Diablo® III

Will Dashing Strike be tweaked?

Quickly dash at the targeted enemy or location...

I have one beef with this skill. If I target an enemy I travel a full screen over to them. However, if I target the ground I move about two body lengths in that direction and then stop for a moment. Is it a balance issue or a bug? Am I doing something wrong?
Reply Quote
I think the spell is only supposed to work when you have a legit target to dash to.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 06:16 AMPosted by Fist
I think the spell is only supposed to work when you have a legit target to dash to.

05/22/2012 06:13 AMPosted by Nighteyes
Quickly dash at the targeted enemy or location...

Quickly dash at the targeted ... location...

Quickly dash at the ... location...

dash

If that's the case, they need to change the tooltip.

Still useful, but not as awesome as I had hoped it would be without a target.
Reply Quote
Same thing with quickening...

Tooltip would imply its off of ANY crit... not just the ability.

I don't mind that they changed it, just need the tooltip to correctly reflect its effect/s.

Little bit different, imo.

With quickening being a rune of an ability in a design where runes enhance the specific ability their attached to, it's easy to argue that the tooltip was fine for the ability. Obviously, with the confusion that came about, it's easy to argue that it was unclear, but I think more than a few people were just trying to justify the use of a bug.

With dashing strike, the base ability tooltip is what is misleading.

So, same idea, slightly different reasoning.
Edited by Sheevah#1353 on 5/22/2012 6:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]