Diablo® III

IZUAL not dropping plans for Herding Staff.

6 runs got 5 a while ago. wish I could give them away. jsut tossed on the ground
Reply Quote
ive killed Azual in normal mode at least 40 times and it has never dropped. Im getting ready to give up, im really getting disgusted.
Reply Quote
I always seem to get the plans from him, probably like half the times ive killed him ive gotten them so im srprised you guys seem so unlucky
Reply Quote
Please drop!!!
Reply Quote
Posting for luck!
Reply Quote
Come on lucky post
Reply Quote
getting no plans here in hc... so mad
Reply Quote
I ran normal like 30-40 times (32 times last go and a few times just casually). Swapped to nightmare and Bang first go got plans.

If you havent tried it, give nightmare a shot. Saw that it worked for a bunch of people and then it worked for me. Enjoying Ponies now but just trying to figure if Hell staff is worth it ...
Reply Quote
Need some luck!
Reply Quote
Posting for luck!!!!
Reply Quote
So... I've been beating my head against a wall... I've killed Izual probably about 50 times now and haven't got the drop... (wait for it) so, clearly being frustrated, I went to yell at the blacksmith for not knowing how to make it already, and apparently he does... I found Staff of Herding in his list... I must have got the drop on a playthrough months ago and forgot about it T-T I wasted SO much time...
Reply Quote
I am SO sick of listening to Izzy's BS. Posting here for luck (cause this really sucks)!
I think I've gained three levels just farming this STUPID QUEST!!!!
Reply Quote
Well I got it after about a dozen more tries.
I don't know about luck but I do know I have given Blizzard my last dollar.
I am so turned off I am probably not playing any more after doing the Whimsey just because I put so much effort into it already.
And it's not just because I wasted over a week on this. It's because when I click on a monster instead of attacking my character runs around to the other side taking hits all the while (and a lot of other issues that just are frustrating as hell). This game was unfinished. We got suckered.
Reply Quote
3 Draenei Monk
LUCK BRING ME THE $%#^&$# PLANS
Reply Quote
Well you can buy the plans from the Act 3 vendor when in Act 4 with one of the later quests selected (forget which) and it appears for purchase. The Inferno version was 1 million. I didn't bother getting all the other staffs beyond Nightmare until I was in Inferno quite some time. For one I hadn't had the items drop to make the original staff. Once I found them from pure chance and farming, never trying to get them, I made the staff, earned more cash, and bought the plans for Hell and Inferno.

It's not worth spending all that time on it really. But it is really fun once you access it, it's hilarious. But as a warning, even on MP0 in Inferno (no monster power) the elites could kick my butt until I did over 50k DPS buffed.

For those who don't remember one item drops in a dungeon on the Oasis in Act 2 that occasionally spawns at the bottom of the map, you open a chest and it looks like a Legendary drop. Another I believe is in the frozen underground level (the only one) in Act 3. The mushrooms are found easily in Act 1 (cathedral areas). The rest I think you can buy from vendors like Wert's bell, etc. Oh and one more, the foot to Leoric is in the fireplace in Leoric's Maynor (well after you kill Leoric near the end of the act) and I've found it twice.

The way I see it, it's just a nice place to go to get 5 stacks fast if you want to do the story quests for fun but want good drops (but you need great gear to not die constantly with MP1).
Reply Quote
Another interesting thing. I found the Staff recipe with my new barbarian on the first try. I couldn't drop it, sell it. I had to create another character to get rid of it by deleting the character. Wow, I've seen this bug reported before and Blizzard still has done nothing about it.

So it might be possible it requires a certain level for the Blacksmith to drop like others have indicated, why some of you aren't getting the drop, but really I have no idea.
Reply Quote
plans please!!!!!
Reply Quote
Lucky post! Come on baby, daddy needs a new set of plans!
Reply Quote
This is ridiculous. Nothing for about 40 runs. Posted here. Second try hahaha
Reply Quote
post for luck, sleep for the ability to stay awake tomorrow, pray to every god i know of by name, post AGAIN for double luck, and then off i go to kill izzy
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]