Diablo® III

Please fix getting hit after vaulting

I'm pretty sure anyone who's actually tried to use vault as a kiting/getaway ability will have experienced vaulting away from a melee minion as they start their attack, and then magically getting hit when you're 10 feet BEHIND them and their attack actually finishes. The hitbox either doesn't move properly, or once something starts a melee attack it's guaranteed to hit you no matter how far you move, but regardless of what's weird with it, you can easily get hit by things targeting the beginning of your vault when you're 75% of the way through it.

Fix this alone (perhaps just make you invulnerable for the .2 seconds you're tumbling around, or at least make sure you don't get hit by stuff that's targeting way far behind you) and it will actually be a useful skill to take. As is, unless you vault far before anything gets close to you, you'll never actually escape with the escape ability, making smokescreen infinitely better even after its nerf.
Edited by Nutnoze#1561 on 5/26/2012 11:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Once the animation starts (and it's a single target attack, not an AoE/cone) the hit has been calculated. It's up to dodge or reactionary abilities to nullify the hit when it 'registers'.
Reply Quote
I can't tell you how many times I have vaulted before getting hit and ended my vault as a tombstone.
Reply Quote
It happened to me all the time. After starting the vault, you get hit and then the damage hits after the vault is completed. As is, vault isn't refined enough to use in inferno.
Reply Quote
Diablo would shoot those huge fireballs at me, I vault out of the way, and the circle where they explode is where I vaulted to. Lame.
Reply Quote
I agree. It sux when your ability to get away from something just registers you as being hit anyway..sad face :(
Reply Quote
05/27/2012 12:51 AMPosted by Hiclic
Once the animation starts (and it's a single target attack, not an AoE/cone) the hit has been calculated. It's up to dodge or reactionary abilities to nullify the hit when it 'registers'.

Yeah, this seems to be exactly the case. I personally argue that vault should clear any incoming hits like this when used so it can actually be reactionary like smokescreen.
Edited by Nutnoze#1561 on 5/27/2012 2:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Priest
This is one reason why I don't like vault. The other is the half second delay between pushing the button and actually vaulting. There are lots of solutions but the one they will probably go with is nerfing SS some more to make vault more attractive by comparison. That's called good design right?
Reply Quote
yeah happen to me all the time, IMPOSSIBRU
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]