Diablo® III

Farming gold items

05/15/2012 08:42 PMPosted by Kythyr
Does boosting MF increase chances of finding yellows as well?

Again.. WoW kids go read the damn game guide, you obviously don't know anything about Diablo past games. YES it does, its boosts chance for blue (magic), yellow (rare), gold (legendary) items to drop.
Reply Quote
got a kick as rare ring from a barrel once from beta.

Since then I never leave single a barrel behind.

Destroy em all!!!
Reply Quote
Good old Mephisto runs and mule characters! But now we have better days ahead of us boys! To randomness!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Magefist dropped for us
Reply Quote
In Act 1 alone I got roughly 10 yellows with +50% MF. I just started Act 2 so hopefully I get even more.
Reply Quote
I have 45% mf and I find a rare item roughly every 2 minutes. Get your mf up and you might get some good probabilities
Reply Quote
The loot generators haves a % chance to drop magical effects. Its not always going to be the same drops.

The higher the magical effect, the rarer the item. This applies to common items. Magical effects can be stacked. Any mob or destructible can drop them, but stronger or rarer mobs have a greater chance of dropping them (IE Bosses), also your items that give a % chance to find magical items also manipulates it.

There is also a % of dropping a unique-rare item, and set items. These also have a generator to determine their highs and lows of magical effects. These rares are of greater chance to drop than the common-rares.
Reply Quote
Legendaries ( Uniques) aren't even gold anymore, they're closer to orange, quit griping about semantics.

Also I don't know if it was because of the event only, but after helping the miner merchant in the lost mine he had a rare, so be sure to check the vendors as well.
Reply Quote
88 Gnome Priest
05/15/2012 07:55 PMPosted by Chito
Bosses always drop rares the first time you beat 'em. Less of a chance after that.

Skelly king didnt drop any yellows on my kill. Spider lady dropped two though.
Reply Quote
So your saying I won't be doing endless Mephisto runs in this game. I do not like this.
Reply Quote
My prize from Act 2 first boss in hardcore:

Legendary chest piece: Aquila Cuirass =)

http://i.imgur.com/5xxWh.jpg

We always get 1-2 yellows and then when I got the legendary we all got 2 yellows and I got a legendary ontop of the 2 yellows I got.
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Flute
Mephisto and Pindleskin would like to have a word with you.

I think he means D3. In d2 it was strictly running the same bosses over again (even though I got a tals armor off a carver in a1 hell)...Diablo 3 is suposed to be more natural and not rigid, where you have to grind the same bosses.
Reply Quote
i got a yellow fist thing for monk by smashing a barrel, saveing it for when RMAH goes live
Reply Quote
I finished A I 30 mins before the shut down, not a single "Gold Item" I assume you mean Legendary.

Ill re run A I final boss and see whats up. you wearing MF?
Reply Quote
SO far - Have done normal SK on Barbarian (no rares), Wizard (1 DH rare)
and the Spider Queen on Barb - 1 rare (ring)

I was under the belief that the initial kill of any boss by any class would reward at least 1 rare pertaning to that classes stats? (and possibility of another random rare or blues)

If that's the case, where is the Rare my Barbie should have gotten from SK kill?

I've not found any other rares on any other character yet (have a witch doctor halfway to SK).

Is it supposed to be at least 1 rare / boss guarantee? or just a high chance (but no guarantee)

Ty
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I dunno, I've been getting 1-3 gold items per boss fight plus several random ones alone the way. :/
Reply Quote
I'm close to the end of act 2 and I've found about 15 rares so far, without deliberately stacking MF. They don't seem to vendor for any more than normal magic items so I just salvage them if I can't use them or give them to friends
Reply Quote
Had a monk in my group that hit a barrel and a nagelring dropped for him.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]