Diablo® III

Lag, lag, lag

Last night was the first time I played, for about an hour, with the ping meter on green, below 350 msec.

It seams that high ping and lag has been a constant problem since launch.
Reply Quote
Pff, you !@#$% about 200-300. I get 2-3 K, yes 2000 - 3000. I cant even exit the game. I have to tab out and end task it. It was like that for a while right after launch, then got better and now its back. Been back for a while, before the patch. It doesn't matter what time of day I log in. Sometimes around 03:00 hrs I can play with about 800 - 1200 on the lag-o-meter, but I wouldn't call it playing. Its more like clicking and waiting to move, then appearing in a mob and death.

My video settings are on the lowest they can go, I have tried windowed and full screen. I just want to play some D3!!!

AMD Phenom II x4 965 ~3.4GHz
12gb ram
DirectX 11
ATI Radeon HD 5770
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
I think there are two major issues being discussed in this thread, though many posters are treating them like the same thing:

1) Latency issues (a.k.a., lag), in which, for instance, abilities are activated but then do not actually "happen" in-game for a few seconds.

2) Performance issues, in which frame rates plummet in certain instances and, for all intents and purposes, the player has the same issue: abilities and movements do not happen until several seconds later than the player intends them to.

My issue is the latter (which confuses me, since I built my rig only a year ago and didn't skimp), but like everyone else, it makes the game unplayable. When I encounter large numbers of enemies (and especially in high-detail zones, like the swamps in Act II), the game slows down and the enemies being "teleporting" around as my computer tries to keep up with displaying them all at once. Likewise, I hit "vault" on my demon hunter and have to wait for my system to catch up, meaning that it gets activated too late to do me any good.

I see people streaming game footage where they do not have these issues and the game looks awesome! For my part, I generally have to avoid as much combat as possible, simply because my frame rates get so bad that I get killed in half the encounters.

I weep.

Edit: For people that aren't sure if their system is up to spec, check out the system requirements (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4904340631) and, perhaps more importantly, this list of video cards that are unsupported (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4903441037).
Edited by Talarian#1140 on 6/2/2012 3:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have serious lag problems so that it feels like my character is moving thru quicksand.
I think my internet connection is ok. This makes Diablo a very poor experience. I'm sorry I bought the game. Maybe when it comes out on console.
I can't react in time & die frequently. I have adjusted my graphics to the lowest levels . it may be my video card, Ati Radeon HD 4200. I have 2.5 gig RAM. Any suggestions ?
Reply Quote
View profile
latency was fine yesterday now it kinda hitting noon and beginning to feel the pain. can't do inferno difficulty because you need no lag spike's one bit.
Reply Quote
I hit a huge lag spike last night... not much going on and them BLAM died then got disconnected. like wow really? there wasnt much going on and i lagged so hard it was really bad.
Reply Quote
Yes it is. They're the ones who put in the online only requirement for people who want to play single player. They couldn't be bothered to find another compromise to deal with the issues of piracy and assuring a hack-free environment for the auction house.
During the times I have a good ping rate, the game play is as it should be. When there's yellow or red ping, I can't kite and usually tend to die.
It isnt the developers fault..
We get !@#$ cause the guys witht he money didnt want to spend extra cash for better servers
Reply Quote
Please, please, please, please, please upgrade your servers continuously and wisely. You developed a game. You sold it and made it online only. Now, support the game. To the fullest. It's no fun if I die every 30 seconds because of your server lag.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I Agree, i live in NY with a constant 190 (bare minimum) -250 latency with spikes up to 600 that cause me to die a lot of the time. i have a 50mb/s internet connection with 20-30 pings in WoW and SC2, i'm tired of seeing enemy's freeze in place as i am running away just to spawn in front of me smacking the crap out of me. specially the exploders who i look like i'm out running then the explode in the middle of the room that i'm nowhere even near but apparently cause of latency spikes i die...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I think there are two major issues being discussed in this thread, though many posters are treating them like the same thing:

1) Latency issues (a.k.a., lag), in which, for instance, abilities are activated but then do not actually "happen" in-game for a few seconds.

2) Performance issues, in which frame rates plummet in certain instances and, for all intents and purposes, the player has the same issue: abilities and movements do not happen until several seconds later than the player intends them to.

My issue is the latter (which confuses me, since I built my rig only a year ago and didn't skimp), but like everyone else, it makes the game unplayable. When I encounter large numbers of enemies (and especially in high-detail zones, like the swamps in Act II), the game slows down and the enemies being "teleporting" around as my computer tries to keep up with displaying them all at once. Likewise, I hit "vault" on my demon hunter and have to wait for my system to catch up, meaning that it gets activated too late to do me any good.

