Diablo® III

What do we Want Balanced?

Admittedly Diablo 2 had the same issues, but Blizzard tweaked the skills endlessly, usually nerfing hard anything that used to be OP and raising something else in its place.

What? Diablo 2 barely got any balance patches. The only notable big-impact one came with the LOD expansion. Heck, abilities that are king in D2 classic are still the king in D2 LOD.
Reply Quote
They did nerf iron maiden + blood golem lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
nerf co-op video games herp derp.......WoW is that way ------>
Reply Quote

Admittedly Diablo 2 had the same issues, but Blizzard tweaked the skills endlessly, usually nerfing hard anything that used to be OP and raising something else in its place.

What? Diablo 2 barely got any balance patches. The only notable big-impact one came with the LOD expansion. Heck, abilities that are king in D2 classic are still the king in D2 LOD.

Hardly. I have a strategy guide still from the launch of Diablo II LoD, which listed all the abilities and their stats at each level. None of them are the same as they used to be. Not a single one. Nearly every stat was tweaked. Some got major work done and others just minor changes.

Hammerdins didn't own the world until well after release. Whirlwind barbs used to be the ultimate class, but gradually fell into disuse.

----------------------------------------

Anyway, the average maturity of the people on these forums is unfortunately low. Some of you have given great responses and I appreciate you contributing to the thread, but most (not in this thread specifically, but all threads) just throw in a meme or an insult and call it a day.

I think the threads been around long enough for the information we've gathered to be accurate. Nearly everybody agrees on the 'weak' abilities. I'm just going to let the thread die now.

For the record, this thread was not about whining that I can't go through hell (Hell is actually easier than I was expecting), nor was it about having things changed. It was to see what other people thought of the abilities and whether or not people felt changes were approriate. I know I wished for some while going through.

If Blizzard chooses to read the thread then great, but I think they probably know all the issues already, since most of us agree on the useless abilities. I'm under no delusions that the thread will change anything, I just thought seeing what the community thought of the class balance would be interesting.
Edited by IzzQuad#1537 on 5/21/2012 2:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Haha, who remembers when necromancers were mandatory for any 8 player game due to Corpse Explosion owning everything that moved? Literally everything.

D2 had entire subsystems put in place after launch to improve balance.
Reply Quote
My idea for strafe would be to make it a hatred generator instead of spender. This would allow builds to use strafe as a kiting damage type of ability that would synergize well with the rest of what we have. Damage seems alright as it doesnt do tons of damage anyways.

I think grenades are reasonable but should get a slight damage boost.

Rapid fire needs a large damage boost in my opinion. Leave the cost on it, but it needs more damage to offset the lack of mobility.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]