join my game and buy it. I'll stay logged in as long as possible. Just port to my location. Join ShockingToad.320 or is it #1427?

Good Luck.
Edited by ShockingToad#1427 on 6/21/2012 10:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
What a joke. Just found Vendel in the Tower Level 2 but he had literally one axe for sale. Looks like Obamanomics is felt in Diablo 3 as well. LOL
Edited by aBiNeR#1252 on 1/14/2013 7:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
Kyr the Weaponsmith just had one for me. (Act I Part Highlandpass. He spawns in front of Halls of Agony Level 2.)
Reply Quote
Zombie thread much?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]