I see people streaming game footage where they do not have these issues and the game looks awesome! For my part, I generally have to avoid as much combat as possible, simply because my frame rates get so bad that I get killed in half the encounters.

I weep.

Edit: For people that aren't sure if their system is up to spec, check out the system requirements (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4904340631) and, perhaps more importantly, this list of video cards that are unsupported (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4903441037).

FPS issues and performance issues are generally client side. sorry. make sure your drivers are fully updated and you are running as administrator... FPS lag is different than latency lag, i have 60+ FPS constant and my game never freezes itself, it's always the enemy's that freeze while i can free roam. then it teleports me back to my old position either dead or dying surrounded by enemy's i was running from
Reply Quote
First, I want to say BRAVO, seriously, on this eyecandy of a game. This is not a post about the game itself, just the server lag etc. I would happily play this game for years without being online due to the lag, and gladly give up the auction houses and even chat at this point. Although I adore the co-op mechanics, loot system.. the lag is getting to be annoying - not just for me, but for the players I multiplayer with. The ONLY flaw to this game is the lag, errors, rubber banding, and misc issues that come with server problems. It's a travesty to let an awesome game turn to dirt because of server problems! PLEASE give an option to play OFFLINE - making even the characters non playable on servers if you have to - so we can play from beginning to end without wanting to smash our heads.
Reply Quote
adding my support here.

I run the latest macbook, and since the beginning of play I suffer from the same problem as OP. I am almost convinced it is an issue w/ blizzard's servers, because my internet has been the same provider since I played WoW months ago(and had <120 ping regularly), netflix(HD) loads just as fast, AND my FPS doubled at least since the last patch(got horrible video performance before that and blizz included mac performance updates).

So I have confidence that this is something blizzard can fix
Edited by Unless#1120 on 6/8/2012 9:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i'm averaging about 150 latency when all of a sudden for a couple of minutes, it jumps to 2400.. how the hell do you expect me to play blizzard?

if you're developing a game 12 years into the making and sell it to the masses, generating millions in revenue, you best maintain good servers for us to use your product!
Reply Quote
My latency usually sits around 300 - 400 when I'm playing,then all of sudden I get spikes of 700 - 1500. There are times my character simply gets stuck and I can't move him to a certain direction,he simply gets back to the same point until I either move him to another direction or TP.This usually causes a lot of deaths against monsters that have desecrator/mortar.

It's been like this ever since I started playing this game and it's starting to get on my nerves.I really wish somebody would respond to this thread to let us know if it's a problem with their servers or if it's a problem with our individual connections.
Reply Quote
My latency usually sits around 300 - 400 when I'm playing,then all of sudden I get spikes of 700 - 1500. There are times my character simply gets stuck and I can't move him to a certain direction,he simply gets back to the same point until I either move him to another direction or TP.This usually causes a lot of deaths against monsters that have desecrator/mortar.

It's been like this ever since I started playing this game and it's starting to get on my nerves.I really wish somebody would respond to this thread to let us know if it's a problem with their servers or if it's a problem with our individual connections.

Same issue with my player getting stuck and having to TP or move another direction...come on blizzard please work on this and at least acknowledge the severe server problems you guys have!

Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
blizzard should give us all a couple mil in gold just to recoup all to the repairing from deaths due to this rediculous micro stuttering...theyve offered 0 solutions this is a joke. 90 percent of my deaths are due to this.
Reply Quote

I weep.

FPS issues and performance issues are generally client side. sorry. make sure your drivers are fully updated and you are running as administrator... FPS lag is different than latency lag, i have 60+ FPS constant and my game never freezes itself, it's always the enemy's that freeze while i can free roam. then it teleports me back to my old position either dead or dying surrounded by enemy's i was running from

How do you explain the fact that our drivers were working perfectly for 1-2 weeks prior to the patch, and all of a sudden multiple people are experiencing the same FPS lag in a game that's been fluid before. Tell me that's client side please.
Reply Quote
I've been having major issues as well. On a good night, I'll get as low as 150, and if it's 4 am on a weekday, I might be lucky enough to see the 90s. However, in the middle of the day, I average in the upper 700s-1200s and if I'm real unlucky, I might hit 4000. Problem is, other games run just fine.
Reply Quote
Getting lag spikes now, pissing me off severely. One second I'm 100 latency then 1600 latency jump and then I'm dead because I can't do anything to mobs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]