Diablo® III

Act 2 sewer lag?

85 Orc Rogue
Everytime i go into the sewers in act 2 wether it is normal nightmare or hell i lag out really bad going up to 300-500 latency and it really messes me up when i am trying to kill blues/golds. Does anyone know what it could be? My computer runs fine all the time its not a piece of crap i'm running

amd athon 3.4 x4 quad core processor
geforce 520 gt video card and 8 gb of RAM on 20 mb/s speed through centurylink. Its just not making any sense.

Anyone else have this issue?
Reply Quote
I have this issue as well, but then again my computer's graphics capabilities aren't technically strong enough for the game (so I'm playing with graphics turned down all the way with reduced resolution).

That being said, I did lag more in the sewers in Act 2 than anywhere else. I thought it was just my crappy compy. =/
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Haidaire ,

I'm afraid your 520 GT is probably what's holding you back. It's really a low end card not suited for Diablo III.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GT_520/27.html
Edited by Omrakos on 5/23/2012 7:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Omrakos,

I have the exact same issue. It lags a lot when I'm in the sewers or in an environment that looks like the sewers (act 1, just before king Leoric, I had the same issue). Otherwise the game is running almost perfectly in full resolution everywhere else (a few lags but nothing compare to the sewers that are unplayable). I'm mostly running between 60-70fps all the time. I just lowered the Shadows, everything else is on High.

I also noticed that changing the resolution won't change anything for me. The lags are the exact same. the only thing that affects the FPS I get is V-sync turned on/off, the max FPS on the foreground and the shadows (sometimes). Apart from those settings, if I turn details from high to low or anti-aliasing off to on (or the other way around) it doesn't affect anything... am I missing something?

I have an I3 2.93ghz (ugh); 8gb of ram, Nvidia GTX 550 Ti

Can the issue come from my internet connection? I play through WiFi and realized some environment don't load properly.
Reply Quote
if its the graphics card, why does the rest of the game run fine? we have people who play on high who have to go to low on the sewers. people who play on low have to give up on the game. did u even test the game? why are there drastically different hardware requirements for different stages of the game. does that even make sense? if a better card is required for the game, make a better card required for the WHOLE game, so atleast players can get better effects throughout, and so you can set graphics to a suitable setting and play the entire time. why should we have to change our setting half way through the game depending on what act we are in? seriously? fix the game.
Edited by chris#11774 on 5/24/2012 9:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Haidaire ,

I'm afraid your 520 GT is probably what's holding you back. It's really a low end card not suited for Diablo III.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GT_520/27.html

Reading more into that card it seems like something might be wrong with it. It does seem to perform terribly and might not be suitable for gaming, unless you use a lower resolution. Overclocking it seems to basically "solve" most problems though with little-no impact: http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/galaxy_gt520_mdt/

I mean, the card is 155glops, it shouldn't be slow, it just shouldn't really be fast. IMO it's slow for a desktop gpu though.
Reply Quote
I have an Intel 2500k and a GTX 560 with 336 cuda cores at 810 mhz. I am also lagging where the water effects are large in the act 2 sewers. Is this still a lack of performance from my graphics card?
Reply Quote
Same issue with a GTX 560 Ti. Please fix this or dry the sewer out...

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/miNCF6M3E03dyBApeGKZTe5
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
Updated graphics card still having issue
Reply Quote
Running with a old 8800gts from ebay with no problems there about 60 bucks with shipping.
Reply Quote
Please fix this damn segment of the game. It's clearly a HUGE resource hog when it doesn't have to be.

Seriously - you could take two thirds of the demand away and things would look the same.
Reply Quote
For the record, I have to overclock my GTX560 up to 925mhz core clock to get 60fps here.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
Still looking for a legit answer from blizz.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I'm so tired of the "get a new video card" answer when clearly people with top of the line cards have this issue too. Get real and investigate the water issue. It's clearly within the game not us.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
bump because this need to be addressed.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
Bumping it again i know there are more people out there dealing with this issue. Speak out!
Reply Quote
I have this same issue only in the sewer or where there is water
Reply Quote
same problem i go down to like 15 FPS where i am standing in water and fightning, as soon as i go to the edge of the water it goes up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]