Diablo® III

Ping is perfect stop complaining

I don't know what everyone is complaining about. Haven't had one problem with ping or latency at all. Or any bugs!
Everyone I play with who are on a range of different ISP and in a number of places in Aus are having no problem :)
Reply Quote
Ill agree with you.

210ms here, no lag, no crashes, running 100% for me.
Reply Quote
agree
Reply Quote
how do you find out your ping anyway
Reply Quote
Servers going down is annoying but when doesn't that happen?
People are complaining over the smallest things and don't remember this happened with WOW?
This game is great
Reply Quote
78 Human Mage
I believe the reason you aren't complaining is because you don't have a problem.

Others do - so they are complaining. Complaining because having lag for a primarily single player game is unheard of and unessential.

I can get 180ping from NZ on WoW and D3 - but at times it's unstable, ranging from 400-800 with regular lag spikes. That's worth complaining about, because its game breaking. Also because its not at my end, I have checked.

I think your point was that our ping was perfect (0ms?) and we shouldn't complain - It may be OK for you right now, but its not for others.

tldr; don't be an idiot.

However, I'm sure its just a launch issue and should level out.
Reply Quote
was getting around 400-600ms before the servers went down, I'm getting a ping to the EU (300-400) then I am to the US servers, and even that is causing visible lag, foolishly I didn't check my ping last night when it was fine, Asia is giving me the worst at 500+ms.
Reply Quote
i get a ping of 35ms to google.com.au constant, but my in game ping goes anywhere from 230 to 550.

when its under 300ms, the game runs fine. the lag is not from my end, or anything i can fix - hence, complaining is warranted.
Reply Quote
Caulce that's all fair enough, I don't have a problem with people being upset about things being unstable and lag spikes. That's fair enough and i feel for the people having a problem.
Just all the posts about worst lauch/game ever and refunds is a bit extreme
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 10:57 PMPosted by YORI
how do you find out your ping anyway

bottom of the screen next to you energy meter / right hand bubble. To the right of the right bubble are 4 buttons for skills, inventory etc.

The ping/ms/latency is the thin line right of the bubble left for the mini computer button.

Its green, brown or red. depending on ping, mouse over to see you latency.

Also hit Ctrl - R in game to show FPS top right corner.
Edited by Wulfsyarn#1524 on 5/15/2012 11:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
I was playing with a constant ping of 350 - 500 today and the game was perfectly playable for me today everything still felt instantaneous.

I was getting 190 - 220 in beta.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
I was getting 248 throughout most of the game, I think once it went up to 1800ms but that was probably my ISP *@#%ing me around as usual.

I used to love iiNet, now they're just fail.
Reply Quote
Honestly anything under 500 is fine to play with. Ideally I like about 250
Reply Quote
I'm Hoping that Reduce The Lag ( http://www.reducethelag.com/ ) will enable their tunneler for Diablo 3 I've sent them a message and hopefully they will respond with their plans.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
How do i display my ping in game again?
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 11:11 PMPosted by Nednerb
How do i display my ping in game again?

there is a bar on the right of the buttons, thats the happy fun ping meter.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
thank you
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]