Diablo® III

Any Hell/Inf WD build without Vision Quest?

I feel like every viable build (party or solo) requires vision quest to be effective.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Because you're already taking 2 CD spells, might as well get 2 more and just have "infinite" mana. It's stupid, and bad design, really. Pet class that won't use pets cuz they are bad, and a class that absolutely always takes Walk and Circle of Int buff.
Reply Quote
Vision quest is very good, I don't see a reason not to take it unless you are using a build where mana is not an issue. The only other build would maybe be a spirit one with rush of essence/spirit barrage, but even that seems inferior to vision quest + dire bats.

Also, it's not really "infinite" mana, you can definitely run out if you aren't careful even with vision quest, unless you're stacking mana regen gear.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
VQ is awesome, im tearing up HELL

My only attack is the zombie charger bears(used the spectral ghosts before i got bears)

i use ghost form with mana regen, gargantum, dogs, voodoo, and fetus army

and my passives is vision quest, 20% more mana, and the 20% more dmg at the expense of 30% mana

here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fUTYPQ!bWU!cZZcab
Edited by Jalapeno#1124 on 5/20/2012 4:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aZURPQ!VeW!aaaZcb

This is what I have been running solo and group. Thinking about switching out Big Bad Voodoo tho.

I run a lot of attack speed atm.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Vision quest is very good, I don't see a reason not to take it.

And this my friends is the issue with Witch Doctors. Right here...
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 04:10 PMPosted by Draygen
Vision quest is very good, I don't see a reason not to take it.

It's not infinite mana you downy, stop QQing these threads. It's a fast regen, that's all. If you don't use your cooldowns correctly, VQ doesn't work. You have to juggle actually using those cd's as they're meant to be used, and using them when you need mana.

Why would you have a problem with taking spirit walk and dps buff with both potentially being healing/mana regen abilities?

Let me guess, you're the WD who came to the game thinking you'd be a mc zoo keeper?
Reply Quote
I don't know how to upload builds so i'll just write it out.

Splinters (Flaming dart if plagued)
Rain of corpses
Siphon
Healing journey
Corpse Bomb
Slam Dance

Pierce the veil
Gruesome Feast
Spirit Vessel

Since I started using this build, I only ever use bears/bats + vision when I come across invulnerable minions. I find the best way to deal with those is to just put out massive aoe damage on the whole mob.
Reply Quote
I don't.
Reply Quote
Hey bowzah, I wanted to try that build out. How does it fare? I was thinking of swapping out big bad for garg for solo except for bosses but not sure on that.
Reply Quote
Hahah you dont need Vision Quest to do Hell. I have been soloing it with one thumb up my nose its so easy using a survivability spec without VQ:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WRXdUj!ZcV!YaYZZb
Reply Quote
View profile
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#afUdZk!bXW!YccZcY
Reply Quote
I'm having decent luck soloing inferno with

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aZUdSP!ZVW!aacZcb

I've messed with VQ builds. They're fine, but personally, I prefer the range/kiting options of dart and locusts. I also like always having fetish army cooled down so I needn't wait when I run in to champions and elites.

I struggle with "Fast" on melee mobs. Jailer/Morter and Fire Chains/Teleport also get dicey but are manageable, since I can leave Spirit Walk up for when I really need it instead of blowing it on cooldown (VQ).

With better dps gear and stronger melee mobs, I'm starting to feel that Soul Harvest is more optional. I may soon switch to Hex, Wall of Zombies or Horrify to add more kite/damage evasion options.

I've also been tempted to swap out Grasp of the Dead. As OP as it is against whites, it's fairly weak against Champs and Elites. It's a tough call though; I'm sure everyone that's played inferno has been beaten to death by vanilla spiderlings or whatever.
Reply Quote
and fetus army

lol
Reply Quote
How do you have Locust Swarm and Grasp of the Dead? They are both secondary skills.

I've messed with VQ builds. They're fine, but personally, I prefer the range/kiting options of dart and locusts. I also like always having fetish army cooled down so I needn't wait when I run in to champions and elites.

I struggle with "Fast" on melee mobs. Jailer/Morter and Fire Chains/Teleport also get dicey but are manageable, since I can leave Spirit Walk up for when I really need it instead of blowing it on cooldown (VQ).

With better dps gear and stronger melee mobs, I'm starting to feel that Soul Harvest is more optional. I may soon switch to Hex, Wall of Zombies or Horrify to add more kite/damage evasion options.

I've also been tempted to swap out Grasp of the Dead. As OP as it is against whites, it's fairly weak against Champs and Elites. It's a tough call though; I'm sure everyone that's played inferno has been beaten to death by vanilla spiderlings or whatever.
Reply Quote
How do you have Locust Swarm and Grasp of the Dead? They are both secondary skills.

elective mode
Reply Quote
News flash: With 5 cooldown skills, you can have VQ and still have Spirit Walk to escape.
Reply Quote
I'm running bad medicine/jungle fort/spirit vessel. Hell is ezpz.
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Mitchlol

Let me guess, you're the WD who came to the game thinking you'd be a mc zoo keeper?

Umm.. So you're saying it's wrong to pick a class, based on the fact that we liked a synonymous character/spec from the previous Diablo?

Seems like you're the 'downy'.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#afUkRX!bXZ!acaaab

My hell / inferno build which doesn't use VQ; take Bad Medicine instead of Jungle Fortitude if in a group.

Though, with that said, this build isn't one I use all that much. I vastly prefer my Spirit Barrage build which does involve VQ.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]