Diablo® III

Achievement Guide - A Rare Phenomenon

(Locked)

I finally found champion Fallen Hellhounds, in the Tower of the Damned level 1. Assuming the rare will spawn here too eventually
Thanks.
I've been debating the Achievements. Should I start when I can't get them? (I'm thinking Hardcore)
Thanks.
I've been debating the Achievements. Should I start when I can't get them? (I'm thinking Hardcore)

That's is a good question and i guess yes. Is possibly monster that we cant check are simple isnt in game (in that case blizzard will remove in futre patch thoses conditions) or maybe monster simple will not spawn (and in that case blizzard will fix it too).

Anyway there are many mobs in others places where you cant find those even if they could spawn, so you can start clearing the rest.

I was frustating with those bug and Blizzard not annunced fixing them in 1.0.3, but it is 100% sure they will do.
Those champion Skeletal Marauders are hiding quite nicely right now.....
Having the same trouble as others with this dang dust imps. Do I have to let the arcane construct continually spit those imps out? Do you remember by any chance if the rare came out of the construct or popped up out of the ground? I am getting nothing but dissecated imps to spawn. Super guide though props to you.
Edited by BoKalTug#1789 on 6/30/2012 4:30 PM PDT
Dust Imp wtf ?

Are you sure, do you actually have that ticked ? I'm asking since I started filling in the blakns a few days ago normally goes smoothly, 10-15 runs and I get the rare I wanted. I've done 50+ runs in the storm halls and unknown depths and nothing, I got the Charged Construct rare 3 times already, even a unique bat boss who i killed so fast by accidetn I didn't have time to check what it was and if it ticked and so far Dust Imps seem only to spawn from those little Arcane devices, and IF i get an imp rare its always a Dessicated Imp boss not Dust Imp. ; o

Just wondering if you ever found that dust imp as I am in the same boat.
Can you guys confirm the champion/rare spawning bugs as stated by Seraph in this thread:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4848675470

Would seem to indicate these achievements are bugged due to the fact that certain rare/champion baddies (such as Skeletal Raider, Skeletal Marauder, Mallet Lord) will never spawn and Subjugator won't track once killed.

That being said I do have a rare Skeletal Marauder tracked on my list. May be only the Champions are bugged.
Edited by UberTag#1577 on 7/2/2012 6:24 AM PDT
I can't count how many times I've killed the blue disentombed hulk packs in the first 2 floors of the halls of agony but it never checks it off my list. What can I do about it? Am I just screwed?
Can you guys confirm the champion/rare spawning bugs as stated by Seraph in this thread:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4848675470

Would seem to indicate these achievements are bugged due to the fact that certain rare/champion baddies (such as Skeletal Raider, Skeletal Marauder, Mallet Lord) will never spawn and Subjugator won't track once killed.

That being said I do have a rare Skeletal Marauder tracked on my list. May be only the Champions are bugged.

I can confirm that some of the rares and champions never spawn (I've done hundreds of runs to find some of them and just never seen them as elites). Subjugator champion is bugged, I haven't seen anyone with that one checked (also defeated dozens of them). Skeletal Marauder can spawn as rare, haven't found a champion version (might not spawn). Mallet Lord never spawns as elite, except the 2 unique ones in hell rift. Also seen some rares of mobs that are only on the champion list and vice versa.
Okay. I'd like to get confirmation if the following elites can spawn and also the possible spawning area.

Rare (yellow):
-Dust Imp (normal in the dungeons inside Archives of Zoltun Kulle)
-Sand Dweller (normal in Desolate Sands)
-Skeletal Sentry (normal in Forgotten Ruins)
-Skeletal Raider (normal in the dungeons inside Archives of Zoltun Kulle)
-Mallet Lord (normal in Silver Spires)
-Subjugator (normal almost everywhere in Act IV)
-Armaddon (normal almost everywhere in Act IV)

Champion (blue):
-Armored Destroyer (normal almost everywhere in Act IV)
-Skeletal Marauder (normal in Battlefield Stores)
-Plague Swarm
(I've killed like dozens of champion Subjugators and its not showing in the achievement)

So where to find them as rares and/or champions!?!

Thanks in advance!
Edited by Tsingis#2772 on 7/6/2012 1:43 PM PDT
Nicely done.
Rare (yellow):
-Dust Imp (normal in the dungeons inside Archives of Zoltun Kulle)
-Sand Dweller (normal in Desolate Sands)
-Skeletal Sentry (normal in Forgotten Ruins)
-Armaddon (normal almost everywhere in Act IV)

Subjugator rare can be found and checked. The remaining are hopeless, I think.

Where can I find Rockworm and Savage Rockworm rare, too?

Champion (blue):
-Armored Destroyer (normal almost everywhere in Act IV)
-Skeletal Marauder (normal in Battlefield Stores)
-Plague Swarm
(I've killed like dozens of champion Subjugators and its not showing in the achievement)

There is a rumor that Plague Swarm champion can be spawned in Fortified Bunker. Did anyone find it? The remaining are hopeless, I think.

Where can I find Savage Rockworm champion, too?
Edited by Yakjangsu#3204 on 7/6/2012 5:30 PM PDT

Where can I find Savage Rockworm champion, too?

Guess Rockworm and Savage Rockworm not spawn.

I am having problems with two from ACT2 (and I have those checked in softcore).

* Rare Betrayed (already +50 simple resets after check Runied Cistern and +20 full act2 runs while i was farming all the rest).

* Champion Deathly Haunt (+35 full Stining Wings clears and only saw it in Necromancer's events like normal ones).
Edited by vegetamaker#2203 on 7/7/2012 11:12 AM PDT
I just found the rare betrayed. It spawns in the Tomb of Kahn Dakab or h/ever it's spelled and I only had to reset once. So it's a rare spawn inside of a rare event, best of luck!

Deathly Haunts spawn inside the mysterious cave ( Where the liquid rainbow spawns ).

Looks like you'll be spending some time in the Dalghur Oasis
Edited by Indoor#1963 on 7/7/2012 12:17 PM PDT
I just found the rare betrayed. It spawns in the Tomb of Kahn Dakab or h/ever it's spelled and I only had to reset once. So it's a rare spawn inside of a rare event, best of luck!

Deathly Haunts spawn inside the mysterious cave ( Where the liquid rainbow spawns ).

Looks like you'll be spending some time in the Dalghur Oasis

I have a new HERO! Thanks so much!
Nice work! Helped me a lot finding some of the champions and rares which can only spawn in certain caves...

I'm still looking for 2 kinds and I'm beginning to wonder if I'm looking at the right spots:

Fallen Cur, Champion + Rare: Yes, I know they can be seen at the Oasis and the Ancient Path, but do they really spawn as champion or rare there? Have checked those areas many times and haven't found either of those. (In the Storm Halls, I only get Fallen Mutts btw, but no Fallen Curs.)

Chilling construct (only for the champion achievement): Does anyone know where those spawn? I've seen them in the archives, but only the normal ones, and then there is the ancient cave lvl 1+2 (in the oasis) where tons of them spawn, but so far never a champion (or rare, for that matter). Does anybody here know where to find those?

Thanks a lot for your help!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]