Diablo® III

Confirmed: Force Armor nerfed

Well i played like 2 hours in inferno's first act now, tried to do Butcher and it seems this skill is now just chance based. I fought Butcher like 10 times and with power armor on he sometimes hits for 35% with his aoe chains (which normaly does like 30-40k dmg and i have 6k life pool) and sometimes he just one-hitted me. Same with elites, sometimes power armor looks fine sometimes i get one-hitted by the same mob. So my conclusion is that it's chance based now but i may be wrong. Anyway its broken now, cause i cant count on chances that ill survive ;) Good news is that critical mass isn't nerfed so still with crit build you can survive a lot, but need to have some hp pool . Good that i kept my +vit stuff.
Reply Quote
This change would be totally fine if stacking resists to high heaven actually mitigated !@#$ at all in inferno.
(it doesn't)
Edited by Diaz#1818 on 5/23/2012 3:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
yes act 1 is tankable
any classes will be instagib if exposed to champ packs act2

i dont see any point gimping wizard by QQing that barbarian get instagib in act2 inferno?
Reply Quote
Don't have to worry about being naked to get a new gear set...we have the AH.
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 03:23 AMPosted by Nosfe
i've been doing butcher runs for the past 3 hours.. i havn't had a single instance where force armor hasnt worked. I tested with both 4721 hp and 18k+, both work just as they did before

I've been doing act 1 also and everything seems the same, but I go to try and fight Iskatu and I get 1 shotted whereas this morning I was farming him too. They must have changed something, it's a shame we can't get some patch notes.
Reply Quote
Take this into consideration.

Maybe Blizzard doesn't want you to have really low health pools.

What blizzard wants is irrelevant to how the game will progress. They have no say as to what players will do to tools given to them.

Also, you're pretty zealous about nerfing this force armor thing as I recognize your tag.
Reply Quote
Playing right now, just killed balial, I wasn't 1 shot.

http://www.twitch.tv/brutalitygaming/b/319098203

Sorry, servers are restarting in 40 minutes, we'll see if there is a "HOTFIX" on force armor.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Take this into consideration.

Maybe Blizzard doesn't want you to have really low health pools.

What blizzard wants is irrelevant to how the game will progress. They have no say as to what players will do to tools given to them.

Also, you're pretty zealous about nerfing this force armor thing as I recognize your tag.

It was promised that all builds would be viable. Jay Wilson said himself that if one ability / build is overused something will be done about it.

I expect not to be disappointed.

It took years for Blizzard to finally realize that the talent system for WoW was going to be forever unbalanced and broken so they implemented something that's much more rewarding to the player in MoP.

I don't want to be pigeonholed into a stupid build that feels broken and unbalance.
Reply Quote
Only thing I noticed is my health regens slower, same ticks but the ticks occur at a slower rate.
Reply Quote
then the barbs player is gimped and/or he doesnt know how to play his class
i've played with barbarian players who walk around inferno like no problem

Pic or it didnt happen. And dont tell me he farms act 1. Any Barb can farm ac1 inferno but in act 2 you get instagib.

not the best video of a barb cause it in act 1 but it a example how barbs are more gear dependent.... But once geared they're crazy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDSPXz8gVKo&list=UUeBMccz-PDZf6OB4aV6a3eA&index=1&feature=plcp
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest

i've been doing butcher runs for the past 3 hours.. i havn't had a single instance where force armor hasnt worked. I tested with both 4721 hp and 18k+, both work just as they did before

okay on Act 2 now and im getting 1 shotted
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
My server got restarted... I got one shotted even with diamond skin on. Tried stacking resist had around 50% still getting one shotted.
Reply Quote
Yeah you got that right, the force armor is nerfed.

Just went in Act 1, Fields of Misery, indeed, Misery to me. 1 hit and i'm down.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
i honestly dont mind it if this is an actual nerf

i just want blizzard to actually communicate to the players and tell us what the !@#$ is going on

they've been piss poor at informing the players as to what is happening with changes / bugs
Edited by Recluse#6779 on 5/23/2012 4:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yep just started getting one shot, hopefully it's fixed after reboot like yesterday.
Reply Quote
ok i dont get it
wat if the mob hit me is lower then 35% of my heath dose that mean the forse armor will take 35% anyway ?
Reply Quote
ok i dont get it
wat if the mob hit me is lower then 35% of my heath dose that mean the forse armor will take 35% anyway ?

No. If the damage from the mob is greater than 35% of your hp, it will be reduced.

However, GL finding a mob in inferno that hits for less that 1.6k hp :D
Reply Quote
In Act 3 inferno, everything one-shots me now with force armor up.
Reply Quote
Extremely lame fix. The only problem with this was that the diamond armor's CD could be decreased with your passive, the force armor itself was perfectly fine. Tested in Act 1 and Force Armor and everything else was working perfectly fine. Went to Act 2 and everything one shots you even with Diamond Armor on.
Edited by BDtetra#1188 on 5/23/2012 4:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]