Diablo® III

delayed release, open stress test=not enough

05/15/2012 09:56 PMPosted by Soya
So you are saying it's just impossible for current technology. No way how much money or effort goes in.

Its very possible, many games have done it just fine. Blizzard is just being cheap.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
This company produces, and hosts games. They run game servers. They have run the most successful pc game ever made for years with near faultless uptime with Wow. I guess we should call them Pro.

What gets me with this release, is that they know the demand. They know how many pre-sales they had. They know how many peeps will be trying to play on day 1. Seems to me that they have somewhat underestimated that demand by a large amount. "Bringing more servers online" one hour after release?? Seriously? It would also appear that not enough stress testing was done or a large enough beta.

Go figure. Most games are borked at release. In fact you could almost guarantee that something would go wrong with D3 but you gotta admit this is frustrating as all hell.

Coming on here ranting and raving makes peeps look like *!*@s though. Nerd rage is hilarious.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
basically yeah, Company with more money than blizzard have tried and failed.

You can try and make it a smooth as possible but there will always be bumps along the way.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
IU
This company produces, and hosts games. They run game servers. They have run the most successful pc game ever made for years with near faultless uptime with Wow. I guess we should call them Pro.

What gets me with this release, is that they know the demand. They know how many pre-sales they had. They know how many peeps will be trying to play on day 1. Seems to me that they have somewhat underestimated that demand by a large amount. "Bringing more servers online" one hour after release?? Seriously? It would also appear that not enough stress testing was done or a large enough beta.

Go figure. Most games are borked at release. In fact you could almost guarantee that something would go wrong with D3 but you gotta admit this is frustrating as all hell.

Coming on here ranting and raving makes peeps look like *!*@s though. Nerd rage is hilarious.

I really liked your post. Very constructive imo.
Reply Quote

I really liked your post. Very constructive imo.

I like that post too the only thing I could add is that they would not have had 1/2 the problems if they would have let each time zone have access at midnight their time. It does not help when a huge mass of people try to connect at the same time so why not just have it progressive so your servers would not be as stressed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Yeah I have to agree.

I've been lucky IMO.

I had a minor install drama which was an easy fix.
I had the error 37 for 90 mins after open.
Today's shutdown.....

And that is all. Apart from that, I get stable, lag free d3 and I am loving it.

I feel very sorry for the peeps that are having issues. I would be going bananas.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]