Diablo® III

Lag, lag, lag

Bad stuff. I had 200-300 latency before the recent patch. It's 1.5k+ now.

It seems as if the patch made it unplayable. Working as intended?
Reply Quote
Having same issue here as well, game was working fine before yesterdays patch...

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!
Reply Quote
Posting on this topic once again.I've made a decision of not playing this game until they fix whatever is wrong with their servers.

For the last 2 days,I've been trying to finish the Siegebreaker quest on Inferno.EVERY SINGLE TIME I go trough Rakkis Crossing,I get the "game connection was lost" message before reaching the WP.And when I start a new game,I have to cross that entire battlefield full of monsters waiting to kill me.EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I've had countless deaths due to lag spikes and "rubberbanding".I can't reliably play this game without having to use SS everytime a ranged mob attacks me,because I never know if the game will allow me to actually avoid the projectile or if I'll simply br glued in place.

It's a shame,really.Never had this kind of problem playing WoW,tought it would be different with Diablo.I'll check back in a few weeks to see if things have improved or not.
Reply Quote
It'd be nice if Blizzard would get their !@#$ together.
Reply Quote
bumping/linking a related collection of similar threads

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5795270068#7
Reply Quote
I'm playing browse the AH. The Diablag just drives me crazy when I play. Other games are fine so along with all these other posts, I think it must be something on Blizzards end or something in the latest patch.
Edited by CalmStorm#1326 on 6/13/2012 11:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Es2NXjIBOU
If you're having graphic lag, watch this video and do what he says, it really helped me out.
Granted, your graphics won't be as high quality, but it removed the lag for me! YouTube really does know all!
-Isen
Reply Quote
Seems like its a server problem to me and needs to be fixed. It I don't have this problem on any other game. Now that they have raised repair costs it seems crazy to be paying for deaths that would not have happened if the servers where working properly. Its not just happening to me but also my friends, so i see it happen a lot. Hopefully This issue will be dealt with, as it is the biggest problem in the game that is causing people to stop playing in my opinion.
Reply Quote
Do you have network lag or frame rate lag?

Starting yesterday, I am getting severe network lag.

For those lagging, does the latency counter occasionally go up to 200 MS or higher (the green, orange, red bar next to the buttons in the bottom right of the screen)?
Reply Quote
My system
I930 @ 4ghz., 6 gb. DDR3, GTX470 @ 725mhz., OS installed on 60 gb. SSD game on RAID-0
HDD, my avg. ping 70

Game mode and lag
Normal no lag
Nightmare no lag
Hell act I some lag, Hell act II more but playable, hell act III worse, playable with a wizard but not a Barbarian
Hell act III is as high as I have progressed so far.

I have turned off all back ground tasks, with no affect on lag
I turned down all video settings to lowest option available, no affect on lag

The lag issue is not on my side a specially with such low latency
Reply Quote
It's not your graphics card i thought the SAME thing bro i use a gtx 580 and never had this problem until TODAY the game is running god awful for some reason its slugging along everyone i speak too is having the issue it seems like FPS lag but it's not something is wrong very wrong today i hope they fix it. I also thought maybe i did something too my pc but it ran fine lastnight this insane lagg just started today and everyone is having the problem hopefully there is a hotfix in the works cause it's insanely bad right now.
Edited by Gcubin#1173 on 7/13/2012 1:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i thought the same thing something is deff wrong with the servers cause i played for hours lastnight just fine but today i can play but it's just pure lagg the latency is higher then normal and attacks are so slow to respond it's horrible.
Reply Quote
I am glad my net is being a waste again... How do I get so much lag in just this game... I have no problem in anything else... have been disconnected 3 times during butcher runs with full stack the past two days... I guess the solution for me is to just not play during the day but stay up to unreasonable hours to play...
Reply Quote
Right click shortcut properties Compatibility. Check mark Disable Visual themes, Disable desktop composition, Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. Then run game in windows. This helps when the games runs like its in slow motion and somtimes less lag after.
Edited by MoJo#1867 on 8/17/2012 4:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
50 Dwarf Paladin
i'm getting it too on WoW as well as d3
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
Yup huge lag spikes in public games, going from 10ms - 1600ms+ in public games with 4 players, with only 2 players i dont lag at all
Reply Quote
BLIZZ WTF IS WRONG WITH THE EFFING LAG..IM WAS JUST PLAYING YOUR GAME JUST A FEW MINS AGO AND I'M FIGHTING ELITES..OUT OF NOTWHERE THERE THIS LAG THAT I'M FIGHTIN THE ELITES..BUT MY CHARACTER IS NOT HITTING THEM..IT GOES FROM GREEN TO ORANGE TO RED..I TRY TO RUN AWAY FROM THE ELITES TO REGEN MY HEALTH..BUT NO..THE LAG CLEARS AND I DIED FROM THE ELITES BECAUSE OF THE EFFING LAG..IM NOT GOING TO PLAY YOUR GAME TIL YOU FIX THIS !@#$..IM SICK OF IT..IT WAS FINE WHEN IT CAME OUT..NO LAG NO NOTHING..BUT AFTER THE PATCHES AND PATCHES IT BECAME EFFING UNPLAYABLE FOR ME AND MY LITTLE BROTHER..PLEASE FIX THE LAG OR IF ITS MY CONNECTION PLEASE RECOMMEND ME SOMETHING TO TAKE IT AWAY..I HAVE A GOOD CONNECTION..BUT I CANT TAKE THIS LAG ANYMORE..
Reply Quote
I cant even run through town without skipping along.. dont let me pull out my zombie dogs... 8-9FPS in game dungeons etc.. perfect Latency.. dont get it.. my cpu is bare requirments but ive played this game at 60-70FPS on average before this week.. please blizzard help.. for real..
Reply Quote
Same here Rey. About a week ago my game ran perfect. Now, 1000ms lag all over the place.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]