Diablo® III

Diablo III Launch Update

(Locked)

Community Manager
Diablo Players:

We’d like to extend a very sincere thank you to everyone who joined the global Diablo III launch celebrations this week, as well as to everyone who was ready to jump into Sanctuary the moment the game went live.

To that end, we’d also like to say that we’ve been humbled by your enthusiasm -- and we sincerely regret that your crusade to bring down the Lord of Terror was thwarted not by mobs of demons, but by mortal infrastructure. As many of you are aware, technical issues occurring within hours after the game's launch led to players experiencing error messages and difficulty logging in. These issues cropped up again last night for the Americas and Europe servers. Despite very aggressive projections, our preparations for the launch of the game did not go far enough.

We’ve been monitoring the game 24/7 and have applied several optimizations to help our systems better weather the global rush. As of late last night, specifically 11:50 PM PDT on May 15, all systems have been online and running relatively smoothly. We’re continuing to monitor performance globally and will be taking further measures as needed to ensure a positive experience for everyone. This includes some maintenance to implement additional improvements for each region.

In order to make sure everything is continuing to run as it should, we’ve decided to move out our target launch for the real-money auction house beyond our original estimated date of May 22. We’ll post further updates on that in the near future.

Aside from the tremendous number of players simultaneously logging in to the game, one of the launch-day service issues was linked to the achievement system. Some players began to notice early on that achievements were either not being earned properly, or not being saved between multiple logins. We’re investigating this issue and will provide a specific update as soon as possible.

We greatly appreciate everyone’s support, and we want to sincerely apologize for the difficulties many of you encountered on day one. Please visit the Battle.net Support site or Support forums for the latest service-related updates or for help in troubleshooting any technical issues you may be having downloading, installing, or while playing the game.

Thank you again for your patience while we reinforce the gates of Sanctuary and further strengthen it for your onslaught.

Respectfully,
Blizzard Entertainment
Diablo Players:

We’d like to extend a very sincere thank you to everyone who joined the global Diablo III launch celebrations this week, as well as to everyone who was ready to jump into Sanctuary the moment the game went live.

To that end, we’d also like to say that we’ve been humbled by your enthusiasm -- and we sincerely regret that your crusade to bring down the Lord of Terror was thwarted not by mobs of demons, but by mortal infrastructure. As many of you are aware, technical issues occurring within hours after the game's launch led to players experiencing error messages and difficulty logging in. These issues cropped up again last night for the Americas and Europe servers. Despite very aggressive projections, our preparations for the launch of the game did not go far enough.

We’ve been monitoring the game 24/7 and have applied several optimizations to help our systems better weather the global rush. As of late last night, specifically 11:50 PM PDT on May 15, all systems have been online and running relatively smoothly. We’re continuing to monitor performance globally and will be taking further measures as needed to ensure a positive experience for everyone. This includes some maintenance to implement additional improvements for each region.

In order to make sure everything is continuing to run as it should, we’ve decided to move out our target launch for the real-money auction house beyond our original estimated date of May 22. We’ll post further updates on that in the near future.

Aside from the tremendous number of players simultaneously logging in to the game, one of the launch-day service issues was linked to the achievement system. Some players began to notice early on that achievements were either not being earned properly, or not being saved between multiple logins. We’re investigating this issue and will provide a specific update as soon as possible.

We greatly appreciate everyone’s support, and we want to sincerely apologize for the difficulties many of you encountered on day one. Please visit the Battle.net Support site or Support forums for the latest service-related updates or for help in troubleshooting any technical issues you may be having downloading, installing, or while playing the game.

Thank you again for your patience while we reinforce the gates of Sanctuary and further strengthen it for your onslaught.

Respectfully,
Blizzard Entertainment

Right back at ya bash. freakin awesome game!!
<3 Bashiok. Greatest game in a very long time imo.
btw the settings say TOAST instead of text
Still love this game XD
Love you guys.

https://twitter.com/#!/JohnHerndon/status/202635731569618944
Edited by Alvraen#1393 on 5/16/2012 8:54 PM PDT
Thank you for posting this. I'm glad to hear everything seems to be running smoothly now. I've been enjoying the game tremendously, and can't wait until all these issues are resolved so I can lay waste to the minions of Hell uninterrupted.
Thanks you guys for a great game i was skeptical at first on how well it would turn out but all in all its a great sucess. Great Job Blizz!
I dont know if its me or others also have it, but when i play this game for about an hour, then im starting to get some chat lag. When i type something then it wont appear in chat and then i have to type again and last message will appear to chat.

My english is kinda bad so i hope you understanded that :)
Thanks for all your guys hard work! Love the game. Best of luck in ironing out all the issues.
I admit, Error 37 was very annoying.

But an update from you guys... It helps a ton.

Keep up the awesome games, and make sure you prepare for Mists of Pandaria launch!
awesome game!!
I dont know if its me or others also have it, but when i play this game for about an hour, then im starting to get some chat lag. When i type something then it wont appear in chat and then i have to type again and last message will appear to chat.

HAppend to me too. did you get error 3006? soon after you tried to type something?
what about the current disconnections alot of us are getting?
Didn't really address the massive amounts of disconnects happening ALL DAY, INCLUDING RIGHT NOW STILL..
Edited by Fleegsta#1341 on 5/16/2012 8:52 PM PDT
Thanks for the update. And while i don't think an apologize was necessary, its nice to see regardless.

P.S. I'm very curious just how many people tried to simultaneously log on at 12:01am on the 15th lol

That happened to me...

Also why didn't you make it so you could play without internet?

That happened to me...

Also why didn't you make it so you could play without internet?

To prevent people from pirating the singleplayer.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]