Diablo® III

Critical Mass, Whats the deal?

Okay, whats the deal with CM now? Did they Nurf it to back to the stone age in the sense that it completely doesn't work anymore?
is it only certain skills don't trigger it as much? (i understand living lightning, energy twister and blizzard were the common ones)
Or did they just reduce the proc chance?

Because the way i see it, if its either option B,C its still very useable...
Reply Quote
People were using the perma diamond skin / stunlock build.

It's working as intended now instead of making everything cooldown after 1 second.
Reply Quote
I'm wondering this as well, the complete lack of detail in the notes is... irritating. If they made a broad, sweeping change in how it calculates things to make it one chance per cast or the like, then it's pretty much gone. If they just altered specific abilities, well I'd like to know which ones.
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 06:19 AMPosted by TemetNosce
I'm wondering this as well, the complete lack of detail in the notes is... irritating. If they made a broad, sweeping change in how it calculates things to make it one chance per cast or the like, then it's pretty much gone. If they just altered specific abilities, well I'd like to know which ones.

I know right?
I liked the idea of CM, but what would even better if they would just give us the proc chance on the tooltip.
Reply Quote
LL, tornado, venom weapon

pretty much wont proc CM at all, havent tested other abilities. But essentially will use the ability, 1second will be taken off the cooldown, then it wont proc again after that

So for the most part useless as a build cant be made around it anymore
Reply Quote
LL, tornado, venom weapon

pretty much wont proc CM at all, havent tested other abilities. But essentially will use the ability, 1second will be taken off the cooldown, then it wont proc again after that

So for the most part useless as a build cant be made around it anymore

So, from what i gather, there is an internal cooldown on CM?
Reply Quote
or is it thats a spell cool down can only benefit from CM once?
Reply Quote
Yep, same results here. Critical Mass is not working at all.

I've tried Arcane Missiles, Electrocute, Magic Missiles, etc. Crit's are hitting, no time is being taken away from any cooldowns that I can see.
Reply Quote
Yay, another useless skill. Just remove everything besides magic missile and call it a day.
Reply Quote
I read that spectral blades might work? Anyone able to try?
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 07:25 AMPosted by Rhadley

Barely. Only in big packs and that is still iffy. Have to have high life/armor/resitence because there will be times where it just wont proc.
Reply Quote
Works fine for me. Procs less but that's how it was designed. It helps to shave some seconds of your CDs, but It's wasn't intended for you to just stand there and spam DS all the way. With DS and tele/fracture i always have something ready when mobs get their hands on me.
Reply Quote
So lets lay it out. It there a way for Wizards to beat a pack of lightning fast yellows in a cave at the moment?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
05/25/2012 07:25 AMPosted by Rhadley

It does appear that spectral blades still proc critical mass.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
05/25/2012 07:28 AMPosted by Vux
Works fine for me. Procs less but that's how it was designed. It helps to shave some seconds of your CDs, but It's wasn't intended for you to just stand there and spam DS all the way. With DS and tele/fracture i always have something ready when mobs get their hands on me.

Agreed, I thought it was just a bit silly before.

Oh noes!!!! Now I have to add life and resists! Oopsie, I already did that. Good to go. :D
Reply Quote
Every spell chance now has a single chance to proc it, not every tick/damage done.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Just use evocation and call it a day.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]