Diablo® III

Confirmed: Force Armor nerfed

05/23/2012 05:56 AMPosted by Smeagle
this is !@#$ing bullish.. blizzard change the tooltips when u change game spells so we kno.... u have hardcore characters that have no idea you broke there spell now they are gonna go outside and just die first mob that hits them... do you have any idea how frustrating it is to spend 70 hours pouring your heart and soul into something just to have it destroyed cause u guys can't spend 2 seconds posting on the forums or letting us know

damn forgot about the HC crowd, condoleances man, ye they !@#$ed up but i THINK you can ticket a char reroll based on the fact that it was a stealth change (we get a limited number of rerolls tho i dono if it applys to hardcore chars)
Reply Quote
The only instance i see this is when a charger charged at me. That is not 1 hit. A charge is multiple hits hitting you very very quickly. It will kill you

Some mobs seem like they're 1 shotting you but most likely they're using attacks that actually look or seem like 1 hit but are hitting multiple times.

Also the build isn't perfect.. No where near it. It can die easily.

Just wait for blizz.. these threads about this skill are getting annoying.. I just want to read about peoples time being a wizard and how they're doing.
Reply Quote
yea the fact they haven't said anything is BS
Reply Quote
Take this into consideration.

Maybe Blizzard doesn't want you to have really low health pools.

Maybe Blizzard is trying to fix the issue.

Maybe said fix involves reducing the damage taken to 35% but only if the damage taken isn't more than your maximum health pool.

Let's say above changes are true.

Let's also say I have 35k HP.

Now let's say you take a "Hard" hit for 10,000 damage. Easily mitigated with 35,000 HP.

Now let's do some math.

35% of 35,000 HP is 12250. Since 12250 HP since the 10,000 damage hit is less than 35% the rune doesn't work and you take 10,000 damage.

Let's say the hit is instead 20,000 damage. The damage taken will only be 12250.

Sounds pretty much like how it works now right?

Well let's say you had 5k HP.

35% of 5,000 is 1750. So with a 10,000 Hit you should only take 1750 right?

Well, if the change is to only negate the damage if you could have survived it in the first place then you will take 10,000 damage and die.

Sounds like a better use of the mechanic IMO.

Lets say mobs in inferno hit for 58k, because they do, in Act 4.
Edited by Falcon#2973 on 5/23/2012 6:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I am fairly sure it is nerfed, since I am repeating the same content I did earlier and it is now impossible one hit from anything and I am dead. I am doing Act 2 Inferno and it is now impossible with wizard. I dont know how much vitality I will have to have to survive these mobs but I dont think it is possible to progress with wizard in inferno with this adjustment . As far as I can see you will just be one shotted by everything even if you have 30k vitality. Anyhow running about kiting mobs for hours on end is not my idea of fun and if they want to suddenly fundamentaly change the way wizards work and break the class then I cant be bothered. WHY DIDNT YOU MAKE THE BOSSES HARDER AND THE TRASH EASIER??
Edited by BlueDevil#2370 on 5/23/2012 6:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Take this into consideration.

Maybe Blizzard doesn't want you to have really low health pools.

Maybe Blizzard is trying to fix the issue.

Maybe said fix involves reducing the damage taken to 35% but only if the damage taken isn't more than your maximum health pool.

Let's say above changes are true.

Let's also say I have 35k HP.

Now let's say you take a "Hard" hit for 10,000 damage. Easily mitigated with 35,000 HP.

Now let's do some math.

35% of 35,000 HP is 12250. Since 12250 HP since the 10,000 damage hit is less than 35% the rune doesn't work and you take 10,000 damage.

Let's say the hit is instead 20,000 damage. The damage taken will only be 12250.

Sounds pretty much like how it works now right?

Well let's say you had 5k HP.

35% of 5,000 is 1750. So with a 10,000 Hit you should only take 1750 right?

Well, if the change is to only negate the damage if you could have survived it in the first place then you will take 10,000 damage and die.

Sounds like a better use of the mechanic IMO.

Lets say mobs in inferno hit for 58k, because they do, in Act 4.

If that's true then the problem lies with the tuning of the content. Either that or you just haven't seen enough gear to get you to 100k Life or more... It's probably just because you don't have the gear. But what am I saying, that's a terrible idea.

Seriously go look at the AH and search for items with 200 or more vitality on them. You'll find quite a few.

Hell, even if you had all 13 slots decked out with a minimum of 150 (I checked the AH. They exist.) you're looking at 78,234 life. That's not taking into account that there's items with even more vitality than that on them, some even reaching upwards of 230 or more.

So let's look at the math.

If you equipped all 13 slots with at least 150 vitality you're looking at 150 * 13 = 1950. Since each point of life gives you 34 vitality that would be 66300 life. That's more than 58k meaning force armor would be useful at that point.

So let's take this even further... Let's give yourself a helm with a gem socket. Now let's slap a Radiant Star Amethyst in there. That's an extra 18% life.

