Diablo® III

Achievement Guide - A Rare Phenomenon

(Locked)

Seems time consuming. I might skip this one.
Am I the only one that seems not to get some of the monsters ticked off from the achievement list?

I just killed Subjugator champion twice and am still missing it in the achievement. The !@#$ ;/
Edited by Ziabster#2817 on 6/13/2012 9:17 PM PDT
06/13/2012 07:27 PMPosted by BioHaZarD
Seems time consuming. I might skip this one.

The more annoying part is that there's a separate achievement for getting these same kills in Hardcore, so if you farm it in SC and you're an achievement fiend, you have to do it all over again in red mode.
06/14/2012 12:34 AMPosted by Flenop
The more annoying part is that there's a separate achievement for getting these same kills in Hardcore, so if you farm it in SC and you're an achievement fiend, you have to do it all over again in red mode.

That isn't annoying 2bh. The annoying part is the fact that some monsters just don't get ticked off the achievement list. Now that is damn annoying.
06/14/2012 12:38 AMPosted by Ziabster
That isn't annoying 2bh. The annoying part is the fact that some monsters just don't get ticked off the achievement list. Now that is damn annoying.

I was kinda trying to point out that the two of them together will drive some people batty.
06/14/2012 05:25 PMPosted by Flenop
I was kinda trying to point out that the two of them together will drive some people batty.

True
Dust Imp wtf ?

Are you sure, do you actually have that ticked ? I'm asking since I started filling in the blakns a few days ago normally goes smoothly, 10-15 runs and I get the rare I wanted. I've done 50+ runs in the storm halls and unknown depths and nothing, I got the Charged Construct rare 3 times already, even a unique bat boss who i killed so fast by accidetn I didn't have time to check what it was and if it ticked and so far Dust Imps seem only to spawn from those little Arcane devices, and IF i get an imp rare its always a Dessicated Imp boss not Dust Imp. ; o
Edited by NitroExpreSs#2561 on 6/17/2012 12:29 PM PDT
05/26/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Anderys
So, I started doing this achievement a few days ago, and I compiled a list of every monster needed for it

OMG I just realized this means, you just made a list of where certain monster types spawn, and it possibly has nothing to do with the locations of the rares of those types spawning. Some you probably found and where able to confirm yes but otherwise its just sending ppl off on a wild goose chase jesus.
Thanks for the Guide, it is really usefull!

Btw, i need a little help...

I need Enraged Phantom for finish ACT1 part but I am near 50 resets in Festering Woods, but not luck yet. Even no champions of this mob.

I wait it is just bad luck.

Can all rares respawn in normal mode? Is true with dificulty infreased there is more chance respawn rares?
I have also killed sand dweller rare just now and It isn't ticked off on my achievements list too. Send tickets to blizzard
Have anyone been able to find a rare and/or champion Mallet Lord? I've done hundreds runs on multiple characters on different difficulties (except inferno) and never saw an elite of this mob. Do they spawn only on inferno or what?

Also, could someone confirm if some type of elites that were previously not working can now be checked in the achievement list after this patch?
Edited by ERROR#2501 on 6/20/2012 9:11 AM PDT
Let me rephrase that.....

Has anyone found a rare skeletal sentry? I have done over 100+ runs in sewers, over 50 runs in the forgotten ruins, 20+ runs in the eastern and western channels and have never seen any type of elite skeletal sentry.

I am still looking for the dust imp, sand dweller, and skeletal raider. Otherwise I think I have every other type mob covered.
Edited by Galar#1766 on 6/21/2012 6:59 PM PDT
Thanks for the guide!
So, I finally found an elite Fallen Hellhound. Right before the Siegebreaker fight. I still have yet to see an elite one anywhere before Ghom.

Edit: Shortly after posting this, I then found another one in Tower of the Damned 1.
Edited by Flenop#1301 on 6/20/2012 11:31 PM PDT
Let me rephrase that.....

Has anyone found a rare skeletal sentry? I have done over 100+ runs in sewers, over 50 runs in the forgotten ruins, 20+ runs in the eastern and western channels and have never seen any type of elite skeletal sentry.

I am still looking for the dust imp, sand dweller, and skeletal raider. Otherwise I think I have every other type mob covered.

I was doing a list of monster and there are many that anyone have already (i am doing the hardcore version for do both @ same time):

Dust Imp Rare
Sand Dweller Rare
Skeletal Sentry Rare
Skeletal Raider Rare
Mallet Lord Rare
Armaddon Rare

Skeletal Raider Champion
Skeletal Marauder Champion (still need confirmation)
Mallet Lord Champion
Subjugator Champion

And there are few from hardcore that doestn appear in softcore, but still need find more:
Savage Rockworm Champion
Savage Rockworm Rare
Rockworm Rare

I NEVER saw a yellow or blue worm, only Unique

If someone can see if have checked anyone of the list, will be good for everyone for not waste time :).

But when i found these bugs i really lost my "want to play"

Sorry for my bad English.

Edit: lists updated.
Edited by vegetamaker#2203 on 6/26/2012 12:08 PM PDT
Fallen Hellbound Rare
Skeletal Marauder Rare
Subjugator Rare (Only seen a friend checked it)

I haven't checked off any of the other ones you have listed, but I do have these checked off. Nowhere near where the first post lists them, except for the Subjugator. I haven't bothered farming for the Skeletal Marauder Champion yet, but I don't doubt it can spawn in the same place as the rare (Battlefield Stores).

I don't know how many Subjugator Champions I've killed now, but it won't check off, annoyingly.

And there are few from hardcore that doestn appear in softcore, but still need find more:
Savage Rockworm Rare
Rockworm Rare
Plague Swarm Champion

Plague Swarm is in the softcore achievement. I have it checked off. They're in one (or more) of the dungeons in The Battlefields or Arreat Gate, but I forget which. Haven't tried going past the Skeleton King yet in Hardcore to have any more checked off.
Edited by Flenop#1301 on 6/22/2012 3:46 PM PDT
Thanks Flenop! I will edit the list :)
Great post! Bookmarked.
I can confirm that rare Armored Destroyer are in garden of hope lvl1.
You should see a yellow circle on the groud, just walk over it and they will fall down.

I'm still looking for champ Armored Destroyer and plague swarm
I can confirm that rare Armored Destroyer are in garden of hope lvl1.
You should see a yellow circle on the groud, just walk over it and they will fall down.

I'm still looking for champ Armored Destroyer and plague swarm

Good. List updated.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]