Diablo® III

Confirmed: Force Armor nerfed

90 Gnome Warlock
05/23/2012 07:43 AMPosted by tossu

Ok, let's ignore vitality completely and expect to win.

Oh wait...

people like you are why games official forums are aids.

Why, because I think that you should actually gear your toon with something in order to win?

Let's just get rid of gear altogether then and make everything the same difficulty. That will solve all of our "Problems"

You beat Act 1 with Hell gear. You beat Act 2 with Act 1 gear. You beat act 3 with Act 2 gear. You beat act 4 with Act 3 gear.

Why is that so hard to comprehend?
Reply Quote

Why, because I think that you should actually gear your toon with something in order to win?

Let's just get rid of gear altogether then and make everything the same difficulty. That will solve all of our "Problems"

You beat Act 1 with Hell gear. You beat Act 2 with Act 1 gear. You beat act 3 with Act 2 gear. You beat act 4 with Act 3 gear.

so mobs in act3 the spiders that appear in swarms like 20+ hit 64k for wizz with FA and 57% dmg reduce?
Edited by spunkki#1788 on 5/23/2012 7:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 07:31 AMPosted by Drothvader
Yea lets stack 150+ vitality and nerf our damage so we have to kite for 20mins on trash mobs, not to mention that kind of gear sells on AH for like 2million + gold.

Oh wait...

Whacky stuff (mana shield builds in D2, for example) like these were what were right about the Diablo franchise. If I wanted overhomogenized crap I would still be playing WoW.
Reply Quote
wow I am a wizard and I didn't even know what this exploit was until I had a buddy who plays a monk crying about his nerf.. now I see.. I have over 40,000 life. I don't think its fair for someone with 4000 life and massive health regen to be better than I am because of a mathematical insight. This nerf is needed. Learn to play the game properly and this nerf won't even affect you. I think that the change of if the hit doesn't 1 shot you, THEN apply the 35% makes perfect sense.
Reply Quote

Oh wait...

Whacky stuff (mana shield builds in D2, for example) like these were what were right about the Diablo franchise. If I wanted overhomogenized crap I would still be playing WoW.

troof

And lets be honest here, dying in 3-4 hits instead of 1-2 is not game breaking.
Edited by Hexxus#1912 on 5/23/2012 8:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
OF COURSE the Low Vitality High Regen build NEEDED to be nerfed, but nerfing Force Armor was the wrong way. There were plenty of other ways of changing it, without completely screwing over tons of people who used it in other builds. I don't care what you believe, stacking vitality will not make you survive longer. You can have 100k HP All you want, let me know when you break 20k damage with that, and without about 20k damage, rare mobs are GOING to enrage and then your HP will mean nothing. Act 2/3, 40k-70k Damage a hit, 100k HP, two mobs hit and you're dead. Force Armor ALLOWED us to survive THREE hits, Clearly that makes it OP as hell, clearly.

Like I said, it needed to be nerfed but to consider it an exploit or anything of the sort people are retarded. It wasn't "cheese" it was the ONLY way to be viable, period. (Outside of an actual 4 man group where you have someone tanking). Change Force Armor to cap at xxx Life Regen, and problem is solved.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
05/23/2012 07:48 AMPosted by spunkki
this nerf was so fcking stupid... FA wasnt op never it was good -.- dying to dots so fast that u cant even react with pot/diamond skin this "nerf" or whatever fails so fcking hard blizz dont have any clue it seems

sooooo much qq, i was quietly waiting for this nerf. Everyone should now reroll barb because clearly the wizard class is far too gimp to be a solid class.

With your ranged attacks and your spells, go melee you'll appreciate those mechanics much more!
Reply Quote
Checked all the other classes forum...

seems like DH had some nerfs too... monks as well.

anyway... there's too much nerfing going on.

why do we get all this nerf instead of boosting all those classes that are QQ-ing.

also we need an official update on hot fixes...
not something they just do out of the blue without informing the community beforehand.
Reply Quote
For me (EU) server, force armor doesn't work at all in act II and act III inferno (haven't gotten to act IV yet), but works exactly the same in act I and hell difficulty act IV. Whatever they tried to do it doesn't quite work as intended.
Reply Quote
this is just .......... where can u see the notes on the nerfs ?
Reply Quote
I don't get to play until late at night, so I hope all this BS has been resolved. I haven't go to try out my Wizard, but if the build I just spent the last week building up got nerfed, I think I will be done with this game.

Nerfing anything is stupid. They need to buff other classes, not nerf classes that can find a way to make things semi work.
Reply Quote
Take this into consideration.

Maybe Blizzard doesn't want you to have really low health pools.

Maybe Blizzard is trying to fix the issue.

Maybe said fix involves reducing the damage taken to 35% but only if the damage taken isn't more than your maximum health pool.

Let's say above changes are true.

Let's also say I have 35k HP.

