Diablo® III

Farming gold items

85 Goblin Hunter
I'm right at the end of Act I and so far, the only gold items that have dropped have been from bosses. I went back and re-fought a boss to see if she would drop anymore gold items, but only two blue items dropped.

I know gold items can be crafted with the right recipes, but can they not be farmed form bosses after the initial fight? Or are the odds just significantly decreased? It would be disappointing if they just stop dropping entirely after the initial boss fight(s), since the original drops weren't specific to my class and only 1 of 4 is actually useful to me.
Reply Quote
you know... now that you mention it...
I re-ran a few bosses in act 1 also and only came up with blues...
hrmmmmmmmmm
But I did get 3 golds in about 5 minutes on trash
it was weird
3 shields back to back to back
mind you i was killing trash in an area i've never been before
Edited by Decorus#1597 on 5/15/2012 7:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Bosses always drop rares the first time you beat 'em. Less of a chance after that.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Yeah, my buddy just mentioned he got a gold item from a rare mob as well, so they're not boss-only drops (which was my concern) I've just been unlucky!

But if the answer to my problem is: play more Diablo III and kill more baddies, then I can't complain!
Reply Quote
I pulled a rare (gold/yellow) from an armor rack in the beta. Check everything!
Reply Quote
In Diablo its not about killing bosses constantly its about exploring.

Everything has the chance to drop even a legendary (i've had one of a common minion kill)

Just enjoy the game and it will come naturally.
Reply Quote
grey did you skipped chapters..cause i am like you i skipped chapter 5 and now my rare items drop are only from bosses and are pretty low in lvl..and mobs does not even drop them when i am already at act 2 chapter 7
Reply Quote
SOme guys in my game were playing it for the first time. Dropped all their rares on the floor.
Ended up with 5 in one run of skelly
Reply Quote
17 Gnome Mage
05/15/2012 08:12 PMPosted by Diablo
Mephisto and Pindleskin would like to have a word with you.
Reply Quote
by the end of act 3 you get rare items all over the place
Reply Quote
I've gotten a yellow or two off of trash. Just hit act 3 before I logged off. Been leveling my blacksmith as well, and I can craft several yellow items. Don't focus on bosses if your aim is to collect good items.

Craft them and go for champion packs. Hit the bosses as you can. But really, just level up. They all get replaced.
Edited by Hayes#1125 on 5/15/2012 8:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
First time you kill a boss you will get the " best " stuff. Anytime after that it becomes another game of chance just like everything else, except of course your chances are higher.

Seems like Bosses are meant to give the good stuff, be it at random. Whereas everything else is run off a pure randomness algorithm.

I've gotten a unique bow inside a treasure chest. Some rares on regular champion spawn and more off bosses. Seems to be rather random and all over the place for me. Sometimes a boss just drops blues.
Reply Quote
i love finding stuff thats the addiction hook that D1 and D2 had on me. so pleased to see MF gear is still around :)
Reply Quote
I might be wrong.. I think I remember back somewhere, someone said that I think the dev's will do a few things to try and encourage people to go thru the entire acts.. So help keep people from skipping entire contents.. So if you skip alot of bosses, maybe your magic find goes down 50% or something.. That would be awesome :)
Reply Quote
I pulled the Nagelring out of a pile of skulls on my first trip through the Royal Crypts. After finishing Act IV Normal, it's still the only legendary I've seen. Moral of the story: don't rely solely on bosses for loot.
Reply Quote
I got a yellow dagger from flipping a corpse.
Reply Quote
Bosses actually aren't where the best items from from.

Champion and Rare random monsters are. Bosses your first kill drop Rare items, after lower chance. Also remember to add more MF (Magic Find) gear to increase it.
Reply Quote
got one gold item so far. Yay for getting an item that's for wizard when I'm a Witch Doctor :D
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Mage
05/15/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Flute
Mephisto and Pindleskin would like to have a word with you.

Hahahahahah
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]