Diablo® III

Further information required

(Locked)

Region in Aus/NZ: Australia NSW Sydney
ISP Name: iinet
Connection Type: ADSL2+ 24MB Bandwith
Latency Range in game: Spikes 500+ [Happend's to much]
Average Latency:195

Please, just buy a server and host in Australia.
Edited by itsjch#1256 on 7/7/2012 9:39 PM PDT
06/25/2012 06:06 PMPosted by Arcagnion
Thanks for the continued connection info all, we will continue to report back on this each week.

2 weeks without an update, is there anything you can share with us?
pings a bit high
Edited by Valheru#6778 on 7/11/2012 6:28 AM PDT
Just reporting back the latest experience for me:

When I first get into a game, pings start out in the red and can take up to 15-20 seconds to get into the green. Once I hit green, I usually stay around the 250ms mark, with occasional "orange" spikes.

However, no matter what my latency is, there always exists:

* Frequent rubber banding (experienced at least once every 5 minutes or so).
* Occasional random "pauses", where the screen freezes; Sometimes I can move, sometimes I can't, but everything else doesn't move. This can last for 5 - 20 seconds, after which the screen catches up in time, fast forwarding to the present, and I get to watch the last 20 seconds in super fast motion!! :) Funny... but not so much in inferno when you're up against champion groups, just spamming buttons hoping you don't die.
* Very frequent "mini pauses". Meaning while moving the screen will pause for a fraction of a second, then continue. (I don't know if this is just a really short version of rubber banding). At first I thought this might be system performance related, but it does the same thing even if I put all settings to low (Specs: i5-2400; 560 Ti; Win 7 64 bit; 8GB memory).

All of the above occurs no matter what the latency is.
Community Manager
I am using this thread to gather feedback on the Aus/NZ playability of the game for some players and this is valuable info.

Quick question for those who are following this thread. Are the same issues, i.e. rubber banding, mini spikes etc as predominant during the day when more US players are on, or in the evening after say 6pm AEST?

So essentially I am asking, is there a difference in playability in general dependent on the time you play?
Edited by Arcagnion on 7/12/2012 6:56 PM PDT
90 Gnome Warrior
I am using this thread to gather feedback on the Aus/NZ playability of the game for some players and this is valuable info.

Quick question for those who are following this thread. Are the same issues, i.e. rubber banding, mini spikes etc as predominant during the day when more US players are on, or in the evening after say 6pm AEST?

So essentially I am asking, is there a difference in playability in general dependent on the time you play?

Unfortunately not for me and a friend I play with. I sometimes play during the day alone and experience the rubber banding and occasional spikes, and when he is on in the evenings we experience the rubber banding and spikes at the same times.

I've noticed no difference in the frequency of the issues at the different times I play. The rubber banding doesn't cause any drop in latency, however the spikes sometimes do depending on the severity. That said, I only ever experience drops in latency when the spikes occur. Logging in is always green for me.
Edited by Nudge#1583 on 7/12/2012 7:29 PM PDT
The only times I play during the day AEST are on the weekend. I'd say that latency is USUALLY a tad higher on weekend during the day AEST for me, though the rubber banding, mini spikes, pauses etc... are prevalent always. Will post back after this weekend, though.
When I first get into a game, pings start out in the red and can take up to 15-20 seconds to get into the green. Once I hit green, I usually stay around the 250ms mark, with occasional "orange" spikes.

However, no matter what my latency is, there always exists:

* Frequent rubber banding (experienced at least once every 5 minutes or so).
* Occasional random "pauses", where the screen freezes; Sometimes I can move, sometimes I can't, but everything else doesn't move. This can last for 5 - 20 seconds, after which the screen catches up in time, fast forwarding to the present, and I get to watch the last 20 seconds in super fast motion!! :) Funny... but not so much in inferno when you're up against champion groups, just spamming buttons hoping you don't die.
* Very frequent "mini pauses". Meaning while moving the screen will pause for a fraction of a second, then continue. (I don't know if this is just a really short version of rubber banding). At first I thought this might be system performance related, but it does the same thing even if I put all settings to low

This is exactly what happens to me but exchange the 250ms for 300+.
I don't know whether the time of day has any effect on my latency, due to usually only really playing at night.
Although when I have played during the day I've noticed no real difference in my latency.
Edited by Dyabolik#6727 on 7/12/2012 10:25 PM PDT

Hi arc. I think it does get a fraction worse on US peak time, but the latency problem persist through the whole time. As you may have read in other thread, the latency meter in game seems broken as it no longer represent what we feel the ping is in game. The bar may be green and we get rubberbanding and delays in skill. The bar may be yellow and i got frozen on the spot for 10-15 seconds. And these can happen even at night time local time ,not just US peak. It may play ok for a few minutes here and there (bar showing 240 ms but yeh bar no longer working properly), but at best times it is still impossible to dodge mortars or dececrate......
The other thing that might not be related to latency is a sudden increase in graphic requirement at patch 1.0.3...... on that patch i had to drop my graphic which was playing fine with no stuttering at all high, to all setting drop to low just for a barely acceptable play through. I know this might not be related to the latency, but cant be bothered writting a new thread on it. :)
Region in Aus/NZ: Australia NSW Sydney
ISP Name: TPG
Connection Type: ADSL2+
Latency Range in game: 230 -1600
Average Latency:230 (constant rubber banding for the last 2 weeks)

This is beyond words, I'm speechless... A game that demands players to be online to play, while you guys can not provide the adequate service for players to play online. I'm still playing this game due to nostalgic values from Diablo II and this game is also my last purchase from Blizzard
Got a couple of hours in this weekend. Played from 1:30am - 2:30am (AEST) on Sunday morning and 17:30 - 18:30 Sunday evening. Both times play experience was the same.