So if I take 66300 * 1.18 I get 78234 for a low end health pool.

Now let's say my average vitality is more like 200 per item.

That's 200 * 13 * 34 = 88400 health without a gem and 88400 * 1.18 = 104312 Vitality with a gem.

Don't believe me? Look at the AH and search by vitality with a minimum rating of 150. I assure you that you will find AT LEAST one item with that much health on it. Now considering these are all Blues and Yellows and not Oranges the Legendary items will probably have even more.

Seriously, take the time to think about it. Vitality is the way to go in inferno end game.
Reply Quote
Yea lets stack 150+ vitality and nerf our damage so we have to kite for 20mins on trash mobs, not to mention that kind of gear sells on AH for like 2million + gold.
Reply Quote
The nerf was expected, but i'm getting 1-shotted with diamond skin on too.

11k damage vs my diamond skin with the rune that raises how much you can absorb.

Seems like in the effort to fix this issue, they might have messed with diamond skin as well.

That's because 11k damage is more than double your HP. While I don't agree with the bandaid coding fix... quit the gimmick and get some HP already. Srsly.
Edited by qbert#1174 on 5/23/2012 7:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
can someone confirm if this Force Armr Nerf is limited to Inferno...

or does it apply to all difficulties...

cause if its the latter... damn... this sucks.
Reply Quote

cause if its the latter... damn... this sucks.

Who ever used Force Armor before Inferno? Almost nothing ever hit hard enough before Inferno to make Force Armor ever worth it...

besides, it's a level 54 rune ... what low difficulties are you worried about at 54?
Edited by qbert#1174 on 5/23/2012 7:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 03:39 AMPosted by Lasq
Well i played like 2 hours in inferno's first act now, tried to do Butcher and it seems this skill is now just chance based. I fought Butcher like 10 times and with power armor on he sometimes hits for 35% with his aoe chains (which normaly does like 30-40k dmg and i have 6k life pool) and sometimes he just one-hitted me. Same with elites, sometimes power armor looks fine sometimes i get one-hitted by the same mob. So my conclusion is that it's chance based now but i may be wrong. Anyway its broken now, cause i cant count on chances that ill survive ;) Good news is that critical mass isn't nerfed so still with crit build you can survive a lot, but need to have some hp pool . Good that i kept my +vit stuff.

If u think that crit mass will save you from inferno act2 onwards you are so wrong ;)
Sure, have a hp pool of say 35k, popp diamondskin for another 30k. 1 hit rips true diamondskin AND hp pool. The only way a wiz could survive in inferno was FA.
Facts are they nerfed wiz to scraps as it is now.

BUT as people are saying different things, I think they are fixing FA as we speak.
In a very close patch they will make it work, maybe not in the same way as before but they wont make it useless (atleast I hope not).
Reply Quote
Even with a 34k health 76% reduction setup still getting 1 shot even with energy armor, not only is energy armor now broken (or "fixed") My soul is also now broken. :(
Reply Quote
then the barbs player is gimped and/or he doesnt know how to play his class
i've played with barbarian players who walk around inferno like no problem

Pic or it didnt happen. And dont tell me he farms act 1. Any Barb can farm ac1 inferno but in act 2 you get instagib.

Kripparrian would like to have word with you xDD pulls 2 elite packs in a2 inferno without problems and aoes them down. (yes he has sick gear and better than most of the barbarians)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
05/23/2012 07:08 AMPosted by Fathom
Yea lets stack 150+ vitality and nerf our damage so we have to kite for 20mins on trash mobs, not to mention that kind of gear sells on AH for like 2million + gold.

Ok, let's ignore vitality completely and expect to win.

Oh wait...
Reply Quote
Am I the only person here who appreciates this game is actually hard and I die a lot? If it was as easy as D2 everyone would he bashing it for that. Great game blizz.
Reply Quote
kinda sucks..FA tested in act4 hell it works with 4k hp...
inferno act3 normal mob some shait spider hit me 64k with 4k hp
AKA normal mobs 1shot even with crystal shell
Edited by spunkki#1788 on 5/23/2012 7:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 07:31 AMPosted by Drothvader

Ok, let's ignore vitality completely and expect to win.

Oh wait...

people like you are why games official forums are aids.
Reply Quote
They might of just made the berserker type super attacks 1 shot anyone, the one where their hammer glows red and if they miss its stuck in the ground, as well as the fat guys with 2 maces in ACT 3. Considering they are easily dodgeable attacks, maybe its a way of making hell+inferno difficulty harder for everyone? I dno..
Reply Quote
this nerf was so fcking stupid... FA wasnt op never it was good -.- dying to dots so fast that u cant even react with pot/diamond skin this "nerf" or whatever fails so fcking hard blizz dont have any clue it seems
Reply Quote
This is wierd...few minutes ago i tried FA with 5.1k HP and it works in Inferno Act 2...
But 10minutes later it doest work anymore. Im not sure wat the heck is going on now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]