Diablo® III

Security questions

I was in a rush while making my account and didnt make proper security questions. I looked on the account management page and cant find how to change my questions/answers. Any help is appreciated
Reply Quote
Same. How do we edit the answers?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
same here. I have been looking everywhere and I canon find were to change these. I also have the problem that I am unable to transfer a toon to my sons account because of this.
Reply Quote
My husband created my account to get me started and entered the wrong answer to a personal question, I know shame on him....:) but I would like to change it though. Any help?
Reply Quote
I was wanting to change a couple of mine as well but cannot find it. Has anyone found where these are yet?
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
The only way to address this is by calling Billing and Account Support http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/contact

Please be aware that they consider this to be critical information for proving the rightful account holder so do not allow changes easily. In the past it has only been done in case of extreme compromise and will require proof that you are the rightful account holder such as a copy of a government issued ID.

Anyway - call them and see what they can do! Use Skype or a land line to call to avoid disconnects and lost cell minutes. Spam dial until you get in queue and then stay there! Be prepared for a long wait on hold...over an hour in some cases. That line services Account issues and Tech Support so is quite busy.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Well.. as Blizzard has now been hacked and advises us to all change our security questions.. I sure hope they make it easier to do this.

http://www.zdnet.com/blizzard-hacked-warns-users-to-change-passwords-7000002425/
Reply Quote
^^ what he said
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
yes..I cant find a way to change the security questions..this is a problem since Blizzard was just hacked
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
From the World of Warcraft forum:

I just changed my password after reading this. Now how do I change my secret question/answer?

You can't yet. There was no system in place to do this previously (It was not allowed at all, except in the most extreme cases, and even that required calling Account Administration.)
They are building in a way, but it is not currently available.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
One thing you can do, if you are just worried about the security compromise. You can change your email address. Set up a gmail or hotmail account just for World of Warcraft until Blizzard gets this sorted out. If the hackers don't have the current email address, the security questions won't help them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
08/10/2012 06:25 AMPosted by Galarind
One thing you can do, if you are just worried about the security compromise. You can change your email address. Set up a gmail or hotmail account just for World of Warcraft until Blizzard gets this sorted out. If the hackers don't have the current email address, the security questions won't help them.

This is a great point; security questions and even your password will be absolutely worthless without the correct e-mail address. I just changed both my password and e-mail address, and have my new gmail address forwarding to my old one so I don't have to check two accounts regularly.
Reply Quote
94 Dwarf Paladin
So they're suggesting that we change our email addresses, but we can't do that if we don't have the answer to our secret question. But some of us don't remember the answer.... Catch 22?
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Tanyth changing your email address is a fairly easy fix and something that Blizzard has a system in place for...thankfully! You can call Billing and Account Support to get assistance with changing the Email. As long as you know your personal info and can prove your identity they will help you! Having CD keys handy helps if you have them. http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/contact

You can use Skype or a land line to call - it reduces wasted cell minutes and the chances of disconnects. Cell phones hate being on hold. Spam dial until you get in queue and then stay there. Wait times are long on hold, but they can help you change your email address. They open at 7amPDT/10am EDT 7 days a week.
Edited by MissCheetah#1661 on 8/12/2012 5:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
poop
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]