Diablo® III

Achievement Guide - A Rare Phenomenon

(Locked)

Nice work! Helped me a lot finding some of the champions and rares which can only spawn in certain caves...

I'm still looking for 2 kinds and I'm beginning to wonder if I'm looking at the right spots:

Fallen Cur, Champion + Rare: Yes, I know they can be seen at the Oasis and the Ancient Path, but do they really spawn as champion or rare there? Have checked those areas many times and haven't found either of those. (In the Storm Halls, I only get Fallen Mutts btw, but no Fallen Curs.)

Chilling construct (only for the champion achievement): Does anyone know where those spawn? I've seen them in the archives, but only the normal ones, and then there is the ancient cave lvl 1+2 (in the oasis) where tons of them spawn, but so far never a champion (or rare, for that matter). Does anybody here know where to find those?

Thanks a lot for your help!

I saw a picture on the forums yesterday of Fallen Cur champions in the ancient path. So yeah, I confirm the champion ones can spawn there.

One thing though, I was hunting for rares yesterday, and I found the rare Betrayed in the tomb of Khan Dakab. It checked normally on my list, but I just logged in today and the Betrayed rare is now unchecked. I'm gonna stop working on this for a while, as some stuff about this achievement seems still bugged.
Any news yet about the champion (blue, 3 pack) Plague swarm and Skeletal marauder spawn points and in which difficulty?

Thinking of escalating it as a bug to Support.
07/09/2012 03:42 AMPosted by SawIsLaw
Chilling construct (only for the champion achievement): Does anyone know where those spawn?

I can confirm they spawn as champions in The Unknown Depths, I just killed some and had them check today.
Tomb of Sadar (dalghur oasis random after pulling lever) also has rare Betrayed
After all the searching(DIII) and searching(Internet). I think these are bugged.

Rare (yellow):
-Dust Imp (softcore, hardcore)
-Sand Dweller (softcore)
-Skeletal Sentry (softcore, hardcore)
-Skeletal Raider (softcore, hardcore)
-Mallet Lord (softcore, hardcore)
-Armaddon (softcore, hardcore)
-Savage Rockworm (hardcore)
-Rockworm (hardcore)

Champion (blue):
-Armored Destroyer (softcore, hardcore)
-Skeletal Marauder (softcore, hardcore)
-Mallet Lord (softcore, hardcore)
-Subjugator (softcore, hardcore)
-Savage Rockworm (hardcore)

But I think there are at least two that were spawnd but not spawning now.

- Plague Swarm Champion (from Fortified Bunker)
- Enraged Phantom Rare (from Festering Woods)

Is there anybody seen them recently? say, after 1.03a?
Bookmarked.

Thanks a bunch. I hate googling individual mobs.
I've personally tried to find the enraged phantom (rare) for quite a while, and I never found it. I found Fecklar (Haunted achievement) about 10 times when it's supposed to be a rare spawn. So either I'm the unluckiest person alive, or it's not spawning anymore (I have it checked for the normal achievement, not the hardcore one which I'm working on).

Found it!!!!!

Enraged Phantom Rare in Decaying Crypt (random dungeon in Fields of Misery)
Edited by Yakjangsu#3204 on 7/15/2012 1:16 AM PDT
I would agree at least about the following:

Rare (yellow):
-Dust Imp (softcore, hardcore)
-Sand Dweller (softcore)
-Skeletal Sentry (softcore, hardcore)

Champion (blue):
-Skeletal Marauder (softcore, hardcore)

I've been farming quite a lot of Desolate Sands / Storm Halls / etc on inferno and haven't found any rare Dust Imps / Sand Dwellers / Skeletal Raiders...

In fact, I only remember seeing Dust Imps spawn from those circle-arcane-device things, and I'm sure those can't spawn rare foes.

I haven't tried looking for elites in act IV yet so I can't say anything about those...

Also, I can't seem to find Champion (blue) Skull Cleavers either. Just champion Swift Skull Cleavers, but maybe it's just my luck...

Has anyone reported elite issues to Blizzard? It would be nice to hear from them if these enemies are indeed bugged or we're just having horrible luck with the spawns.
07/15/2012 02:09 AMPosted by evilVasile
I can't seem to find Champion (blue) Skull Cleavers either.

You will find

Champ Skull Cleaver
Rare Skull Cleaver
Rare Skeletal Marauder

In the Battlefield Stores lvl 1 & 2 (random dungeon in the battlefields)

Im still yet to find chamption skeletal marauder tho
+ intersting information +

Rare Colossal Golgor can't be checked from The Core of Arreat.

It can be found in there but no checking just like Champ Subjugator.

Of course it can be checked : from Stonefort.
Edited by Yakjangsu#3204 on 7/15/2012 10:41 AM PDT
I confirm that you can't find a rare Colossal Golgor in the Arreat Crater area. I also confirm that you can find it in Stonefort, I just found it and got it checked.

Found it!!!!!

Enraged Phantom Rare in Decaying Crypt (random dungeon in Fields of Misery)

Just found the rare enraged phantom too, after spending hours at Festering Woods. Lucked out and found both the crypt and the creep on first try.
I finally found champion Fallen Hellhounds, in the Tower of the Damned level 1. Assuming the rare will spawn here too eventually

Confirmed, finally found rare fallen hellhound in Tower of the damned level 1
Tagging for reference
I'm a firm believer that:
Dust Imps ( Rare )
Sand Dweller ( Rare )
Skeletal Sentry ( Rare / Champion )
Skeletal Raider ( Rare / Champion )
Armaddon ( Rare )
Mallet Lord ( Rare / Champion )
Subjugator ( Champion )

Are all bugged and will not spawn. If they do spawn, they will not count towards the achievement.

For some reason, I also cannot find the smoldering construct rare, or the reaper rare. I know these two aren't bugged because nobody else has a problem finding it, but my luck just sucks I guess.
I'm a firm believer that:
Dust Imps ( Rare )
Sand Dweller ( Rare )
Skeletal Sentry ( Rare / Champion )
Skeletal Raider ( Rare / Champion )
Armaddon ( Rare )
Mallet Lord ( Rare / Champion )
Subjugator ( Champion )

Agree with all of these. Maybe + Plague Swarm (Champion) can´t find them.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]