Diablo® III

So what's the best character?

I thought DH was great... until act 3 hell difficulty. Level 58 and good equipment... can't solo.

The extra 30% DR for barbs and monks makes me want to try a melee character.

I'm thinking barb, but almost all of the good tanks I've seen were monks.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
There is no "best character".

Roll a barb or monk. You'll get to level 58 in act 3 hell and get stuck.

You need better gear, or better skills.
Reply Quote
What's wrong with act 3 hell?

I didn't see any issues there.
Reply Quote
DH are pretty good, I've soloed everything up to inferno act 1 so far, if uyou time youu deffensives properly bosses cant even hit you at all.

I started a Monk yesterday and I made lv 1 to 50 and cleared up to hell act 1 as solo. Monks seems a bit OP so far to me but they might fall down a bit in hell/inferno because they need to be in melee.

Ive seen amazing barbs, and trash ones. The whole game is all about gear so make sure you get the best availlable ;)
Reply Quote
what skills do you use?
Reply Quote
I wouldn't put all your hope into melee classes. A friend of mine is just starting inferno as a monk and he's already considering rerolling because of how brutal most champ/rare packs are. There are a ton of affixes that are just impossible to deal with for melee (molten, lightning, plague, arcane, nightmare, vampiric, ect.). I tried to tell him that the grass just looks greener, but the fact that he can take at least 1 hit from these mobs compared to the zero I can take is a big deal.
Reply Quote
What's wrong with act 3 hell?

I didn't see any issues there.

Nothing. I'm just saying, he'll get stuck at some arbitrary point with any other character in the game as well.
Reply Quote
Yeah, biggest issues are the A2's in each difficulty increase. I find A3 much easier than A2 as a DH. If you're solo, mobs die incredibly fast. This makes it easier since you can SS immunity and drop packs before you're ever vulnerable. Once you start adding friends you have no real way to avoid damage over long periods of time, and you can't kill mobs as quickly within your time constraint. So more deaths if you get looked at. You probably just need a better weapon. Scour the AH.

The 30% mitigation won't mean much when you run into mobs that CANNOT be fought in Melee. Here's looking at you, Vampiric Plagued Walling Leapers.
Reply Quote
Have you not done the smoke screen + preparation method? 12 seconds of full invulnerability...or more if you have +discipline items.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]