Diablo® III

Confirmed: Force Armor nerfed

85 Orc Warlock
05/23/2012 09:52 AMPosted by JohnAmerica
As this is a single player game you should be able to solo inferno act 2 with gear from inferno act 1, right now that is simply not possible.

I don't know why you'd think that. I thought Inferno was billed as "super tough extra difficulty that doesn't really count in the scheme of things as far as progression and soloability go". I don't see a problem with it being extraordinarily difficult to solo.
Reply Quote
Haven't had a chance to play with the new Force Armor, but I wanted to throw this in...

This is exactly the kind of weird build that was all over the place in D3. That kind of variety is what made the game great. Is Blizzard now in the business of nerfing things just because we're not playing "the way they want us to play", as someone earlier in the thread said.

If that's the case, can I please have a list of exactly what combinations of skills and gear combinations are "acceptable" so that my gameplay doesn't lead to any other nerfs?

Or, you know, at least some word from the devs about what's going on or at least changing the tooltips? FFS, nothing should be changed on game balance without being in patch notes.

And incidentally, I don't use low vit/FA, so you can skip labeling me an abuser.
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 10:09 AMPosted by Krankheit
As this is a single player game you should be able to solo inferno act 2 with gear from inferno act 1, right now that is simply not possible.

I don't know why you'd think that. I thought Inferno was billed as "super tough extra difficulty that doesn't really count in the scheme of things as far as progression and soloability go". I don't see a problem with it being extraordinarily difficult to solo.

blizzard pretty much said every class can solo Inferno.

Too bad that doesnt mean farming elites in inferno, since the bosses are so easy.
Reply Quote
patch notes

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5825330/Diablo_III_Hotfixes_-_May_Updated_52312-5_23_2012#blog

Energy Armor
Skill Rune - Force Armor
Amount of damage absorbed from a single attack will now cap at 100% of a player’s maximum Life
Reply Quote
gg just finished my low vitality gear :-D
Reply Quote
Hi ! so i wasted all my money i saved up too by gear for this build, and now u nerf it and i stand here with like 70000 left. and cant do nothing !
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 03:55 AMPosted by Thugologist
Don't have to worry about being naked to get a new gear set...we have the AH.

but we dont have any money now.
Reply Quote
^ and you probably can't sell that gear because it doesnt have vit in it hehe!
Reply Quote
tldr: if you have 8 thou health and an attack is above your base health (say 10 k) you die one shot, if you have 20 k health and the attack does 12 k you will only take 35% of the damage
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 02:42 AMPosted by ziek24
tldr: if you have 8 thou health and an attack is above your base health (say 10 k) you die one shot, if you have 20 k health and the attack does 12 k you will only take 35% of the damage

No. If you have 8k health, you would take 2666 damage. The cap on how much FA absorbs is your max HP, meaning that at 8k health, the most FA will mitigate is 8k damage per hit. Since the amount mitigated in this situation is under 8k, you would only take 35% damage.

This change just means that vitality is now important and the cheese 4k hp builds are worthless in inferno.
Edited by akcrono#1954 on 5/24/2012 3:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think Blizzard is trying to avoid a "you must have this one skill to survive" mentality. If you go into inferno, and you are forced into using one particular skill to not only stay alive, but to play fairly competently, in this case Force Armor, that puts that one skill into an elevated status above the rest of your skills, when it shouldn't be so.

Basically, if your character isn't strong enough (DPS, resistances, life pool, damage reduc, etc) to stay alive relatively well regardless of skill set (within reason) then the skills are in some way imbalanced.

Force Armor obviously broke this mentality, as it was clearly elevated above other skills -- because there are many players who with it were resilient and manageable, but without it they were dead in the water.

I am aware with other classes this is not the case, like Barbs and Monks have to play completely defensive and they are most definitely pigeonholed. I think we can all agree that a "hotfix" won't fix that and I bet they are working on it, but it's going to need a full balance patch which I'm sure we'll soon see.
Edited by Zed#1489 on 5/24/2012 3:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You guys do realize that by throwing these big emotional fits, it causes bliz to facepalm then stop reading if they were reading at all right?

