Diablo® III

inferno #@%%d by AOE

I really get **%!d by aoe's like mortar, molten etc. How can I avoid getting in the aoe while dealing damage? I want to get up melee but I can't do it because I will get aoe'd to death.
Reply Quote
Learn how to use hit and run tactics with Sweeping Wind.

Not much else you can do before you drastically overgear whichever act you're in.
Reply Quote
Mortar can be avoided by staying close to the mob. It's easy for a monk. It's like THE ONLY affix that punishes range characters more than melee. It's a problem if the mob base type is a runner or a ranged attacker, but that can be dealt with.

With molten you want to stay in front of the mob. (Fire chains is much worse IMO because the mobs seem coded to run AROUND you when they get near)

Armor and resists help, but don't count on it making them easy.

If you get a combination that has a ground effect in addition lots of CC (Wall, freeze, jail, illusion) be prepared for a very long fight and potentially a lot of deaths.
Reply Quote
Plague makes me /sadpand.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 01:10 PMPosted by RadWeevil
It's like THE ONLY affix that punishes range characters more than melee.
Anti Caster Affixes: Mortar

Anti Melee Affixes: Plagued, Arcane Enchanted, Fire Chains, Molten...

Anti Monk Affix: Shielding - it screws your spirit regeneration

Casters are a lot easier to play already, and the number of affixes working against casters is a lot lower... really well balanced.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Kaesebrezen
It's like THE ONLY affix that punishes range characters more than melee.
Anti Caster Affixes: Mortar

Anti Melee Affixes: Plagued, Arcane Enchanted, Fire Chains, Molten...

Anti Monk Affix: Shielding - it screws your spirit regeneration

Casters are a lot easier to play already, and the number of affixes working against casters is a lot lower... really well balanced.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the shielding/invuln. I just remake a game if I find those and I can't skip them. Too stupid to believe.
Reply Quote
Plagued and molten are pretty easy to deal with as a monk, frozen isn't too bad either. However once you throw in shield, invulnerable, arcane and if they're on hard mobs to begin with, I find it almost impossible to solo them. I generally have to skip certain groups or mobs, or just let my wizard friend run around and kite them with blizzard/hydra.

Experience: Act 1 inferno
Reply Quote
Is there a certain ammount of defence that will allow me to actually live through ground aoe ? I mean im at about 50%+ armor 60% resists and 25k health AND I drop dead in less than 2 seconds with fricken molten and desecration or a plague ... don't talk about cerenity plz 20 sec cd give me a break i get jailed/frozen 5+ times in that 20 sec window.
Also if it's just not ment to be what the other viable build/role i can do to actually not be useless in inferno ?
Reply Quote
Is there a certain ammount of defence that will allow me to actually live through ground aoe ? I mean im at about 50%+ armor 60% resists and 25k health AND I drop dead in less than 2 seconds with fricken molten and desecration or a plague ... don't talk about cerenity plz 20 sec cd give me a break i get jailed/frozen 5+ times in that 20 sec window.
Also if it's just not ment to be what the other viable build/role i can do to actually not be useless in inferno ?

Try making them do less damage. It's more effective.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]