Diablo® III

2008 Macbook Unplayable...

Hey everyone. Been reading up a lot on the fps issues for macs and figured I would post my own and ask a quick question.

I am currently using a 2008 MacBook 13" laptop connected to a 23" monitor. The game is 100% unplayable at the lowest settings in 800x600. I repaired disc permissions and everything else Blizzard recommended. I get maybe 5 fps. So I spoke to a friend and he said he has an old Power Mac G5 I could use to play. I just don't know if it is worth my time to go pick it up if the game wont play on it. I don't mind changing out the video card, adding RAM and anything else if needed.

Anyone able to play on a G5? I know it's older than the macbook but maybe with a newer vid card and more RAM, I will be able to play. Even at lowest settings. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Reply Quote
I guess we got the same MacBook, and I have really bad performance as well. I mostly get around 15fps which is playable, but still, it's really annoying during big battles. If we got the same Macbook, I'm guessing that you have the GeForce 9400M. Blizzard has issued a problem with this video card, so I guess they will come with a patch sometime which will give us better performance :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)