Again, some of you ruin what could have been an actual conversation between a games playerbase and its creators.
Reply Quote
patch notes

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5825330/Diablo_III_Hotfixes_-_May_Updated_52312-5_23_2012#blog

Energy Armor
Skill Rune - Force Armor
Amount of damage absorbed from a single attack will now cap at 100% of a player’s maximum Life

Hahahaha... so the 50k hits will still one shot then? Fun times... Came to the forums to see what else had been nerfed. :P But, this explains a lot.
Reply Quote
yea cos DS absorbs something like 21707 damage with crystal shell, and FA is now nerfed to 100% absorption of your life points in a single hit. ridiculous lol act 4 mobs do over 100k raw damage, not to mention elite packs.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Bump for some GM to maybe pass by and read.

Wizards unite. Being oneshot by a f***ing shade stalker in act 4 inferno with force armor on, with 30k hp = Are you serious? ARE. YOU. SERIOUS?!

Terror demons attack at 2 attacks per second, supposed to be low, dealable damage. like 20k-30k. I work with 39k hp. I get one shot. Morlu legionnaires I've also tested against a monk with half gear on to simulate wizard ability..again 30kish..i get one shot.

is there some inherent 'i just got crit' shpeel you aren't telling us about?

Force armor now isn't even useful, it's literally wasted. The armor doesn't matter, we die anyways, no matter what hits us. Ther rune doesn't matter, we can't reach the HP unless we have 40million to burn on 200int/200vit gear on the AH. Fat chance, we aren't Athene.

This should be addressed. I agree force armor needed to be nerfed, but 100% of our hp? No, that's illogical. Make it 2x our hp, and we can take the hits, and SOMEHOW survive a MAJORITY of single hits, rather than being killed by...oh. Everything. If you make it 2x our hp, we still have to stack vit, but not to the point where we have to become a tank wizard just to whittle down something with hydra for 20 minutes and fracture teleport through an entire map to kill a NORMAL mob. And don't tell me every other class dies in 1 hit. Monks/barbs dont, I have 1 of each. DH/WD don't, WD has 20% across the board redux that assists in that, and DH, my bud plays a 29k DH with an 1150 Xbow, he #!%#s. And when he gets hit, he doesnt die either. Thanks =)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
im at 41k hp, just for Inf-Diablo, with INT/VIT and where applicable INT/VIT/HP% gear.

Force armor works just fine in Act IV. And makes Illusionist rock.

You are nearly there Daerkan, just a little hp and you will hearty FA all over again.
Reply Quote
I was running Whymshrine (sp?) in inferno this morning and last night, and I noticed with force armor on I was taking hits equivalent of 50%-75% of my HP pool. I double checked I had the force armor rune set and even changed it to Prismatic to test a little bit and then back to Force armor. Force Armor seems to still mitigate more damage than my Prismatic, but it was definitely taking more than 35% of my HP per hit.

Has anyone else noticed that FA isn't even blocking 1/3 of the incoming damage when the hit does under 100% health still?
Edited by Amphibithen#1655 on 6/5/2012 7:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
No he actually is right. All I read about your arguments was this:

- I don't play wizzard, but my main class has no interesting builds/fun. I'm not having fun and no one else is allowed to find another ways instead of stacking resistances. Its ok I'll also make a thread how you can't chose your own stats like you could in Diablo II. (Hipocrisy if you didnt notice)
- I'm so entitled, I make the meta of the game itself.
- I am right all the time. Everyone that says otherwise is trolling/retarded.

I suggest you fundament your balance suggestions by what you think it feels unbalanced, not by trying to prove !@#$ you have no idea what you speak of, clearly you dont even have a wizard.
Also get a life, if you want balance stop making %^-* threads, you're not a dev you'll never be anything else than a crying kid on a forum.
Reply Quote
My 43k hp 400 resist wizzard gets 1 shoted by normal naga's in act 2,kinda depressing,either my force armor is specificly screwed or the whole talent is some kind of gamble,50\50 chance that it really does the job,if blizzard nerfed it because they think it unbalanced the class,let them remove it overall. dont leave such a gimp skill on the talent tree.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]