Diablo® III

rare unidentified ring!!!!!

so i found this unidentified ring and i cant wear it untill i identify it. so how do i get it identified?
Reply Quote
wow i feel stupid thanks
Reply Quote
13 Worgen Druid
Don't you at least were not afraid to ask.
Reply Quote
So what is the point of the identifying process. seems redundant.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
I had the same exact question the first time I got a rare. Was too easy, but I agree why not remove that requirement since they removed the scrolls of town portal and identify?
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Wasichu
So what is the point of the identifying process. seems redundant.

I agree, doesn't really make much sense to me....
Reply Quote
There's no real practical way of testing this but what if you have a set of magic find back at town, get a rare, go back and put the MF gear on. Does it get better? Just wondering if maybe that's one mechanic that would make it so you'd want them not ID'd until you were ready.
Reply Quote
Pretty sure it's to make items unique. Instead of you always getting "Ring of the awesome" from a certain mob or boss the ID'd process makes it so RNG takes a roll making items more random and exciting!

Or so I assume.
Reply Quote
05/21/2012 01:18 PMPosted by stoastyd
There's no real practical way of testing this but what if you have a set of magic find back at town, get a rare, go back and put the MF gear on. Does it get better? Just wondering if maybe that's one mechanic that would make it so you'd want them not ID'd until you were ready.

Item stat generation does not work that way as far as I understand. The item is pre-formed when it is dropped, and the unidentified nature is just a lil' hankerchief concealing that from you.

I don't believe Magic Find actually aids in the stats of any item, be it grey, white, blue, yellow, or orange. All it does is increase the chance of a higher quality item dropping in the first place.
Reply Quote
Its for AH most likely, you can sell Rare unidentified for different price point, leaving it a gamble for the buyer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]