Diablo® III

Lag, lag, lag

Cross-posted:

OK, each and every large-scale fight in co-op is turning into a latency-fest.

In this evenings 4-person co-op, I took a few screen shots while my mouse hovered above the latency bar, and here is what I have learned:
When we entered a battle with elites (did not notice on lesser mobs), the latency spiked up to over 4k. Each time a group member died (lag will do that, you see) the lag would drop considerably, until we were all dead. When folks began to resurrect at the last waypoint (only a couple steps from the battle) the latency began to increase with each resurrected player. Which brought us right back up to abilities not working, jumping around the screen, and then appearing slaughtered yet again.

In a word: unplayable. Another word: gamebreaking.

Dearest Blizzard, please take this issue seriously. It is all on your end. This is not a random issue on our ends. Our entire group was effected and it very quickly made me quit the evenings play in disgust.
Reply Quote
Getting severe spikes here, too. Jumping from 80ish to 2500 (!) then back down again, over and over. My brother says it's hitting him, too, so I think it's server-side. Thank God I'm not playing hardcore.
Reply Quote
Annnnnnnnd DC'd, with my 5 stacks on. Thanks, y'all, that's awesome.
Reply Quote
This is such a joke
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
in the past fifteen minutes or so I've had some pretty horrendous lag. I've been kicked from two games and lagged to death a couple of times as well. Heavy server traffic?
Reply Quote
Heavy traffic or not it's just good that I don't play hardcore. (learned that lesson from D2 lag). It's terrible for me as well atm.
Reply Quote
View profile
06/10/2012 08:55 PMPosted by Palendrome
in the past fifteen minutes or so I've had some pretty horrendous lag. I've been kicked from two games and lagged to death a couple of times as well. Heavy server traffic?

This is most likely the culprit but it should not be effecting the servers this way.....if only they had been prepared for the traffic. I would NEVER touch hardcore mode in this game as it stands atm. I can't even imagine losing a character to server lag.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Thank you for this Blizzard.

http://i.imgur.com/Yk7GJ.jpg
Reply Quote
I would love to see a blue post at least acknowledging that theres a problem so we know they at least know about it :/
Reply Quote
This is awful. I tried and tried to have Blizz's back during this shaky release, but man I'm sick of this sh*$. Get it together!
Reply Quote
This game is really getting on my nerves. The lag spikes absolutely terrible (I've been getting spikes up to 2000ms for sustained periods). When is blizzard going to fix this?! I'm hoping they doing something before Torchlight 2 release otherwise I'm jumping ship.
Reply Quote
View profile
Thank you for this Blizzard.

http://i.imgur.com/Yk7GJ.jpg

Ouch......../sympathies :-(
Reply Quote
87 Orc Death Knight
Well, after the 5th lag death I am thru playing this mess. Maybe I will come back to the game when I hear they have fixed this issue. I have died in normal and hardcore and this really isn't what I paid for!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Everyone on my server was having lag at the same time. I got killed by a trap that didn't spring until after I left the area - I was sitting there being poisoned repeatedly by something I was nowhere near. And died.
Reply Quote
this lag is garbage
Reply Quote
have this lag since yesterday
Reply Quote
+1 for lag spikes ruining the game - I died 3 times today before quitting, I'm not sure how hardcore players exist on these servers. I appreciate the costs of hosting games on battlenet and that they need to protect against piracy but I didn't pay AUS$80 for a game I can't even single player. That said, I would happily have paid more for a always online service that worked!

As for all the "fixes" I've seen posted around, I have had no problems playing any other game online, why should I have had to spend my time trying "fixes" (which I have with no success) that have changed nothing.

Blizzard, at least acknowledge there's something wrong and that it is being worked on, then we know you're listening to us and that we're not being ignored.
Reply Quote
Crazy lag after today's maintenance....1500ms ping @_@
Reply Quote
Yeah crap lag spikes after the latest patch! Come on blizzard FIX THIS !@#$!
Reply Quote
Damn Blizzard why so lag and why u dont answer my ticket..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]