Diablo® III

Monk Solo Inferno Butcher with horrible gear!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIu4SN0ZXmo&feature=youtu.be

It's not that hard, just learn the mechanics and stop QQing noobs.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
People are complaining about Act 2, not the Butcher
Reply Quote
I'll make a video of act 2 in the future, although I did get hit for 74k by a normal monster in act 3 the other day lol. I think people just need to learn the mechanics rather than trying to rambo everything and end up dying. If you kite you win and it's still fun..

05/24/2012 07:54 PMPosted by Berskowski
People are complaining about Act 2, not the Butcher
Also note the 5 stacks of nephalem buff, elites are harder than the butcher yet I still managed.. If you slowly get gear from act 1 by getting really lucky with elite / boss kill loot you will easily able to handle act 2, it's all about farming gear until you're strong enough to continue on.

The point of the video was for people to stop crying about how much better ranged classes are in Inferno mode when melee is just as capable.
Edited by TheXenon#1148 on 5/24/2012 8:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Why should a melee character have to kite to be able to do it? You don't even need to put much thought into it to realise that it's a flawed concept. If people wanted to play Ranged, they would pick DH or Wizard, not a Monk.
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 08:01 PMPosted by TheXenon
I'll make a video of act 2 in the future, although I did get hit for 74k by a normal monster in act 3 the other day lol. I think people just need to learn the mechanics rather than trying to rambo everything and end up dying. If you kite you win and it's still fun..

thats like you saying, just tell a DH or Wiz if you tank you win and its still fun. no its not. its a joke i understand inferno is supposed to be hard but its not supposed to make you forget youre melee class that somehow gets by fighting upclose
Edited by Belladonna#1775 on 5/24/2012 8:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I guess people don't realize that this game would be pretty stupid if melee classes could melee 100% of the time without dying, I see nothing wrong with running away when you need to heal.. All my dmg that goes into killing something is with melee so what's the problem?

You can't expect to stay in combat 100% of the time and not die... If you want to do that go play normal mode. You're SUPPOSED to run away and heal when you're getting close to dying. Get used to it noobs. They made a fourth mode for a reason, it's supposed to be HARD. Which it is so stop complaining and adjust.
Edited by TheXenon#1148 on 5/24/2012 8:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Wait, inferno butcher is hard? No it's not. All you need is a decent weapon. I was suprised how easy he was: got him on second pull. Also willin to bet your gear aint as crappy as you say. Like to see you killin elites in act 2+ please.
Edited by fixit#1698 on 5/24/2012 8:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Diablo II? That game is old, things have changed. Get used to it or continue to wipe in inferno.

We purposely launched the game with Inferno being far more difficult than what we were able to progress in ourselves, assuming people would find it as difficult but with a few skilled players able to pull it off, or the difficulty would simply help root out problem skills and builds that allowed flaw-filled progression possibilities.

I think the main problem we're running into is people progress more or less linearly to Inferno, and the brick wall effect makes it seem like these broken skills were the correct way to overcome the difficulty because the belief is that Inferno must be an immediately surmountable challenge, which it isn't intended to be. Or the reverse, that because these skills allowed progression the classes that did not have them were too weak/broken, which isn't correct.

We'll provide a bit more info/context on Inferno tuning through an article we're working on for the front page.

It's supposed to be hard guys..
Edited by TheXenon#1148 on 5/24/2012 8:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 08:04 PMPosted by SneakyBear
Why should a melee character have to kite to be able to do it? You don't even need to put much thought into it to realise that it's a flawed concept. If people wanted to play Ranged, they would pick DH or Wizard, not a Monk.

Repositioning =/= Kiting

Melee reposition in combat in almost every ARPG game.
Reply Quote
Woah.. There quality better than 1080p.
Reply Quote
Once people start clearing act 2 everyone will complain about act 3!

I just killed Butcher. Now, time to beat my face against act 2...
Reply Quote

Repositioning =/= Kiting

Clearly you missed what he said, so I'll repeat it:

If you kite you win and it's still fun..
Edited by SneakyBear#2826 on 5/24/2012 8:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Repositioning =/= Kiting

If you kite you win and it's still fun..

Are you dense? I was speaking to the person I quoted.

EDIT: Haha and that was you aye. Yeah you must be dense. I don't care what the OP said. I care what you said.

What I said originaly stands. Repositioning =/= Kiting.
Edited by BloodyBartuc#1543 on 5/24/2012 8:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Are you dense? I was speaking to the person I quoted.

EDIT: Haha and that was you aye. Yeah you must be dense. I don't care what the OP said. I care what you said.

What I said originaly stands. Repositioning =/= Kiting.

No it doesn't stand at all, I was replying to the fact that he said about kiting, he even used the word "kite" which indicates he thinks a melee class should kite, no-one said anything about repositioning.

The only 1 here who is dense, is you.
Reply Quote
A wasp in act 2 is harder than all of act 1 put together, come back when you've made some progression.
Reply Quote
I still think people who complain about melee in Inferno are overreacting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]