Diablo® III

What primary spell do you use?

87 Blood Elf Mage
I've been sticking with Electrocute with the Chain Lightning rune, but I just feel like all of our primary spells suck. Which ones do you guys use?
Reply Quote
Magic Missile with increased damage
Arcane orb with either Increased Damage or Increased AoE
Reply Quote
Magic Missile with increased damage
Arcane orb with either Increased Damage or Increased AoE

This. It's not very exciting, but the effectiveness is unmatched.
Reply Quote
Magic Missile with Attunement and Prodigy. I use my signature to refill my AP pool rather than to do damage. While also running Astral Presence, my AP regen is retarded.
Reply Quote
This build is fun

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bkXgQS!eYX!ZZaZZZ
Reply Quote
I like meele, I use spectral blade with deep cuts and arcane orb with obliteration, the blades re fun and will not miss a single arcane orb
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Mage
Right after I posted this I unlocked the Lightning Blast rune for Electrocute. Now it's mowing down the monsterz
Reply Quote
None. I stuffed Archon into that slot as soon as I got it. Doing a signature spell-less build for public games. As nice as 'free damage' is, it cuts into the number of spells you can have on hand.
Reply Quote
Magic Missile with increased damage rune and Arcane Orb with obliterate rune. Like someone already mentioned.....pretty boring, but effective as heck. Frost Nova Arcane Orb x3 or so, Wave of force.....dead monsters.

I've been wanting to and have tried other builds, but always go back to magic missile/arcane orb.
Reply Quote
Ray of Frost ^_^
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Magic Missile with Increased damage. My rotation is: Mirrior Image, Arcane Hydra, Diamond Skin, & Disintegrate until demons perish.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
magic missile/arcane orb.

again, boring...but it works.
Reply Quote
I'm using Electrocute with the Lightning Blast rune.

To those of you using Magic Missile - what are you using it with / what's your strategy? From my experience in Nightmare up to the start of act 3, I don't feel I've run into any situations where Magic Missile is better than any of the other signature spells, mainly because you almost always encounter monsters in packs.

I situationally switch between Arcane Orb w/ Arcane Nova (only 42, no Celestial Orb for me yet) and Disintegrate w/ Volatility and I find that Electrocute fills the gaps in between spamming my secondary spell quite nicely.
Edited by Collides#1609 on 5/19/2012 6:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/19/2012 06:32 PMPosted by Drekor
Ray of Frost ^_^

QFT
Reply Quote
I enjoy Chain Lightning and Disintegrate. It's the farthest ranged attacks and good for mobbing.
Reply Quote
Shock pulse with piercing orb rune, it can be a tad hard to aim in some cases, but for a primary, its great against packs of mobs as it goes right through them and does pretty decient dmg to everything, arcane orb with tap the source for secondary.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
None. I stuck Arc Orb with tap the source in that slot. I have a nice wizard helm with +12 arcane power and I don't run out of arcane power unless I'm able to sit and spam it (Which is never)
Reply Quote
I highly recommend trying Piercing Orb. The pathing on it is amazing and damage is pretty good. It has the range of electrocute, good casting speed, can hit enemies around corners.

I highly recommend giving this rune a shot. It's very enjoyable. For bosses, I guess 143% magic missile is better, but then a lot of spells shine on boss fights and aren't great the rest of the time.

I also use disintegrate with volatility. Mows down stuff pretty good.
Edited by Sinuous#1440 on 5/19/2012 6:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/19/2012 06:51 PMPosted by Javice
Shock pulse with piercing orb rune, it can be a tad hard to aim in some cases, but for a primary, its great against packs of mobs as it goes right through them and does pretty decient dmg to everything, arcane orb with tap the source for secondary.

Electrocute + Lightning Blast is better than Shock Pulse + Piercing Orb if you're disliking the awkward aiming that comes with SP + PO. Though the % damage of Electrocute is lower, it also fires quite a bit faster, so I'm pretty sure they even out.
Reply Quote
this build is also nice. i distroy in nightmare..

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WiXkTm!eYX!ZZaZZ
Edited by ozzmozizz#1733 on 5/19/2012 7:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]