Diablo® III

Act 2 Beastiary - Fallen Lunatic

I have killed THOUSANDS of these buggers and not a single Beastiary page has come up, therefore it is impossible to obtain the Beastmaster of Caldeum achievement. Has anyone else had this issue or is it just me that has been bugged out from getting it?
Reply Quote
While I haven't killed thousands of them, I've certainly killed a few and still haven't gotten the lore.
Reply Quote
I have the same issue, except mine is withe the Sand Wasp. I have the bestiary extry and such, but I dont have credit for it.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
I feel ya, I've been trying to complete my bestiary for the past few days and the only entry I'm missing is the fallen lunatic. I never actually noticed running into any earlier (just assumed they were in some of the groups of fallen), but I literally just killed a group of 8 of them and still no entry or achievement (hence my forum-searching).

It's good to know I'm not the only one with this issue.
Reply Quote
Instead of creating a new thread I'm just posting again here. Roderigo again-

I checked my achievements, and while I have not yet received the entry for Fallen Lunatic, it appears I'm 82/100 into completing "Sheer Lunacy" in Challenges. Interesting, Blizzard...
Reply Quote
Having the same problem here too? Does anyone know someone who got the beastmaster achievement?
Reply Quote
I have this issue, also had it for act 1 with the wood wraith, I had to create another character and then go kill the wood wraith again with the new character in order to get the achievement. So i would assume the same might work here too. Though this is not a solution, more of a work around. Also had this issue with lore books not poping for my main, but then play with my alt and the book pops and i finally get credit for it.
Edited by Coolfool808#1205 on 5/29/2012 8:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/29/2012 08:36 PMPosted by Coolfool808
I have this issue, also had it for act 1 with the wood wraith, I had to create another character and then go kill the wood wraith again with the new character in order to get the achievement. So i would assume the same might work here too. Though this is not a solution, more of a work around. Also had this issue with lore books not poping for my main, but then play with my alt and the book pops and i finally get credit for it.

I've played through Act II on more than one character, and have yet to receive the lore popup when killing fallen lunatics. So I'm right there with the rest of you guys.
Reply Quote
I guess I'm just lucky, I had that problem with the butcher, then I just killed him with a different character and I got it, soooo...yeah.
Edited by ShakeNBake#1982 on 5/29/2012 8:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Come to think of it, i dont know if I have ever attacked/killed a fallen lunatic.

Image here: http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Fallen_Lunatic

Not sure where they spawn either. Anyone know where they spawn?
Reply Quote
I can't find ANY info on where they spawn (OR the Fallen Shaman), nor have I seen (red) ones from Act II, just green ones in other dungeons. The Shaman is all I have left, for Grand Beastmaster of Sanctuary. -,-

The Fallen Shaman, the ONE, I found, was in a "Lost Caravan" in the Stinging Winds. (Championed ones don't count I discovered). Once I killed the regular, I got my Beastmaster.

Saw Fallen Lunatics at a half buried ship in the Stinging Sands. It seems to be an event: a human warns you the ship is cursed, and several lunatics pop out of the ground and explode at you. Good luck farming!
Edited by WeyrCat#1738 on 5/29/2012 10:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/27/2012 11:00 AMPosted by TheSinister
I checked my achievements, and while I have not yet received the entry for Fallen Lunatic, it appears I'm 82/100 into completing "Sheer Lunacy" in Challenges. Interesting, Blizzard...

Likewise. My first time through Act 2 I assumed it was just some uncommon monster I missed, but looking at Sheer Lunacy it's at 56/100 for me. Now been through Act 2 with two characters and still nothing.

Interestingly, I don't recall ever seeing actual Lunatics- just the Imps, Overseers, Shamans, and Hounds. Are Lunatics transformed from Imps by Shamans, like the minions from D2 Act 5?
Reply Quote
05/30/2012 08:07 AMPosted by Scutilla

Likewise. My first time through Act 2 I assumed it was just some uncommon monster I missed, but looking at Sheer Lunacy it's at 56/100 for me. Now been through Act 2 with two characters and still nothing.

Interestingly, I don't recall ever seeing actual Lunatics- just the Imps, Overseers, Shamans, and Hounds. Are Lunatics transformed from Imps by Shamans, like the minions from D2 Act 5?

Actually, this one is no bug or anything. Fallen lunatics just are extremely rare mobs in act II. I have seen these mobs in two different events in act II. One is that half buried ship what WeyrCat mentioned and other event is in oasis. Kills you have in sheer lunacy are propably from act III, since there is plenty of happily exploding monsters in there.

And if you have that lore and it's not registered by achievement then there is no other option than making a new char (atleast in eu there was period just after launch when achievements didn't work). Hope this helps.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
It does indeed help Eise. I have only killed fallen lunatics in act 3 and it seems those only count towards sheer lunacy. Slightly stupid but it looks like you need to get lucky in act 2 with one of the events :(
Reply Quote
Just got them near the ship after Khasim Outpost - 7th playthrough.
Reply Quote
So, hes a Act III mob that you can only find on Act II randomly? lol
Edited by VoidStorM#1567 on 5/31/2012 8:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think i ran into them in the oasis but i didn't get the achievement. Oh well, maybe i'll try to find that ship after khasim outpost. God, i'm such an achievement !@#$%.
Reply Quote
After taking half a dozen characters through Act 2, I finally found some via the ship in Stinging Winds. Curiously, the blue Fallen around the Oasis do not seem to count, nor do the ones in Act 3. Seems kind of ridiculous since I found every other monster in the game without even trying.
Reply Quote
This is how I got the Fallen Lunatic:

- Start with the chapter 6. Betrayer of the Horadrim.
- Teleport to the Khasim Outpost waypoint.
- Run through the outpost to the Stinging Winds.
- Find the half sunken ship with an NPC next to it. It's around the middle of the area but there can be another random event instead.
- If it isn't there, reset and start with step 1 again.

Took me 3 resets to get the ship and credit for the Fallen Lunatic.
Reply Quote
you only have to run through the kasim outpost once, activate the waypoint in stinging winds and restart from there.
for me the ship was towards the bottom of the field also at around the 7th playthrough.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]