Diablo® III

Jailer and Waller affixes need to change

I just want to suggest something about these two affixes: jailer and waller affixes must change its mechanics. Every other affixes you can do something to avoid the damage: frozen?, run away from exploding ice grenades; desecrator?, don't stand in the fire; plague?, don't stand in the green pool; mortar?, run away when you see the fire bombs.

Jailer and Waller are the only affixes that, with my Demon Hunter, I have nothing to do except wait and die. The mobs surround me an kill me with 3 or 4 attacks. Jailer is just a stupid affix, because doesn't matter if you are skilled, there is nothing to ranged players do except watching the mobs killing you...

Same thing about waller in corridors. I can vault, but... I'll vault in front of the mobs and they will kill me, no matter if my life is full.

MY SUGGESTION: let us use abilities such as vault, leap, teleport and spirit walk when your hero is jailed; also, make walls from wallers destructible. This way the affixes will really work as intended: giving you the opportunity to overcome them and become a better player while experiencing the game.
Reply Quote
Smoke Screen breaks CC.
Reply Quote
21 Human Mage
I support this.
Reply Quote
You can SS out of Jailers on a DH ( def not op btw not at all) cry about it, thats the reason they are there, why dont you play a barb / monk, where you have to not only avoid those but EVERY other affix, not just mortars. So keep crying while you have 2 bad affixes while us Melee have all of them to worry about.
Reply Quote
while we're at it, lets just have a button that 1 shots the monsters for you if its too hard.

get a clue...
Reply Quote
Spirit walk for WD works just fine against both affixes fyi. Sucks that your abilities don't.
Reply Quote
Jailer and Waller arent really the problem, its what they get added to

example: Jailer, Arcane Enchanted, Fast, Horde

The prefixes need some work, the real question is will Blizzard nerf them or will they leave them present to make people feel more compelled to spend real life $$$ on gear at the RMAH to combat this 'Challenge'

My money is on the latter

I heard a rumor that every $1 spent on the RMAH will make Bobby Kotick and Mike Morhaime's head spin around.
Edited by BloodOmen#2114 on 5/26/2012 12:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Amy
Smoke Screen breaks CC.
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Amy
Smoke Screen breaks CC.

Except when you get Jailed in the middle of a wall enclosure, and the mobs unit collision block you from getting out of the walled in area. Also, 1-1.5 sec SS is a !@#$ing joke now. If we could Vault over walls, that would be amazing. Most of the time when I die it's because I can't move anywhere and I'm either getting my face bashed in, or Mortar is raining down on my !@#. Gotta love those Mortar/Plagued/Jailer/Wallers.
Edited by KelbornX#1340 on 5/26/2012 12:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Trademark
You can SS out of Jailers on a DH ( def not op btw not at all) cry about it, thats the reason they are there, why dont you play a barb / monk, where you have to not only avoid those but EVERY other affix, not just mortars. So keep crying while you have 2 bad affixes while us Melee have all of them to worry about

I'm not crying, I'm making a suggestion to everyone discuss it. You're crying because you play melee.

05/26/2012 12:47 PMPosted by IsThatOkay
Smoke Screen breaks CC.

That's a solution... but this will force every DH to use Smoke Screen... I think my suggestion will help players to use other solutions instead of being forced to use one specific ability.
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 12:39 PMPosted by Vagrancy
while we're at it, lets just have a button that 1 shots the monsters for you if its too hard.

I'm not complaining about the game being hard; hard is fine. I'm suggesting to change the way two affixes work so they can become a challenge, not a doom sentence for some classes.
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Pina
but this will force every DH to use Smoke Screen...

I take it you've never visited the DH forum, or played in Hell/Inferno yet?
Reply Quote
SW actually can't go through walls.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
If you're not saving your defensive CDs for Jailer pops, then you deserve to get killed by it.
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 01:43 PMPosted by Nealos
If you're not saving your defensive CDs for Jailer pops, then you deserve to get killed by it.

Which defensive cooldowns does have a DH? With Shadow Power, my life won't grow fast enough to stand against a wave of monsters surrounding me. Calltrops? Why they need to be slowed, if I'm right at their side? Fan of knives? They have a lot of life so... I'll damage them, they'll be slowed, maybe stuned (with rune) and... I'll die! Preparation with 60% life rune? Sometimes it's ok, but I can use it one time in 45 seconds and mobs can jail me pretty fast. Vault? I can't vault while jailed... Potions? They can kill me instantly, using or not a potion... I just played with a Desecrator/Jailer and I died almost instantly, without having chance to reaction... The only solution is SS... but it's the only one!

Maybe wizards with diamond shields, barbs with shouts and monks with heal may survive... but not DH. It is doom, not strategy. DH is suposed to kit mobs, walk fast, not letting monsters reach you... and they have no proper cooldowns against an affix that immobilizes you. DH wasn't designed to stand against immobilization.

I'm fine with the game being hard; but there must be always more than one solution for a class to survive.
Reply Quote
Oh, so waller shows you what it's like to be a melee?
Reply Quote

Maybe barbs with shouts may survive... but not DH.

Nope, barbs just get wrecked.
Reply Quote
Don't forget about Vortex. Absolutely no warning, just a sudden screen change as you warp right next to the horde...
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 02:21 PMPosted by Noctivagus

No. Wallers are awesome for ranged characters because the AI usually doesn't have a clue how to use the walls. Basically most wallers I run into wall themselves into a box while I stand outside and safely AoE them all to death.
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 02:21 PMPosted by Noctivagus

This is a silly thing to say, but I'll answer: no, absolutely not. Waller and jailer remember me that I'm not a melee at all! Melees are melees: they take 30% less damage and have a lot of defensive abilities that allows them to be overwhelmed by monsters and survive. I don't have mantras, I don't have shouts, I don't have instant heal, I don't have 3 seconds stuns in area, I don't have lots of armor or dodge, I don't have passives that grants me more armor or more life....... ALL of my defensives are based in slowing monsters and move myself pretty fast... none of them are based in being overwhelmed by a horde of monsters that freezes me on the ground and kill me in less than one second. I'm not a melee: I play with a bow and I'm supposed to stay far away from monsters if I want to survive.

Don't compare things that were designed to be different and think you're sarcastic and clever...
Edited by Pina#1756 on 5/26/2012 3:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]