Diablo® III

Farming gold items

85 Draenei Warrior
Ive found 3 rare items from random monsters. My first rare I found last night was from a barrel.
Reply Quote
In Inferno or at lvl 60 they will have that buff that will make the bosses drop better loot
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Does boosting MF increase chances of finding yellows as well?
Reply Quote
I got a drop items for a single mobs tonight... so it's not just bosses!
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 07:55 PMPosted by Chito
Bosses always drop rares the first time you beat 'em. Less of a chance after that.

This isn't true. I've killed 2 bosses and I did not get any gold items, only blues
Reply Quote
I got a rare off of a dead body i turned over.....they are everywhere. Just explore every thing, you will find the good stuff. =)
Reply Quote
can we understand that there is yellow items and then there is gold items
Reply Quote
Got unique from a normal mob, so don't give up!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
the blue randome drops in act 2 start smokeing the act 1 rares pretty fast
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Does boosting MF increase chances of finding yellows as well?
Reply Quote
int this game, you can get the best item in the game from a pot, extremely low chances but the item generator is random with vary few variables.
Reply Quote
This was the case in Beta:

1) the first time you fight a boss, they ALWAYS drop a yellow item
2) Yellow items, outside of the first boss fight, are just as likely to drop from a mini-boss as a boss
3) Yellow items can drop from chests (but only resplendent chests I think)
4) Magic Find obviously increases the chance of yellows, but your MF in a party is reduced (or increased) to the party average when playing w/ others
5) Because of the Auction House and Crafting, Gold-Find is usually more profitable since it's not reduced to party average, always consistent no matter what you're fighting, and more likely to end with what specifically you're looking for (since u craft/buy it)

... yeah ... this ain't the same ol' Diablo kids.
Reply Quote
this was changed to prevent the game from devolving to mephisto runs
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 08:34 PMPosted by SMOKEY
Gold or Yellow? Theres a difference...

This.. damned WoW kids don't know wtf they are doing on this game..
Edited by Dragula#1395 on 5/15/2012 9:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Chance to find magic item+++++ gear necessary probably if history tells us anything. D2 you used to have a +magic item find gear just for farming.
Reply Quote
so is it best to destroy the blues/yellows u don't use for materials? or is it better to just sell them to a vendor?
Edited by K4ir0s#1339 on 5/15/2012 9:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I got some gold item from golden monsters, not the Boss.
Reply Quote
Got one from an altar. It pays to explore. I've found about five yellows and have not finished Act I (not even close to finishing it yet).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]