Diablo® III

Confirmed: Force Armor nerfed

85 Human Paladin
Just tested extensively on the US server, inferno, with ~8k health.

Very heavy hits will ignore force armor, normal hits still blocked.

Good luck getting a new gear set while being effectively naked :P
Reply Quote
69 Orc Warrior
05/23/2012 02:32 AMPosted by Balian

What do you mean by this? Is it attacks that use a specific animation that indicates it hits hard, or just any attack that deals x damage or more? Do you know?
Reply Quote
Does it have an internal cooldown now or was those reports false?
Reply Quote
The nerf was expected, but i'm getting 1-shotted with diamond skin on too.

11k damage vs my diamond skin with the rune that raises how much you can absorb.

Seems like in the effort to fix this issue, they might have messed with diamond skin as well.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
05/23/2012 02:34 AMPosted by Snapchop

What do you mean by this? Is it attacks that use a specific animation that indicates it hits hard, or just any attack that deals x damage or more? Do you know?

Act one in the field u have the beasts that charge you for one enormous hit.

Not blocked.

Pig peoples slow ax hits.

Blocked.

Now i have 8k health not 4k, so I assume if you have 4k your just screwed.
Reply Quote
still running with 4721 hp and yes it still working against belial
but i was testing in hell

seriously
Edited by Harusame#1590 on 5/23/2012 2:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
What does "very heavy hits" actually mean?
Reply Quote
would really like to know exact formula, seems like your max hp base now affects what hits will be under influence of force armor, i do like that idea... but... not sure how force armor will perform on ppl in act2 inferno with base like 20k hp?
Reply Quote

Good. But without proof from Blizzard your words are not true at 100 %.
Reply Quote
to anyone who need confirmation
just test it your self on Belial single player

took only at most 10 minutes and see yourself

it is still working as always, no change

oh btw i just tested on savage beast inferno (the charging act 1 mob)
it hit still -35% my hp
Edited by Harusame#1590 on 5/23/2012 3:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I solo'd Inferno belial and most of act 3 a couple hours ago and noticed no change at all?

That's with a 0 vit (4710 HP) build, standard force armor.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Take this into consideration.

Maybe Blizzard doesn't want you to have really low health pools.

Maybe Blizzard is trying to fix the issue.

Maybe said fix involves reducing the damage taken to 35% but only if the damage taken isn't more than your maximum health pool.

Let's say above changes are true.

Let's also say I have 35k HP.

Now let's say you take a "Hard" hit for 10,000 damage. Easily mitigated with 35,000 HP.

Now let's do some math.

35% of 35,000 HP is 12250. Since 12250 HP since the 10,000 damage hit is less than 35% the rune doesn't work and you take 10,000 damage.

Let's say the hit is instead 20,000 damage. The damage taken will only be 12250.

Sounds pretty much like how it works now right?

Well let's say you had 5k HP.

35% of 5,000 is 1750. So with a 10,000 Hit you should only take 1750 right?

Well, if the change is to only negate the damage if you could have survived it in the first place then you will take 10,000 damage and die.

Sounds like a better use of the mechanic IMO.
Reply Quote
imo, i only thought force armor was only useful for bosses lol

your pretty screwed if a wave of mobs can hit you for more than 35% of your health anyways

which is what i think blizz is trying to fix
Reply Quote

Maybe said fix involves reducing the damage taken to 35% but only if the damage taken isn't more than your maximum health pool.

Now let's say you take a "Hard" hit for 10,000 damage. Easily mitigated with 35,000 HP.

Now let's do some math.

35% of 35,000 HP is 12250. Since 12250 HP since the 10,000 damage hit is less than 35% the rune doesn't work and you take 10,000 damage.

Let's say the hit is instead 20,000 damage. The damage taken will only be 12250.

Well, if the change is to only negate the damage if you could have survived it in the first place then you will take 10,000 damage and die.

I get what youre trying to say vader, but if they implement that system than it effectively changes the skill to "Damage between 35-100% of your life." Also, I've been reading that even barbs get one-shotted in inferno so none of us squishes are gonna be able to survive without some major buffs.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest

i've been doing butcher runs for the past 3 hours.. i havn't had a single instance where force armor hasnt worked. I tested with both 4721 hp and 18k+, both work just as they did before
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock

Now let's do some math.

I get what youre trying to say vader, but if they implement that system than it effectively changes the skill to "Damage between 35-100% of your life." Also, I've been reading that even barbs get one-shotted in inferno so none of us squishes are gonna be able to survive without some major buffs.

Even then... you'd have to agree that having a 4721 HP pool is not how the game was designed to be played...

It's a great rune. It shouldn't be the "one ring" of all runes though.
Reply Quote

Now let's do some math.

then the barbs player is gimped and/or he doesnt know how to play his class
i've played with barbarian players who walk around inferno like no problem

they can even tank champion packs for a while too
Reply Quote
Edited by Haragan#6831 on 12/13/2012 6:33 PM PST
Reply Quote

they can even tank champion packs for a while too

I have a barb on act2 inferno and yeah we can tank Act1 packs np but the Act2 packs still rip us apart in 1-2 hits.
Edited by Ractoon#1524 on 5/23/2012 3:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Pic or it didnt happen. And dont tell me he farms act 1. Any Barb can farm ac1 inferno but in act 2 you get instagib.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]