Diablo® III

how to gear up for inferno

So im got to inferno mode for 2 days now. I had 400k gold and i spent 300k gold on gears that would boost my damage and life steal. But its not working out right now i am still so squishy ill die in 3hits.

So whats the best way to gear up right now. I heard that i need to stack lots of resists. But all the resists gears that adds 30+ too all elements cost at least like 200k each piece. I am only left with 100k right now.

my stats right now is:
str:1280
vit: 608
armor: 4338
health: 23065
damage:8659 (unbuffed)
life steal: 11.2%
life per kill:253

ps: i only want to be geared up enough to solo farm act 1 til i can get better gears for act 2.
Edited by Jababa#1610 on 5/22/2012 3:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Your gear is about half of what I have (except for dmg), you didn't metion your resists either.

I have trouble in A3 hell vs elites....so...good luck in inferno with your gear.

You will quickly see that all the people who are doing well in inferno got handed gear or they got lucky with getting good gear to go do it.
Reply Quote
even if you spend all 400k it wouldn't be enough

I'm currently sitting at 500 resist to all
and act 2 inferno is horrendous to get through.

If you check AH for any gear that add str/resist/vit
they go for more than 200k easily, per piece.

I think people don't realize that the only one that buys those gears are barbarians, and there aren't that many of us.

ps: don't bother with life steal, if you have to replace equipments, get rid of life steal first.
Edited by Enolate#1671 on 5/22/2012 3:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
if i roll with resists then how much do i need so that inferno act 1 will be like hell difficulty?

i have 121resists for physical, cold,fire, and lighting. 164 for poison and 181 for arcane.
Edited by Jababa#1610 on 5/22/2012 3:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Jababa
So whats the best way to gear up right now.

Do the hardest level content in which you can maintain 5 stacks of valor. For me thas act 3 hell, farm as much gold as you can and buy resist/vit/str gears from the AH.

Or if you believe the nay sayers, the more efficient way seems to be to have a ranged class farm it and transfer it.
Reply Quote
alright thank you guys, but whats the recommended resists to have for inferno act 1 and doesnt require super gears just avg gears or something.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 03:54 PMPosted by Jababa
alright thank you guys, but whats the recommended resists to have for inferno act 1 and doesnt require super gears just avg gears or something.

depend on skill and your damage, many can beat it with 200 ressit to all.

It's not much harder than act 4 Hell.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Enolate

depend on skill and your damage, many can beat it with 200 ressit to all.

It's not much harder than act 4 Hell.

i can go through hell act 4 pretty easy but inferno act 1 is like a total diff story. Anyways thanks i guess its 200resist before my shout increase.
Reply Quote
Your vitality stat is nowhere near enough i would say, but then again im still only in NM atm :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]