Diablo® III

Achievement Guide - A Rare Phenomenon

(Locked)

Guys, you know how difficult is this achievement, so i think we could help each other with that.
If someone finds any mob that other one needs, he could invite him. What do you think?

I need 7 rares and 6 champions:

ACT 2
Fallen Cur - Champion (Ancient Path)
Dust Imp - Rare (Storm Halls, Unknown Depths)
Sand Dweller - Rare (Desolate Sands)
Skeletal Sentry - Rare (Sewers of Caldeum, Forgotten Ruins)
Skeletal Raider - Rare/Champion (Storm Halls, Unknown Depths, Assassin Chamber)

ACT 3
Skeletal Marauder - Champion (Battlefield Stores)

ACT 4
Mallet Lord - Rare/Champion (Silver Spire level 1 and 2)
Subjugator - Rare/Champion (Gardens of Hope level 1 and 2, Silver Spire level 1, Hell Rift)
Armaddom - Rare (Gardens of Hope level 1 and 2, Silver Spire level 1)
Armored Destroyer - Champion (Silver Spire level 1 and 2)

Subjugators and Sand Dwellers spawn, but don't tick!
The others haven't spawned yet for me.
Edited by Nephrost#1428 on 7/30/2012 9:15 PM PDT
I also find it is not checked when I killed Sand Dweller elite.
-
Edited by Gieniacha#2558 on 7/28/2012 11:49 PM PDT
I can verify that both champion and rare Fallen Cur spawn on the Ancient Path. It took me probably 200 runs on the AP to get the rare to spawn.

The best tactic I found was to get the checkpoint at the top of the stairs, run down the stairs, take the WP to town, leave the game, re-enter, rinse and repeat.
I can verify that both champion and rare Fallen Cur spawn on the Ancient Path. It took me probably 200 runs on the AP to get the rare to spawn.

The best tactic I found was to get the checkpoint at the top of the stairs, run down the stairs, take the WP to town, leave the game, re-enter, rinse and repeat.

^ This....Fallen Cur took FOREVER!
OK, I can verify that plagued swarm spawns in Crydar's Outpost. In about 5 runs on it I found normals on every run and rares on two of the runs. I couldn't get the champs to spawn, but it's checked on my list and I'm guessing that that's where I found it. Sorry I couldn't verify for sure, but I have limited time to play, and like I said, I already have it. :)
But I think there are at least two that were spawnd but not spawning now.

- Plague Swarm Champion (from Fortified Bunker)
- Enraged Phantom Rare (from Festering Woods)

Is there anybody seen them recently? say, after 1.03a?

Found it!!!!!

Enraged Phantom Rare in Decaying Crypt (random dungeon in Fields of Misery)

YES! My new hero...

Also, any recent confirmation on champion plague swarms?
posting to find back
v.cool.

Free Bump!
wow, i completed this achievement on the 2nd week of playing D3 after release without even realizing it was so annoying to archive if you actually wanted to do it
Edited by AllGamer#1869 on 7/30/2012 3:10 PM PDT
i think the patches bugged some mobs
What do achievements effect and what is their purpose in this game?
Still looking for a champion plague swarm. Anyone have news ? I am really bored of looking for him in Bunker.

Edit: Lel, already found a rare pack in Cryder's outpost. For few time i will only farm it in Cryder's outpost because is really faster.

Edit2: Well. 10 runs to Cryder's outpost, but there only spawns rare packs, any Champion.
Edited by vegetamaker#2203 on 8/4/2012 5:53 AM PDT
I can't get a champion pack (the blue packs without minions) of subjugators to tick :/ Any ideas or do I just need to wait for a patch/fix?
how did you get the dust imp spawn??? tried since last week and still haven't seen any rare ones…T-T
08/19/2012 06:10 AMPosted by cczzcx
how did you get the dust imp spawn??? tried since last week and still haven't seen any rare ones…T-T

Dust Imp rare and Champion is already bugged (since diablo release really).

Here you have a list with all rare and champions packs bugged already and needed for achievement:

Dust Imp rare
Sand Dweller (only in softcore achievement)
Skeletal Sentry rare
Skeletal Raider rare and Champion
Mallet Lord rare
Armaddon rare
Savage Rockworm Rare and Champion
Rockworm Rare

And still need a confirmation for Plague Swarm Champion. I have it checked off in Softcore, but not in hardcore.

There is a little bug too for Subjugator one. Look like it only will be checked time to time (ie few days ago i found it with a friend but it was good for my friend but not for me).
Edited by vegetamaker#2203 on 8/19/2012 2:33 PM PDT
Thanks OP! This took you some time and great effort. =D

Do you document things for a living? Maybe you should consider it!
Some of them are still bugged. Some don't spawn while others don't get checked off when they die. Blizzard might get around to fixing it in a year or two.
Wow. Thank you, impressive work!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]