* Enter game - latency is red, 2-3 seconds later, yellow, 5-10 seconds later, green. Then it stays in the green (around 250-280ms), with random, occasional spikes to yellow (every 15-20 minutes or so). Though the spike does not usually last long (less than 20 seconds).

* Rubber banding occurs frequently. More so when I first enter a game (once every 10-20 seconds).. then "stables" out to around once every few minutes. This puts you back a few paces on screen.

* Less frequently, though more annoying than rubber banding, is the "pause"!! :) The pause can last one second, or 10-20 (higher latency usually = longer pauses). This is results in a couple of different experiences:

1) The whole screen freezes.... Then you are fast forwarded to real time (like it has synced up) - usually you are fast forwarded to your death, but not always (depends if you're up against a champ/elite group or not)
2) The whole screen freezes, EXCEPT your character... So you will be running around attacking enemies that aren't moving! The sounds of you attacking is all you hear through the speakers! This is lol... But you still end up being fast forwarded as it synch's up.
3) The whole screen freezes, but sound still works. So you can't move, you keep clicking away and hitting 1,2,3,4, Q... :) And you can hear the attacks and healing happening, and are just hoping you stay alive. Again, you will be fast forwarded to real time where you're enemies will be in a different formation etc.. around you.
Region in Aus/NZ: NSW, Sydney
ISP Name: Telstra
Connection Type: ADSL2+ 12+ MPS
Latency Range in game: 400-2000+
Average Latency: 700ish
http://i.imgur.com/APKwW.jpg
Out of 5 Australian rl mates that tarted playing around release, I'm the only one left. The others left exclusively due to the latency issues.
It hasn't gotten much better and I find it even worse during peak period US times. 100% of times I play I experience rubber banding, the freezes and lag spikes mentioned by those above.
I'd say AT LEAST 50% of my deaths are latency related due to a spike or a rubber banding/freeze leaving me in a pool of death.
I love the game, but why make it compulsory to play online when you can't provide a reasonable/stable online environment?
Surely the number of people who requested refunds are evidence of how terrible it is?
I hung around ho
*hung around hoping it would be fixed/resolved/reduced
it hasn't been
Region - Perth, WA
ISP - Big pond (telstra)
Connection type - ADSL (3mbit)
Latency - 255ms - 330ms (with spikes of up to 1200ms)
Ave Latency - 275ms
Region in Aus/NZ: Malaysia
ISP Name: TMnet
Connection Type: i.e (ADSL) ADSL 2
Latency Range in game: 300-900
Average Latency: 500
The past 3 days has been as bad as it has ever been. After brief improvement the previous 2 weeks, this is absolutely unplayable now with total screen tearing and spikes of 2000ms + and an average of 800ms most of the time.

I have a cable connection (optus) from capital city (Sydney). Traceroute attached. Starcraft 2 is fine.

Tracing route to 12.129.209.68 over a maximum of 30 hops
1 2 ms 1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 6 ms 7 ms 7 ms 10.71.0.1
3 11 ms 8 ms 7 ms bla1-ge0-0-2.gw.optusnet.com.au [198.142.192.185]
4 7 ms 10 ms 11 ms bla5-ge5-0.gw.optusnet.com.au [211.29.125.245]
5 165 ms 163 ms 166 ms 203.208.131.57
6 163 ms 163 ms 163 ms las-b3-link.telia.net [80.239.167.193]
7 162 ms 165 ms 166 ms las-bb1-link.telia.net [213.155.134.76]
8 163 ms 163 ms 163 ms att-ic-153025-las-bb1.c.telia.net [80.239.193.214]
9 168 ms 165 ms 167 ms cr1.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.123.30.6]
10 233 ms 162 ms 168 ms gar29.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.129.241]
11 166 ms 164 ms 170 ms 12-122-254-234.attens.net [12.122.254.234]
12 164 ms 165 ms 165 ms mdf001c7613r0003-gig-12-1.lax1.attens.net [12.129.193.254]
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

EDIT: In response to the time of play, normally yes, it is better in non-peak US times, but again, last 3-4 days has been unplayable at all times of day, cannot go more than 2 minutes without a game-breaking lag spike and death (on inferno anyway). To give you a feel - literally 20 seconds of unresponsiveness - game looks totally frozen, then when it all catches up, you are looking at your sad little grave...
Edited by DarkSteve#1698 on 7/19/2012 7:19 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Warrior
SOS
Region - Sydney, NSW
ISP - Big pond (telstra)
Connection type - CABLE (30mbit)
Latency - 215ms - 450ms
Ave Latency - 300ms
Edited by corion#1729 on 7/20/2012 12:38 AM PDT
85 Undead Rogue
Region in Aus/NZ: New South Wales - Sydney
ISP Name: Internode
Connection Type: ADSL 2
Latency Range in game: 300 - 450 (with the odd spike to 1000+ every 5-15 minutes)
Average Latency: 350
Class: Demon Hunter
Number of hits before death: 1
Certainty of Lag Spike causing Death: 95%
Percentage of Earth's diameter between my PC and the Server: 50% +
Chances of Maintenance Occurring During Primetime: 100%
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]