Now let's say you take a "Hard" hit for 10,000 damage. Easily mitigated with 35,000 HP.

Now let's do some math.

35% of 35,000 HP is 12250. Since 12250 HP since the 10,000 damage hit is less than 35% the rune doesn't work and you take 10,000 damage.

Let's say the hit is instead 20,000 damage. The damage taken will only be 12250.

Sounds pretty much like how it works now right?

Well let's say you had 5k HP.

35% of 5,000 is 1750. So with a 10,000 Hit you should only take 1750 right?

Well, if the change is to only negate the damage if you could have survived it in the first place then you will take 10,000 damage and die.

Sounds like a better use of the mechanic IMO.

maybe this games supposed to be a pve game with a lot of build viability?

Maybe if this build was discovered say a few months from now then no one would care?

Maybe they should buff other skills and classes so they can at least compete with the correct level of gear for that area?

Honestly the fact they nerfed it only goes to show they want this game to revolve around pvp. Its just the setup for it. They should be spending their time making the AH work correctly. Anyway it forces me back to the tank setup i had before hand just faster then i was ready for it. Didnt really want to spend my millions this quickly just to get 1 shotted anyway.
Edited by Healcannon#1687 on 5/23/2012 8:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Just tested extensively on the US server, inferno, with ~8k health.

Very heavy hits will ignore force armor, normal hits still blocked.

Good luck getting a new gear set while being effectively naked :P

Right? No warning, no patch notes or hotfix.
Reply Quote

wtb forum ignore button, every time i see you in a thread my bloodpressure rockets....

We were gearing , int, AS , life regen. It was optimal for our class. You'd imagine someone as tryhard as you would understand optimal, see ya in a day or two when you're actualy out of hell and pulling your teeth in inferno.
Reply Quote
still running with 4721 hp and yes it still working against belial
but i was testing in hell

seriously

Hell Belial was going through my 3.5k force armor with any attack in phase 2.

I tried again with 21k and everything was hitting for just 7k.
Reply Quote
wizard here.

yes I am with the vit crowd.

if 35% of the attack is bigger than my total HP, I have no problem being one-shot. I need to pump more vit or dodge better. I have no issues with this.

also consider how it's triggered. when you encounter a mortar pack, it's typically 3-4 shots. OF COURSE you die because that's 2+ triggers of force armor. people need to count their attacks. better. if you see 3 archers and you run and die, it's because 3 arrows hit you.

yes some things do bypass force armor. wow. shocker guys. diamondskin/force armor is not a cure-all. actual resists and stuff do matter. that's the way it's supposed to be. maye it's all physical. it is called "force armor" not elemental armor for all we know.

people need to stop whining. if you're looking for exploits then maybe you need to re-roll another class for your easy inferno theorycrafting.

did you REALLY think you were gonna get by on inferno with 5k hp? jokes on you I'm laughing all the way from here.
Edited by LANCELOT3#1665 on 5/23/2012 9:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
wizard here.

yes I am with the vit crowd.

if 35% of the attack is bigger than my total HP, I have no problem being one-shot. I need to pump more vit or dodge better. I have no issues with this.

also consider how it's triggered. when you encounter a mortar pack, it's typically 3-4 shots. OF COURSE you die because that's 2+ triggers of force armor. people need to count their attacks. better. if you see 3 archers and you run and die, it's because 3 arrows hit you.

yes some things do bypass force armor. wow. shocker guys. diamondskin/force armor is not a cure-all. actual resists and stuff do matter. that's the way it's supposed to be. maye it's all physical. it is called "force armor" not elemental armor for all we know.

people need to stop whining. if you're looking for exploits then maybe you need to re-roll another class for your easy inferno theorycrafting.

did you REALLY think you were gonna get by on inferno with 5k hp? jokes on you I'm laughing all the way from here.

Are you playing in inferno now? The game seems rather impossible with this nerf, at least to solo. Normal spiders 1-shotting you with FA up even w/ 20k+ hp pool.
Reply Quote
I was using force armor at lvl 60 with a low vit pool and regen to get through Inferno. Even with all of my armor having regen i still died many times.
The problem with the vit crowd is that it is simply not viable. The monsters in act two inferno hit for over 100k un mitigated dmg. lets say you even manage to make that a 3 hit with vit and armor which i don't think you can then you are still dead after 3 hits. The monsters are fast as hell and fire all kinds of !@#$. You are going to be hit 3 times in under 10 seconds 99.9% of the champion packs you encounter in inferno. The top gear does not even come close to making the wizard viable.
As this is a single player game you should be able to solo inferno act 2 with gear from inferno act 1, right now that is simply not possible.
Reply Quote
There is an ignore feature on the forums.

<---- Next to the name is a down arrow, click it. There is a red button that will ignore the person.

OT: I went back to my int/vit gear, I can't use a skill that's not consistant, like Twister.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]