Diablo® III

Achievement Guide - A Rare Phenomenon

(Locked)

As a correction to your list, the Skull Cleaver (act 3) is found in the Battlefield Stores dungeon and not the Keep Depths. Only Swift Skull Cleavers spawn in the Keep Depths.

Also, I've had no luck finding elite Skeletal Marauders in the Keep Depths, but I did find them in the Battlefield Stores. Similarly, I haven't yet seen elite Fallen Hellhounds before Ghom.

Just went through and did a few act 3 runs. I found both a Skeletal Marauder one and Fallen Hellhound one where I listed them. For the Marauders, they are the skeletons with the shields you need to break. For the Hellhounds, they are the dogs. Make sure you go to the Skycrown Battlements, which is the area where you first go, to light the signal fires.
Found some Fallen Cur spawning in the Ancient Path, yet to see a rare pack (already got a champion pack).

On a side note, i'm pretty sure i killed 2 rare Sand Dweller in the Desolate Sands, but the entry in the achievement isn't checked. Anyone having the same problem ?
90 Troll Priest
For... the Skeletal Sentry rare, does anyone know where the rare version of it spawns. All I can seem to find are the regular one in the Sewers and Forgotten Ruins after about 50 runs of each.
Thanks Anderys for taking the time to list them, helped me a ton.
Fallen Cur confirmed in the Ancient Path (despite I didnt see blue or yellow yet). And it seems I got the same problem that Meuterion ; I killed some yellow Sand Dwellers and the entry isn't checked neither.
The mob you think is a Sand Dweller is actually the rare ancient walker, I had the same thing happen. But when I checked my list I found the ancient walker checked. I believe the Ancient Walker is a larger version of the Sand Dweller/Rock Giant model.....

As for ancient walker, I also found it in the Forgotten Ruins, its really rare (did 50+ runs trying to get rare Skeletal Sentry).

Same and Klonaprower, any other suggestions on rare skeletal sentry? Have done 80+ runs of ruins and sewers....
I guess you're right cause the Sand Dweller hadnt any minions with him. For Act II, I'm still missing :

- Fallen Cur (blue and yellow)
- Dust Imp (yellow)
- Sand Dweller (yellow)
- Reaper (yellow)
- Skeletal Sentry (yellow)
- Skeletal Raider (blue and yellow)

Did you try some runs in the Sewers of Caldeum to find Skeletal Sentry too ?
Confirmed, I just got fallen curr champion at the ancient path.

Still working on (normal difficulty):

Skeletal Sentry (50+ attempt in forgotten ruins, 100+ clears of sewers, am trying channels now)
Dust imp
Sand Dweller (5+ ancient walker rares so far)
Skeletal Raider (rare and champion)
06/04/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Meuterion
On a side note, i'm pretty sure i killed 2 rare Sand Dweller in the Desolate Sands, but the entry in the achievement isn't checked. Anyone having the same problem ?

I've confirmed, reconfirmed, rereconfirmed, rerereconfirmed that the creatures spawning in the Desolate Sands are Sand Dwellers, but when I kill a yellow one (I've killed them with different champs) it never checks off my "Sand Dweller" in the challenge "A Rare Phenomenom."

Does anyone have this checked, and if so, remember where/how they got it checked?
Edited by Kuross#1246 on 6/10/2012 3:22 PM PDT
06/10/2012 03:21 PMPosted by Kuross

I've confirmed, reconfirmed, rereconfirmed, rerereconfirmed that the creatures spawning in the Desolate Sands are Sand Dwellers, but when I kill a yellow one (I've killed them with different champs) it never checks off my "Sand Dweller" in the challenge "A Rare Phenomenom."

Does anyone have this checked, and if so, remember where/how they got it checked?

I have somewhat a similar problem with "Champion's Collection" where I can't for the love of god get the subjugator checked in that list although I fought about a dozen blue packs on different difficulties. I'm not sure wtf is up with that, probably just another random achievement bug that Blizzard will never fix (but thanks god we get all this nerfs and whatnot instead of having the already known problems fixed).

I have somewhat a similar problem with "Champion's Collection" where I can't for the love of god get the subjugator checked in that list although I fought about a dozen blue packs on different difficulties.

Same here, can't get it check. I won't farm rare and champion until those missing credit kill are fixed, especially since it could take 50-60 run just to spawn one missing in the list...

I have somewhat a similar problem with "Champion's Collection" where I can't for the love of god get the subjugator checked in that list although I fought about a dozen blue packs on different difficulties.

Same here, can't get it check. I won't farm rare and champion until those missing credit kill are fixed, especially since it could take 50-60 run just to spawn one missing in the list...

Don't hold your breath waiting for a fix though. At the rate Blizzard is working, achievements will probably be fixed a year from now, if at all.

I also tried with different characters (thought it will be the same as the lore books), but with no luck, it's just bugged, which is strange that some work and some don't. For instance I got the rare subjugator, but can't get the champion, maybe if I could find a unique subjugator it will work for champion as well (it's a long shot). In any case, nothing that we can do, as Blizzard doesn't seem to give a !@#$ after they cashed out.
Edited by ERROR#2501 on 6/11/2012 10:04 AM PDT
A Update to Quill Demon location if The Screvenger Den dosent spawn but instead the rare The Lost Mine lvl 1-2 i found a champion pack Quill Demon in lvl 1 and Rare Quill Demon with his Minions in lvl 2 in same Dungeon so you can farm Quill Demons both The Screvengers Den/The Lost Mine that is spawned
Confirmed that the rare Skull Sword and Skeletal Marauder spawn in Battlefield Stores, I cleared the Keep Depths a few times and never got the rares to spawn there.
Posting for easy lookup when I get back home.

Thanks.
Posting for easy lookup when I get back home.

Thanks.

That is a good idea. I should do that too. :)
Thanks Anderys. That was very thoughtful of you to take the time to compile this.
+1, great guide
doing on hardcore for the awesome sigil
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]