Diablo® III

"sledge fist" legendary weapon gives no dmg

So i got this item, and when i equip it i get less damage. If i equip one weapon with the fist i get 100 damage (for example) and if i equip a shield with that first weapon i get 120 damage (for example) shield has no offensive stats whatsoever. Seems kinda strange
Reply Quote
When dual wielding, damage is calculated by averaging the two weapons DPS and adding a 15% attack speed buff. If Weapon 1 has 1000 DPS and weapon 2 has 200 DPS, you're better off just not equipping the second weapon because it will drag down the average DPS of your weapons by a lot.

In your case, I'm guessing the DPS of the one-handed weapon you already had is at least 15% greater than the Sledge Fist and equipping Sledge Fist brought your average weapon damage down enough so that the 15% attack speed bonus could not make up for it.
Reply Quote
Oo so thats what happened. ye my first weapon had around 270 and the fist 150.. thanks :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]