Diablo® III

Level 28 Wizard Build?

Is this a good build?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UiQcXg!Yc!aaaaaa

i'm mild kiter but also get close for some power blasts etc...

plz no trashing thread.... bit noobish... hope to hear some good wizards thoughts..

obviously looking for good protection as well as strong dps
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
I"m only at lvl 31, but for my money the teleport is largely useless because you can't really repeat it. One shot isn't really that far away. The electrocute (and most other free spells) don't go far enough or accurately enough for me. I just use magic missle with the split rune and I can hit stuff off the screen for extra damage. Throw a hydra at the edge and then a bunch of magic missles, then whatever straggles in gets an arcane orb.

When you get to 30 and get archon, that would go into the #4 slot. It's the "break in case of emergency" weapon. Whatever is left on screen should die when you fire up that spell.

I don't use diamond skin or slow time as I'd rather use the frost to freeze enemies (to allow me time to run or to give them a couple orbs while they are close) and then I'm using either hydra or Force wind. A good combo is cold frost, wind force, then charge explode and it'll go off about the time enemies start walking back into you.

As for your passive skills, I'm with you on glass cannon, but I chose blur over the others. A 20% increase in being missed seemed like a better gain than anything else. When I got my 3rd passive spell, I added prodigy so I could get AP back faster with my free spell. Don't know if it's right or not at this point.

Most of my equipment is +Int and + Vit so i can take a hit or two while I'm dishing it out. The downside to frost nova is you have to get in close to cast it.

Just my 2 cents.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]