Diablo® III

Higher weapon dmg or higher Int?

Do I want higher weapon damage or higher int? Do I want a fast weapon and does that affect my abilities at all? If not then it would seem I want a slow weapon that has a high dps right? With as much int as it can stack? For instance, at my level I see these two weapons - which would you choose?

Weapon #1
Int: +22
Dps: 36

Weapon #2
Int: +44
Dps: 25
Reply Quote
weapon #1
Edited by Zancu#1464 on 5/20/2012 1:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Each point of int raises your weapon damage by 1%.

22 int difference doesn't overcome the basic disparity in weapon damage.

Go with weapon number 1.
Reply Quote
first in DMG then when you have enough its INT and then its AS and then its the balance of all those stats.
Reply Quote
Get a good high dps weapon with int and a socket. Put a good Ruby in that socket, and watch your damage go up.
Reply Quote
stack int if you're a wiz and you'll have no probs beasting through mobs, with powerhouse mage attacks, its rediculous how quickly you can start hitting huge when you do. i'm only 350 or so int atm (+350% damage), but getting higher.
Reply Quote
In general, higher weapon DPS will give better results than higher INT. If you get enough INT for very little DPS then it will, of course, change but in general it's Weapon Damage > INT.
Edited by brinebold#1864 on 5/17/2012 10:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 10:44 PMPosted by Xyma
In general, higher weapon DPS will give better results than higher INT. If you get enough INT for very little DPS then it will, of course, change but in general it's Weapon Damage > INT.

agreed. i went high int in the beginning with low dps and i didn't achieve much dmg. switched to a higher dps weapon instead of int and my damage went up by almost 2k

before:
int= 1300
damage= 700
with my weapon having 70 dps

After:
int= 1052
damage=2300
with my weapon having 131 dps

depending on the skill, the damage from it will change. some look at ur weapon dmg while others look at the int... i believe
Reply Quote
The more int you have the less useful more is. Same with damage. Due to soul harvest you already have a crap ton of int. This makes flat damage even more comparatively useful.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]