Diablo® III

Further information required

(Locked)

Region in Aus/NZ: Melbourne - Australia
ISP Name: TPG
Connection Type: ADSL
Latency Range in game: 270-900, spikes of 1600+
Average Latency: 300-450

Due to the lag have experience from position A transfer to position b without a vaild reason.
Also this will be a big disadvantage in Hell/Inferno mode as i can't 100% control my own character.

When i play other games like COD/BF3/Dragon nest will not experience above issues
Edited by SamoSAMA#3137 on 5/21/2012 9:44 AM PDT
Was experiencing 500-1300 a couple of hours ago.

Now it is steady 200-300.

Playable. But it's 3am...
Region in Aus/NZ: Melbourne
Latency Range in game: 270-1000
Average Latency: 450

It's incredibly hard to dodge incoming attacks from enemies with 450ms ping. So far I have just been playing on normal and have been getting away with it. Soon enough I won't be able to play at all, because the high latency absolutely kills any sort of smooth gameplay experience that would be required on harder difficulties.

When playing with friends (also in melbourne), the latency does not improve or get worse. Stays the same.
Region in Aus/NZ: Melbourne
Latency Range in game: 250-800
Average Latency: 300

Always been able to cope with it, but any improvements would be awesome.
90 Dwarf Mage
Region in Aus/NZ: Brisbane
ISP Name: Optus
Connection Type: ADLS2
Latency Range in game: 180- 500 with spikes of 1500+
Average Latency: 350
90 Night Elf Hunter
05/21/2012 12:46 AMPosted by Muraza
Also I want to say thank you for being patient as we work to improve latency for Aus/NZ players.

What of the US regions? Or will they get the scraps of everything, release and now fixes for the game since it is unplayable with the pings.

Everyone I know in the US is experiencing latency equally as high as those posted in this forum, even higher when playing in a group on higher difficulty levels. Why are we being ignored and why does the latency continue to get worse each day?
Maybe an Australian server? (i.e. NOT a SEA server, an AU/NZ server.)
We have to pay MORE than the U.S., for an inferior experience.

This is the sticking point for me. We're constantly price gouged on games, but to have a largely single player game unplayable (seriously, try dodging projectiles in the higher difficulties with our pings - you can't and you die.) due to network restrictions is a joke.

Give us a server - I'm sure somewhere in your billion dollars of profit you can afford one. Hell, EA could manage 3. Failing that, give us an OFFLINE MODE!
I don't know how to check latency but yesterday while playing at my mate's house. I encounter many rubber-banding during the play. He use Telstra Bigpond 10Mb., cable perhaps. I did die few time because of this. And one time while I'm about to kill boss...
Region in Aus/NZ: Aus
ISP Name: Telstra
Connection Type: ADSL2+
Latency Range in game: 300-1300
Average Latency: 400
05/21/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Tularian

What of the US regions? Or will they get the scraps of everything, release and now fixes for the game since it is unplayable with the pings.

Everyone I know in the US is experiencing latency equally as high as those posted in this forum, even higher when playing in a group on higher difficulty levels. Why are we being ignored and why does the latency continue to get worse each day?

I'm sure it's not everyone, I haven't seen one live steam with anything under green. Go start a thread in your own forum if you want to be addressed. You guys have it fine.
Region in ANZ: Dunedin, NZ
ISP name: Orcon
Connection type: ADSL2
Latency range in-game: 350 - 800
Average Latency: 400
85 Draenei Shaman
Region in Aus/NZ: Sydney/NSW/Australia
Connection Type: i.e (ADSL): ADSL2+
Latency Range in game: 250-1000 (bad spikes during game play for the last few nights)
Average Latency: 350

I was in Beta and I gotta say I was getting much better Latency then and on Launch day after that it has gone to hell well maybe inferno.
Edited by Gomez#6374 on 5/21/2012 9:17 PM PDT
Region in Aus/NZ: Gold Coast (Brisbane)
ISP Name: Onthenet
Connection Type: i.e (ADSL): ADSL2+ ~10MBit
Latency Range in game: 290-500 (not getting the bad spikes so much, but then haven't played alot)
Average Latency: 300 in US off-peak, 450 US Peak
Region in Aus/NZ: Wellington
ISP Name: Slingshot
Type: i.e (ADSL): ADSL2+
Latency Range in game: During the day 350 - 800, After 7pm NZ time 150-200
Region in Aus/NZ: Sydney
ISP Name: Optus
Connection Type: Optus Cable
Latency Range in game: 200 - 1500
Average Latency: 500

Launch day was fine but has degraded last few nights, spikes up to 1500
Region in Aus/NZ: Adelaide
ISP Name: Adam
Type: ADSL
Latency Range in game: Between 250 and over a thousand. Averages around 450. On launch I was averaging 250.
Region in Aus/NZ:Sunshine Coast Queensland
Connection Type: ADSL2
Latency Range in game: 450 -1500
Average Latency: 600

I get a lot of rubber banding which makes it hard as every body in this tread knows
Region in Aus/NZ: Wide Bay, Queensland, Australia
ISP Name: Exetel
Connection Type: ADSL2+
Latency Range in game: 230-700, spikes of 1500+
Average Latency: Probably about 400ms
Region in Aus/NZ: Canberra
Latency Range in game: 450-1000
Average Latency: 500

Unplayable in the evening.
85 Human Death Knight
Region in Aus/NZ: Victoria
ISP Name: iiNet
Connection Type: ADSL2
Latency Range in game: 200 - 700
Average Latency: 300 - 400

My latancy jumps around so much it's hard to keep track of what the average would be.
Edited by DireWolf#1957 on 5/21/2012 5:31 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]